JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,078 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    No goals for Thursday
    4 yo fell out of bunk bed hit her head on the wall and she’s got a little cut on her head!
    Blood pouring down her face is not something you want to see at 3.30am.
    Trip to A&E and a little glue to keep it together (although she wasn’t sure she needed it, more a just in case)

I am tired!

OMG. Is she alright now? And no wonder you're tired!

Yeah thankfully, she said she had a bit of headache earlier today but she seems fine now.
    She was okay last night,playing in the hospital
    She’s put a dent in the wall anyway lol

Today she’s been pretty needy though, needing hugs etc, of course I don’t mind that at all but she she took it a step further and tried to get everything she wanted lol! Had to tell her then to stop.

I just heard crying and thought it was 7am and she needed a wee, but no, 3.30 that’s the first thing that confused me, then thought it must just be a wee or she’s accidentally wet the bed in her sleep even if it’s unlikely it’s still possible
    But nope
    Bottom of the ladder with blood pouring down.

Never known panic like it lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    No goals for Thursday
    4 yo fell out of bunk bed hit her head on the wall and she’s got a little cut on her head!
    Trip to A&E and a little glue to keep it together (although she wasn’t sure she needed it, more a just in case)

I am tired!

Yeah thankfully, she said she had a bit of headache earlier today but she seems fine now.

Today she’s been pretty needy though, needing hugs etc, of course I don’t mind that at all but she she took it a step further and tried to get everything she wanted lol! Had to tell her then to stop.

I just heard crying and thought it was 7am and she needed a wee, but no, 3.30 that’s the first thing that confused me, then thought it must just be a wee or she’s accidentally wet the bed in her sleep even if it’s unlikely it’s still possible
    But nope

So scary, it's always so frightening when your child gets hurt
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I was thinking of you when I took a walk to get out of my boring office. I have updated my chart for tracking the "In 5 Weeks", this is how it has turned out so far for me.

Date Current - Logged in MFP In 5 Weeks 5 Weeks Weight
    26-Apr 194.8 185.2 31-May 189.6
    27-Apr 198.8 187.5 1-Jun 188.2
    28-Apr 193.4 186.7 2-Jun 189
    29-Apr 193.4 186.5 3-Jun 188.2
    30-Apr 193.4 185.9 4-Jun 190.2
    1-May 193.4 185.9 5-Jun 189
    2-May 193.4 185.3 6-Jun 188.2
    3-May 193.4 183.5 7-Jun 188.2
    4-May 193.4 183.7 8-Jun 187.2
    xmnidk1hpaej.png
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    No goals for Thursday

I am tired!

But nope

Oh I'm so thankful she is okay. Hopefully she will be able to sleep tonight...and you as well :)

Peace and joy, Bex!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday recap
    1. Meds AM - skip spiro PM :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Most water in before 3PM :)
    4. 10 wall push ups each bathroom trip :)
    5. Healthy choices with a few treats :)
    6. Take Ibuprofen after lunch :)
    7. Stop at CVS - bring list :)
    8. Charge phone fully before leaving :)
    9. Be kind :)
    10. Have fun! :)

Real quick for today and tomorrow
    1. Be present, be patient, be kind - just be you
    2. Eat at maintenance
    3. Lots of water

Happy weekend all!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip @AJB1014 and @Bex953172 hope your little one is ok. Middle of the night A&E trips are awful. Try and get lots of rest this weekend.

I got back late last night but had a very good day in the end. Our staff choir had a performance at a charity night and to be honest there were so many of my “triggers’ for emotional eating involved: general Friday night “screw it” mentality, everyone else’s partners turned up to give support so I was the only one on my own, I stayed up late and got hungry from tiredness and (poss too much) exercise, I came back to an empty house so no-one to see if I binged etc..BUT June challenge kicked in and I got home, tidied up a bit, made a protein shake and got to bed. Major major victory. Thank you so much @mytime6630 for setting this challenge!

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅- I made it. So so happy
    - Finish report edits :| nearly! A few left which I will finish this weekend
    - Pay lawyer bill!!!!! :s oops
    - Hot yoga with friends ✅
    - Enjoy healthy home-cooked dinner with my friends after ✅
    - Choir performance at music night ✅
    - Straight to bed after - no snacks! :) a healthy protein shake in the end that I had most definitely earned!

Goals for Saturday
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge - keep it up tonight once girls have gone to bed
    - Pay lawyer
    - Reports
    - Buy bday presents and cards x2
    - A for coffee this afternoon
    - Roast veggies and make ratatouille
    - Health food store and coffee/homework with the girls
    - Early night

Have a fab weekend everyone x
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Have a great trip @AJB1014 and @Bex953172 hope your little one is ok. Middle of the night A&E trips are awful. Try and get lots of rest this weekend.

I got back late last night but had a very good day in the end. Our staff choir had a performance at a charity night and to be honest there were so many of my “triggers’ for emotional eating involved: general Friday night “screw it” mentality, everyone else’s partners turned up to give support so I was the only one on my own, I stayed up late and got hungry from tiredness and (poss too much) exercise, I came back to an empty house so no-one to see if I binged etc..BUT June challenge kicked in and I got home, tidied up a bit, made a protein shake and got to bed. Major major victory. Thank you so much @mytime6630 for setting this challenge!

