JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,815 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I just had a big fail! I guess I'll be working out tonight. I went back to the bank because I hadn't heard from them regarding my investigation. Last week they said 3-5 business days, after being told on April 23 10 business days. So I went back today as it was 5 days. The investigation still isn't complete! The teller that helped me last week, clicked the wrong check box so they sent it back to her this morning rather than sending it to the "right" department. So very frustrating! The poor teller that was helping me today sat on hold for at least 45 minutes trying to reach the fraud department to get answers while I was there and they couldn't do it. She had to submit the investigation yet again. While she was still helping me, the branch manager walked up and also took a copy of my file and my phone number. She promises to get in touch with me.

Anyway after being at the bank for 2 hours yet again, I was hungry. I could have stopped anywhere to get something to bring back to work, but I really wanted a cheeseburger, chips and coke. So I got all 3! Stupid of me! I am regretting it already.

So what have you learnt!! Maybe before you buy anything you can think, will i regret that later on?

And also, don’t see the exercise as a negative, like it’s a punishment for eating a burger and chips!
    Just exercise for the sake of exercising! Not because you ate something you shouldn’t have! You’ll enjoy it much more! Rather than feeling you HAVE to do it JUST to rectify a mistake.

I think if I spent 2 hours at a bank I’d want a burger too!!

Chin up! You’re doing good!

Well truthfully I did think about it and talked myself out of it and into it, back and forth. I like to argue I think, even with myself. But yes, I need to be more insistent with myself. Tell that other naughty me to shut up.

I was planning on a walk tonight anyway as I didn't get any in this weekend. I usually walk Sunday evenings, but it was such a busy weekend I was at the laundromat until late last night. I will move on today and make sure that tomorrow is bettter. I have received one email from the bank saying that my issue has been resolved to wait for further correspondence with details. Hopefully they give me the answer I am looking for.

Thanks for the feedback - have I mentioned how much I love this group?
  • Snowflake1968
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I just saw this, and it caught my breath. It can be used in so many ways. Today I'll use it as using all of my moments left today to be on the right track for eating and meeting my goals.

kzxdelkvh5lg.jpg
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    monday ... so a new day

1. log ALL food :)
    2. drink water :)
    3. remember June challenge -- mindful eating :)

June 4 - monday - I started to think about my son again, and my daughter had not taken the french toast to her apartment. So I ate 1/2 of a piece. Then I grabbed the rest of the piece. There went 330 calories. I opened the freezer,and actually had a ice cream sandwich in my hand!! And then I remembered the challenge. No, I was not hungry. I was just full of emotions worrying about things. So I again gulped 2 large glasses of water. Now, I don't have any of those cravings. It is only 8:30 pm, but I have my glass of water next to my sewing machine, and going to try and make it through the rest of the evening without eating.

5. get back on here -- yes @Bex --- I WILL be accountable!!!! :)

JFt, Tues
    1. log all food
    2. drink water - 4 glasses with each meal, and 2 glasses in the evening
    3. Remember June Challenge --- Mindful eating.
    4. get back on here - be accountable

busy day today, so my post will be short. But wow --- I had to go back almost 5 pages just to find my post from last nite! I love how active and supportive you all are!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    o71dhp1kr04j.jpg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    That’s such a great graphic - definitely see the “urgent” vs “patient” definition as a good one. The difficult thing is catching yourself in that moment of urgency when it can be all-consuming! Well done for stopping yourself with the French toast/ice-cream. That’s a great win!

I had a good Monday. Sad to admit it but I’m actually much better in the work routine. Not just because I am more active but because I’m occupied. Lots to think about with the long summer school break not that far away....

Goals for Monday
    - morning workout ✅
    - Phonics interventions x2 :/ staff absence meant we could only do 1
    - Steps to 12k ✅
    - April challenge :/ too.much.coffee!!!!
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅ resisted the frustration eating again which is a major trigger for me :)
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Tuesday:
    - morning workout
    - online grocery shop
    - message M Re the twins
    - steps to 12k
    - hot yoga after work
    - early night
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Work - loooong day unfortunately
    4. Staff meeting
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Faebert I like how you are still using april challenge, etc. That may help me remember to keep up with my new habit.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Faebert I like how you are still using april challenge, etc. That may help me remember to keep up with my new habit.

