• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa SO TRUE!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa SO TRUE!

Absolutely right! And actually why I love this forum. We post fitness goals alongside day-to-day chores/activities and it gives it that ‘daily habit’ status. Most of my JFT list I might not feel motivated for, but it needs doing!

Had a great day today - all green ticks. Has been warm and I’ve been drinking lots of fluid. I’m really noticing how it helps with everything so staying v focused on April challenge now!

Sunday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - Presents and cards ✅
    - Reports ✅
    - Early night ✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Network meeting at 4
    - Leave on time
    - Amazon order
    - Steps to 12k
    - Early night

Have a great end to your weekend all x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @toaljasa SO TRUE!

Absolutely right! And actually why I love this forum. We post fitness goals alongside day-to-day chores/activities and it gives it that ‘daily habit’ status. Most of my JFT list I might not feel motivated for, but it needs doing!

Had a great day today - all green ticks. Has been warm and I’ve been drinking lots of fluid. I’m really noticing how it helps with everything so staying v focused on April challenge now!

Sunday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - Presents and cards ✅
    - Reports ✅
    - Early night ✅

Monday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge
    - May challenge
    - June challenge
    - Network meeting at 4
    - Leave on time
    - Amazon order
    - Steps to 12k
    - Early night

Have a great end to your weekend all x

Woo-Hoo to you! That's so great---you are moving forward and sounds like you are in a positive place right now. Water really helps me stay the course and actually lose weight. I can tell when I don't drink at least 6 cups a day now...and I was drinking a 1/2 -1 cup a day in January!

Peace and Joy.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,077 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa so true!
    Where was she when I was pregnant lol!
    Could of done with reading that when I was pregnant as I tucked into whole bags of biscuits!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this thread. I love this idea. I've been doing a program, and sice late August I've lost 38 pounds, and am sitting at about 156 lbs. But I've gotten very complacent. So I'm jumping back in with both feet.

For Monday 6/11
    1. Log my weight in Libra.
    2. Day 2 of Beck Diet Solution
    3. Read advantages response cards from day 1
    4. Log food
    5. At least 30 minute walk
    6. Stay in calorie goal
    7. Keep within wine limit
    8. Write my fitness statement for PN
    9. Plan short trip to FL

For this coming week, try at least one new exercise class.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Real quick for today and tomorrow recap
    1. Be present, be patient, be kind - just be you :)
    2. Eat at maintenance :)
    3. Lots of water >:) a good effort but not enough while traveling.

These simple little reminders helped me so much of my trip. I actually can't wait to get back to my schedule tomorrow. It was so nice to get away from it all. It was also fun to enjoy things this weekend and not feel bad about it. I'm not on a diet this time around - it's a lifestyle change. So I'm not stressing about "cheating" or having a few not so perfect days. Life is for living and I did a lot of that this weekend! The food I ate fueled me to wake up and watch the sunrise on the beach. It fueled me to swim and play in the ocean for hours. It was food I shared with loved one's. It was food that made me smile. I might go home with a few extra pounds of weight, but I also go home with a few hundred memories, a heart full of love, and gratitude for the things my body allows me to do.

JFT Sunday
    1. Finish water bottle
    2. Don't freak out about the scale tomorrow morning
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday: Wrap Up

1) Log all food, staying in the green for calories :smiley:
    2) Drink 10 glasses of water :smiley:
    3) Wash another load of laundry :smiley:
    4) Prepare bean soup :smiley: This turned out great!
    5) Empty dishwasher :smiley:
    6) Yoga routine :smiley:
    7) Physical therapy morning and evening :smiley:

Feels so good to see all those smiles!

JFT Monday:

1) Log all food, staying green.
    2) Drink 10 glasses of water
    3) Prepare split pea soup for freezer
    4) Yoga routine
    5) Physical therapy morning and evening
    6) TRY weights routine (I haven't been able to do this since my ankle injury, but I'm going to give it a go as it's doing much better)
    7) Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 9 pm (I am not always great about brushing at night, so that essay on self-love hit home in the teeth department!)

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A word of encouragement for those who get on here early Monday morning. Peace and joy!
    xnn46brggvgp.png
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Drop Miss C back at home :)
    4. Work :)
    5. Brush and Floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Work
    4. Walk if it's not monsooning out like it was Sunday.
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink 4 bottles of water

- 30 mins lunch break
    - French podcast, article, book, Duolingo
    - Leave work by 6.30
    - Leave pub by 9.15
    - Prep running stuff for tomorrow

I'm going to start tracking the June challenge on here, as I did with the May challenge. It's harder with the June challenge as it's not just a simple yes/ no. However I'm going to give it a smiley face rating, comment, and then carry the face over from day to day. So here goes:

June 10: Let "I'm on holiday" emotions be an excuse for pigging out on chocolate in the evening :s
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Not really committed to this the last few days..
    Had one off day which turned into a few off days.