-

You are doing SO GOOD!!!!! I love hearing how you are working with your triggers!!! Thank you so much for posting this --- you get me so motivated! (and everyone else on here!)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. dinner with a friend ... so make healthy choices :) Had a pulled pork sandwich, baked beans and cole slaw /..... but only ate HALF of all this, and ate very lightly all day. SO I think I am OK!
    2. log all food :) Going to do this right now. I need to get where I log my food as I eat it though. I tend to wait until the end of the nite, which probably is not the best way to log my food.
    3. april challenge -- 8 glasses of water :) I was meeting a friend - which is a 30 minute drive, so took my water bottle! Trying to make this a habit.
    4. may challenge --- spent 15 minutes outside walking :/
    5. june challenge -- mindful eating, and then report what I did on here :/ I did "cheat" tonite with a small ice cream cone at Dairy Queen -- only because I delivered a brownie/ice cream sundae to my daughter. But .... I could have done worse and had what she had, right???? So maybe a "little" mindful eating?
    6. get back on here . be accountable :)

Summer I am always so busy - with both work, and working in the yard until it gets dark. Then I sew... which means I don't get on my computer as much. So that makes logging food harder, because I tend to wait until I go to bed to get on here and log what I eat (and hope I did not go over!). So this is something I have to try and get a better habit.

I am so happy to hear some of how you guys are doing the June Challenge!! I love seeing what you do, and it motivates me as well as so many others! So thank you all for posting these win wins!!

JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food immediately after I eat it so I know how my day is going
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym
    4. april challenge -- 8 glasses of water
    5.May challenge -- get outside exercise for min of 15 minutes. I am going to try and go for a bike ride!
    6. June challenge - mindful eating, and report it on here what I did
    7. work on quilt -- I am almost finished sewing all the rows together! Can't wait to see how it looks
    8. get started on chemo hats - its been over a month since I gave her some . Need to get more made
    9. get back on here - be accountable.
  • mytime6630
    Options

I am tired!

[/quote]

Oh, that poor little girl!! And I bet you were scared to death!! Especially seeing the blood! But I am so glad everyone is OK!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Bex953172 - I was thinking of you when I took a walk to get out of my boring office. I have updated my chart for tracking the "In 5 Weeks", this is how it has turned out so far for me.

xmnidk1hpaej.png

How did you do this???? I love seeing where I might be in 5 weeks -- but somehow in 5 weeks I am not at what they say. But how did you print out this? Love seeing it ... and great motivation
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »

Whoop Whoop!!!! Fantastic on the discipline. Way to go and an encouragement for the rest of us!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Post office :)
    4. Studio time :# frustrated, misplaced a machine part
    5. Pool :)
    6. Subway for dinner :)
    7. Brush and floss :)
    8. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Dismantle studio if necessary
    4. P/U Miss C for sleepover
    5. Make Turkey soup
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Sweet dreams everyone.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

xmnidk1hpaej.png

How did you do this???? I love seeing where I might be in 5 weeks -- but somehow in 5 weeks I am not at what they say. But how did you print out this? Love seeing it ... and great motivation

Every night when I close my diary for the night I put what it says on my phone note app. I use Excel at work to create the chart. I only update my weight on MFP check in when I’ve lost more that 1/2 a pound so it stays the same a lot. I weigh daily though and record that on my excel sheet and on the Give me 10 days challenge.
    I’ve been waiting very patiently for the 31st to see how this was going, it was the 5 week mark from where I started tracking.

It seems really off to me so far. I of course don’t eat exactly the same day but my “in 5 weeks” numbers are usually pretty close daily.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT - Friday June 8
    Stay in Green - Yes
    2L of Water - Yes
    Outside 15 Minutes - Yes
    June Challenge - YES
    Do 10 Something's at Work - sort of, I did a couple times but then I took a half hour walk
    Plank Challenge - completely forgot this last night
    Stretch Challenge - completely forgot this too
    Walk tonight - Yes

JFT - Saturday June 9
    2L of water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 minutes
    June challenge
    Plank Challenge
    Stretch challenge
    Swim lesson
    Write in Journal
    Walk?

Hubby wants to find something to do today, we can’t afford a lot but going to try to find something because it’s rare he wants to do anything.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A very up and down day for me. Started down but ended up so I guess I should feel positive. My current challenge is being ok with not being perfect - specifically if I skip a workout because I’m too tired or sore, that’s ok. It doesn’t mean I need to get down on myself and eat my feelings. I’m thinking maybe I need to commit to specific planned rest days. But I’m always up early so generally feel like I may as well work out, especially as I can’t be sure I can make a class in the evening. Hmmm, pondering...

Goals for Saturday
    - morning workout ✅ not my usual but a hour and twenty minute walk to make up for it
    - April challenge :/ need to prioritise this
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge - keep it up tonight once girls have gone to bed ✅ started badly, but I pulled things back so I am taking that as a win!
    - Pay lawyer! ✅ at last!
    - Reports :| too busy with the kids today
    - Buy bday presents and cards x2 :/ tomorrow!
    - A for coffee this afternoon ✅
    - Roast veggies and make ratatouille ✅
    - Health food store and coffee/homework with the girls ✅
    - Early night ✅

Sunday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Presents and cards
    - Reports
    - Early night

Off to bed - enjoy the weekend all x
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a whole whiny post typed out and deleted it. I'm struggling with some pain right now. I'm having issues with my left SI joint being stuck, 3 lumbar spine disks being twisted in my back and a tilted/twisted pelvis. I started physical therapy last week for it and can hardly walk right now from the pain.

I am feeling a bit depressed but if I don't get on here and give myself goals, I will totally give up and I don't want to do that. Thank you for being here and helping me to not want to give up. You are all so important to me, and you don't even know it! :blush:

Just for Saturday:
    1. Make healthy food choices
    2. Drink 64 oz water
    3. Declutter as much as I can while sitting
    4. Rest, ice and heat. Don't overdo it.
    5. Early bedtime.
    6. Read something fictional just for pleasure.