Thanks - that reminds me I forgot to put them on today’s goals. I will add. All the spring challenges to get me to a healthy summer! :)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :neutral: Managed three
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Exercise class after work :smile:
    - 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast + article + book :smile:
    - Leave work by 7pm :smile:

June Challenge:
    If you’re feeling the slightest bit emotional and want to eat—or it’s even time to eat—force yourself to either do something else or to eat something healthy and wholesome. And report it on here. Not only will it help us, but it also will give others ideas to stop that urge
    4th June - :| Found myself feeling rather down when I left work, for various reasons. Had the urge to drink when I got home, when I hadn't planned to. Distracted myself with a rubbish TV show and nice music when I got home. This meant I did not give in and have the gin! However, I only managed to get my mood back to neutral and then ended up feeling quite sad at bedtime and argued with the boyfriend. Perhaps I need to try some positive thinking/gratitude journalling next time.

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- 30-45 minute lunch break
    - French podcast + article + book
    - Stop working by 6.45
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,114 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday

(I didn’t post but I completed all of tuesdays goals apart from i only walked to nursery once because we were already out in the car at collection time)

- Be in the green
    - 8-10 glasses of water
    - Exercise
    - overall, do better than yesterday!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday was a good day but I had another snack attack right before bed. I ate two cups of popcorn and a small packet of fruit snacks. Not terrible but it's what I am trying to prevent during the June challenge. A told myself to just drink water but I reached for them anyway. Le sigh...Today is a new day and will be better!

The DH and I went to sleep super early last night because he had to get up around 545. We ended up both waking up around 430 for a little while before we finally got up around 550. Lol. Today looks like it's going to be a great day. It's bright and sunny out. When we woke up though it was only 48 degrees out! It's supposed to be a high of 75 or something! Wth! Oh well. It will be nice later.

The DH has a long day today. I may have told you(I can't remember lol), that he is the general sports/bikes and fitness department lead at a sporting goods store here in the US. I would tell you the name, except I know that MFP would block the name since it could be considered a curse. Lol. Well, he has the fall(!!!!) sports move today. He's only scheduled to work 7-3, but I highly doubt that will happen. The people in his department dont really do anything because they are always pulled into other ones. Long story. So he's a tad frustrated because he just had two days off. Anyway, he may not be home until late tonight which makes me sad because we had plans.

Okay, enough randomness(you can tell I'm tired right?)

JFT, 6/5/18

1. Log ALL food
    2. 3 bottles of water at work
    3. Remember to bring fruit to work!
    4. Put food in Crockpot before leaving
    5. Go to meeting tonight!

Have a great day everyone!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    On 1/2/16 I had enough and started using MFP and seriously looking at my food. I weighed and measured everything and lost nearly 90 pounds. Fast forward a year and I had a house flood that destroyed 1500 square feet of our house - including everything in the kitchen except for a 110 electric line and the slab of the house. We ate out for months but I really didn't gain weight. Then in the past 6 months I had emergency dental work and treatment so I had tons of grits and yogurt, not being able to chew on either side for most of the time. I didn't get desserts as meals but I still gained weight. So I returned to using MFP (I should have never left) and am on my way to getting back to my lowest weight - I'm about 20 pounds away. I'm so proud that I didn't have to gain all the weight in order to wake up. I'm glad that I'm being honest with myself about what I eat, the choices I make, etc. And I returned to my home meeting last weekend and am leading this week. I love feeling good and I'm not willing to envelop myself in a fat cloud. I'm so glad I'm using all the tools/resources I have to keep what I have and work towards getting back to the weight I prefer.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,114 Member
    Options
    I’ve been mailed a product to test by a company... it’s cookies. With no nutritional values added, what do I do? Can’t log something that doesn’t exist on the shelves yet!!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    To which food group do cookies belong? Maybe that's not your food.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 You read my mind! I wear very little jewelry or accessories, things on my wrist usually bother me - I'll definitely look into the leaf - thank you!

JFT Monday Recap
    1. Two bottles of water before 12PM :)
    2. Lots of water :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. Bed by 9:00 - TV off by 10 :)
    6. 10 squats every bathroom trip :)
    7. DH Bank to cash checks :)
    8. My Bank for rent check :)
    9. Drop off rent check @ Landlords :)
    10. Trip for MJ :)
    11. Write down more Endo prep :)
    12. Start packing list :)
    13. Stay within calories :)

Phew - what a day! And another couple of busy days upcoming. I was under calories yesterday, weigh in was the same today as it has been the past 3 days so that was a little frustrating. I had to regroup and remember that its a process - I didnt gain, I ate on plan, I FEEL GOOD. Not gonna lie I jumped back on the scale again 30 mins later hoping for any slight decrease but no such luck - I won't let it get me down though! Proud of all those smileys!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Brow Wax @12:30
    2. Endo Appointment @ 3:45
    3. Lots of water
    4. Log all food
    5. Be kind
    6. Bed by 9:00 - TV off by 10
    7. Call T
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip
    9. Do some packing - which bag am I taking?
    10. Cook dinner at home
  • toaljasa
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 You read my mind! I wear very little jewelry or accessories, things on my wrist usually bother me - I'll definitely look into the leaf - thank you!

