JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks @maryrobinson40 ! Finishing this last coffee and then it’s go go go! Time to shake myself out of my slump x
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    Wake up in time
    Have breakfast at home
    Ease into the day
    Have quiet time
    Stick to the meal plan
    No dessert at Alpha tonight.
    Complete Day 4 of exercise plan
    Be in bed by 10.

I woke up on my first alarm today and didn't snooze :) super proud.

Made oats and coffee then snuggled under blankets eating my oats. That was the best bowl of oats I've ever had. It was sweet and tasty like dessert. <3 And I didn't even add sugar. It was good. I set my alarm for an hour before I needed to be up and I spent that time just laying in bed. I listened to a motivational video and journaled, before jotting down everything I needed to do for the morning.

Made my bed and got my hair all pretty and make up done. I never have time for that because I get up at the last moment.

Small changes.

That's absolutely wonderful!!! Yesss!!! I'm simply proud of you! Great Job Beautiful👏👏👏👏🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 That's a dozen roses .That's inspiring and I love it! YESSSSSS!!!!!
    Enjoy your day Great Job @rsamuelsgold !
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Morning all, well that was a horrendous night!
    But I'm feeling relatively alive and probably can rectify the situation with lots and lots of coffee.

Anyway, I didn't say anything last night but it was a total bust yesterday. I don't know what it was but I just don't think I started the day right and I was so out of routine. I actually did okay until dinner. But then I don't know what happened. I just ate, and ate and ate and ate.

I can only hope it wasn't too high in calories because I was already in the green, so I'm hoping I only ate to around 2000 but who knows. I can't remember how much I ate and of what. I'll rack my brains and try log it to try be accountable but the unhealthy snacks soon add up don't they!

So
    New day!
    Tuesday Goals!
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise!
    - Tidy up
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Much Love coming at ya @Bex953172 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖✋
    It's time to make me a cup of coffee too. Then I'll try to get 1700 more steps on my fitbit. We Got This My Friend👏👏👏💪
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Last night was a total bust. Had to adult beverages and was down for the count. Not sure why. Probably because I didn't eat lunch. I did nothing but lay in the couch and listen to a podcast. A really funny one. Lol.

I hit none of my goals so we're going to try again tonight.

1. Stay under calories
    2. Work 815-515
    3. Dinner/dishes
    4. DH time
    5. Bed by 11
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Jft Sunday and Monday
    1. Meds AM and Pm >:)
    2. Log all food >:) Took monday off for logging - I'm going to go back and fill it in now though.
    3. Be kind - articulate what you need when you need it, dont stew. :)
    4. Drink water when you can, breakfast, lunch and at the office. :)
    5. Pack 4 more boxes tonight :)
    6. Load car with first night box and dog bed :)
    7. Pick out tomorrow outfit :)
    8. Pack 3 day bag :)
    9. Relax and rejoice!!! :)

Officially homeowners. Still beside myself. I ate pizza for all my meals yesterday :D Fortunately I meal prepped Sunday so I have dinner to bring up tonight and I have a lunch packed for today. I'm working today but DH is moving the boxes we have packed so far in the car because it's raining. Had to reschedule the Uhaul to Friday because Uhaul didnt have a truck for us Saturday even though I made the reservation 2 weeks ago...but I'm grateful that's the only hiccup so far! I need to eat my wheaties before then because we are self moving - which we've done twice before but it's always trying! Worth the savings for us though. We had so much fun last night having our family over. We had our first sauna last night and got the hot tub warming up for tonight! It was so nice to be present in the moment yesterday - and to be happy to be in pictures!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Meds AM and PM
    3. Drink 3 waters before noon
    4. Bring dirty rice for dinner - ask DH to bring it from apartment
    5. Be present and kind
    6. Bring a load of laundry up to house
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, MONDAY, 8/13
    1. drink water :) Put some flavorings in my water, but at least it helped me to drink water today
    2. log all food :)
    3. go out side and work in the yard :) OMG -- I am so tired! Worked in the yard from 11am until 6:30! But I got a lot done .... 2 flower beds done ....... 4 more to go!
    4. work on quilt :/ Too tired .... going to just flop in bed and do some HGTV watching! I think Love It or List it is on!
    5. only 1 snack tonite ... close the kitchen :) Had one more Fiber One brownie ... and drinking water

That is a long time! I can't wait to see pics of your gardens.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:

I woke up on my first alarm today and didn't snooze :) super proud.

Made my bed and got my hair all pretty and make up done. I never have time for that because I get up at the last moment.

Small changes.

This is a huge change for someone that likes to hit snooze and get up with not time to spare. Good for you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning everyone, took a bit of an extended break as I think I just got a bit overwhelmed at the end of last week. I worked so hard on keeping with the programme in the run up to my holiday and while away I think it has just been too much. And I feel a bit rudderless without my kids here.

So yesterday was the first Monday in about 6 months that I didn’t workout at all. And today I’m thinking seriously about how I’m going to balance health and fitness goals (the constant fear of losing all progress and regaining) with a more realistic lifestyle.

So Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - shopping (printer ink and jeans)
    - post/paperwork/house tidy
    - maybe hot yoga
    - Spend evening working out a term time fitness routine
    - Early night

Have a great day all x

Are you down to where you want to be in maintenance? This is my third go round losing weight, I 100% understand your fear.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    uymtqdck7www.png

Home sweet home!

Oh congratulations!!!!!! I hope you post pics once you are settled in! We have always self moved too. A lot of work but so worth the savings in the end. You look so happy and beautiful!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Good morning all! I’m new to MFP and this community. The last few weeks I surpassed my 10,000-steps per day goal EVERY SINGLE DAY. This week, ummm...not off to a good start. I have only achieved 7,000-8,000 steps each day in the last two days. Not too bad. I’m super motivated today! I woke up around 4:00 a.m. to get a head start on my day. I did my 30-minute work-out, had a cup of coffee and now I’m on my way to make a positive difference in someone’s life today! Let’s make today even better than yesterday. Have a great day everyone!

I love making today better than yesterday! Have a great day :)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Thank you @Snowflake1968 :blush::blush:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap M 8/13
    1) Walked dog before work & MapMyWalk behaved bizarrely ~ kept "pausing" "resuming" workout ~ glad I checked time when we walked out door / 3.52 mi 1:03 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,566 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Focus at work ~ test at least 3 samples = 3 done :) ~ slowed b/c 1 sample had 21 line items + 16 packing lists + one list was missing :#
    4) Meals / snacks prelogged with some wiggle room / net calories green / > 12c water (was little light on water over weekend) = Logged cooking & light cleaning :D, besides dog walk, to get net cals green, sodium -31, sugar -20, fiber & protein excellent & 13c water :smiley:
    5) Evening: boil eggs :smiley: / clear off coffee table :| started several times, but Kitty wanted to nap on me ~ aww / review recipes & choose something for Sat. :smiley: finally chose menu: Stan's Favorite Chicken, carrot raisin salad, cucumber salad & chocolate zucchini cake
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ / FLOSS :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog T before work)

JFT T 8/14 ~ voted in primary before work ~ one less thing to do
    1) Walked dog before work / 3/49 mi 1:01 & wish MapMyWalk would behave ~ at least it tracks my route properly / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged + wiggle room / net calories green / no snacking before supper after work / > 12c water
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: finish clearing coffee table + maybe 1-2 more to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog W before work)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9 p.m. + logged
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9:00
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30pm (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9 :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8p.m. & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday August 13
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 174
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/
    Only one Evening Snack - :)
    Walk? or Setup craftroom with an exercise area? - I did both, I "walked" for 45 minutes while watching a tv show, and set up an area to exercise in the craft room. I also did a 30 Minute Pilates video, I am so out of shape!
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Tuesday August 14
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only one Evening Snack
    Walk
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

I officially hit the 20 pound mark this morning! This has taken me longer than the last two times I lost both of which took from April to August to lose around 25. I am hoping that this time I am making enough changes and habits that I don't feel burned out and give up. So far so good, I am not feeling deprived, and I don't feel like I'm pushing myself so hard on the exercise. I hope that this is the right path for me to take. Now onto the next 10! I really hope I am in the 170's by September 1st.

What a difference I feel this morning in my back! I was hoping that the Pilates would help with the stiffness and pain I have been having. Definitely glad that I have that area set up now.

I watched an informercial last night. It was for a Time Life DVD collection - CMA Live - it's a history of performances performed on the CMA Awards. It starts in 1968 and goes to 2015. I sent several texts to my daughter telling her what a great 50th birthday gift this would be for me. I now am thinking I should just order it myself. I had asked for this for Christmas too and no one listened to me. Maybe I'll be a bit more patient and see.

I have to go try to sell some more today. Yesterday the Business Development guy told me that the VP won't let him come up until we get some "wins". He's supposed to be teaching me how to sell to different businesses and get longer contracts, but he's not allowed to come up until I sell????? I wish I was financially able to just say Good Bye.

• marya730
    marya730 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need some accountability!

Just for today:
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Track all my food
    3. Hit 7,500 steps (working my way up to 10k)

I’m going to keep it to 3 goals, for better chance of success. 😂

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I’m new to MFP and this community. The last few weeks I surpassed my 10,000-steps per day goal EVERY SINGLE DAY. This week, ummm...not off to a good start. I have only achieved 7,000-8,000 steps each day in the last two days. Not too bad. I’m super motivated today! I woke up around 4:00 a.m. to get a head start on my day. I did my 30-minute work-out, had a cup of coffee and now I’m on my way to make a positive difference in someone’s life today! Let’s make today even better than yesterday. Have a great day everyone!
    If you're interested, there's a monthly Step Challenge at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10684866/step-challenge-august-2018#latest that I participate in. Each person sets his/her own goal.

@AJB1014 Congrats on the new home! Hubby and I have always self-moved also ~ great for burning calories. Love your pic!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    Thank you @cschmitz110515 !!! I figure the moving will make up for all the pizza I'm consuming this week!!!