JFT Monday Recap
    1. Two bottles of water before 12PM :)
    2. Lots of water :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. Bed by 9:00 - TV off by 10 :)
    6. 10 squats every bathroom trip :)
    7. DH Bank to cash checks :)
    8. My Bank for rent check :)
    9. Drop off rent check @ Landlords :)
    10. Trip for MJ :)
    11. Write down more Endo prep :)
    12. Start packing list :)
    13. Stay within calories :)

Phew - what a day! And another couple of busy days upcoming. I was under calories yesterday, weigh in was the same today as it has been the past 3 days so that was a little frustrating. I had to regroup and remember that its a process - I didnt gain, I ate on plan, I FEEL GOOD. Not gonna lie I jumped back on the scale again 30 mins later hoping for any slight decrease but no such luck - I won't let it get me down though! Proud of all those smileys!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Brow Wax @12:30
    2. Endo Appointment @ 3:45
    3. Lots of water
    4. Log all food
    5. Be kind
    6. Bed by 9:00 - TV off by 10
    7. Call T
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip
    9. Do some packing - which bag am I taking?
    10. Cook dinner at home

You should be proud of those smileys :smiley: Not only did you accomplish a to-do list but you knocked the water and calories out of the ballpark...and all while being kind, which is not always easy when you're having to deprive yourself! Onward!
    Peace and joy
    Take the bag that will cause the least amount of stress on your body!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Tuesday 6/5
    JFT:
    I will take every bite captive and quit eating by 8:30 (June challenge)
    I will drink 8 cups of water (April challenge)
    I will walk outside (May challenge)
    I will complete a Boundaries chapter
    I will do a bit of strength training

Peace and joy!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    Options
    Recap M 6/4
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.4 mi 59:22 / happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,439 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 39 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks in head / prelog if time & stick w/ plan / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories & sugar green (YAY), sodium -393, fiber & protein excellent & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: bank (deposit & cash) :# took longer than expected but done / 9v battery for smoke detector :smiley: (hate that chirping noise) & hubby put in when he got home from work <3 / make 2 pans rhubarb crisp (bring one to work T) late getting home, made pesto whitefish :smiley: , steamed asparagus :smiley: & couscous salad :smiley: so not done with supper & clean-up until 7:45 & no energy left for making crisp :/ T for sure :p / make couscous salad (meant chopping tomatoes, green onions & cucumber plus dressing) :smiley: yum!
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: in bed & no TV before 10 ~ I've been really tired lately by evening (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 6/5 ~ Stupid alarm malfunctioned again (clock jumped ahead one hour during night) & alarm rang at 4:30 A.M. >:) Listened to my body & skipped dog walk / no workout before work :s Time for new clock. :p
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Leftovers day / prelog if time / net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual
    3) Cross-train after work
    4) Evening: make rhubarb crisp / make power muffins if time / 1 - 2 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    o71dhp1kr04j.jpg

I think I need to print this off and put it on my fridge
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Yesterday I prelogged my food. I included homemade ice cream, which I thought I would have after returning home from my husband's soft ball game. On the way back, I realized it was 9pm, which was beyond my 830pm cut off time. GRRRR.

My first thought was to just have a smaller amount. But then I recalled my words here yesterday about no more "p-u-s-s-y footin' around." So I began stating Truth: I am not saying no to ice cream; I am saying to wait a day. Truth: I'm not going to die if I don't have it. Truth: It's not a special occasion. Truth: Am I going to cave on my challenge so quickly? Am I going to let flesh win out over will?

Well, not this time. I went home and got a big ol bowl of delicious homemade strawberry ice cream, and took it to the hubs. I "rebelliously" didn't even have one bite or lick.
    Round 2, goes to the WILL!!! (begin playing Rocky music... :smiley: )
    1f27p8vlzgdw.png