Today I’m in a pretty bad mood, but that’s no excuse is it!

So JFT Sunday:
    Be in the green :(
    Exercise :(
    8 glasses of water :(
    Try relax and stay calm. Meh ish

Okay total fail of a day!
    I was really nailing it early last week!
    Need to try harder today
    I actually did well til after tea and just pigged out after
    Don’t know why, I ate lots of sugary stuff so that’s depression right? (Based on that chart)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Monday

- Be in the green!
    - Healthy breakfast lunch and dinner!
    - No chocolate
    - No biscuits!!!
    - Use my alternatives!
    - Log accurately
    - Drink 8 glasses
    - Exercise!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not really committed to this the last few days..
    Had one off day which turned into a few off days.

Today I’m in a pretty bad mood, but that’s no excuse is it!

So JFT Sunday:
    Be in the green :(
    Exercise :(
    8 glasses of water :(
    Try relax and stay calm. Meh ish

Okay total fail of a day!
    I was really nailing it early last week!
    Need to try harder today
    I actually did well til after tea and just pigged out after
    Don’t know why, I ate lots of sugary stuff so that’s depression right? (Based on that chart)

I'm sure as a mom of young ones it's hard to recover from a night of interrupted sleep (since you can't just sleep more the next night!) and I know that my ability to make good decisions is down significantly when I'm tired. Plus our body wants us to compensate for the energy we don't have and sends out urgent "eat" signals, from what I understand. So it makes some sense that you've struggled the past couple of days.

Forgive yourself and kick today in the butt! Show us your smiley report!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    JFT - Sunday June 10
    2L of water - :)
    stay in Green - :(
    Outside 15 minutes - :/
    June challenge - :/
    Plank Challenge - :(
    Stretch challenge - :(
    Write in Journal - :(
    Walk? - :(

JFT - Monday June 11
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    June Challenge
    Plank Challenge
    Stretch Challenge
    Write in Journal
    Exercise?
    10 Somethings at work
    Finish Father's Day card

What an up and down weekend for me. From reading the posts it seems we are all struggling in some way or another.

Saturday was such an up day for me! I had my 7th of 8 swim lessons in the morning. I am still not getting the breathing down, but I think I have figured out the reason. I need to go this week and test out my theory. Saturday we were in the big pool instead of the leisure pool, there were 3 lessons taking place so I didn't have the length I needed to test my theory properly. However, I jumped into the deep end! I did it the first time with a pool noodle, then I did it twice with a belt. Then after some peer pressure from two of the ladies that are ER nurses and with them leading the pack I jumped in 3 or 4 times with no belt, no noodle, nothing but myself to depend on! The nurses big fears was the deep end as well. They said all these lifeguards around here can get us out of the water, and we can perform CPR. It was only after we all jumped at the same time that we realized our CPR team was in the water too. It was such a proud moment for me. I couldn't wait to get home and tell hubby! Just an incredibly awesome day.

I want to say that yesterday was a complete bust, but I'm not going to. I slept in yesterday morning, haven't done that in a long time. I woke up when hubby asked me if I was supposed to pick the Grands up, it was 20 to 10. I got up dressed and went to get them. Came home made our usual Sunday breakfast (the kids say they are Hobbits, because this is always 2nd breakfast for them).

On Saturday I went to yard sales with a friend and I found a cute little vanity for Michaela, it lights up and plays music and came with a bag of accessories, hair dryers, curling irons, straighteners. It was only $5, so this Mimi just couldn't refuse. I had it for a surprise for her, but I hadn't found anything at any of the yard sales for Jonah. So that he wasn't upset I told him that we would go to yard sales yesterday to see if he could find something. We went to a few, but it was cold and rainy so we had trouble finding many. We ended up spending money at the dollar store for him.

I found an old fashioned milkshake maker that I bought. We stopped for ice cream, while we were buying, it my daughter suggested Cookies and Cream, she said, "but you don't like that". I said I don't like milkshakes so it doesn't matter to me. Cookies and Cream works because I won't eat it! So that was probably a little win. She asked me why I bought the milkshake machine if I don't like them, I just raised my eyebrows at her, she knows I always think of my family first. We had tacos for supper and I had no dessert.

Move onto the evening, I took the kids home came back took a bath. At this point the winds were gusting upwards of 60km/h and it was raining hard. Our furnace had kicked in a couple times. Hubby went to bed and then I succumbed. I had my evening snack even though I didn't have the calories for it. I wasn't hungry it was just that I wanted it. Then from one bad decision to another I decided to watch another recorded episode of a show and decided I "needed" something else to eat so had toast with cheez whiz. So I ate instead of doing my planks and stretches. Ate instead of writing in my journal. Ate instead of going to bed at a decent hour.

Sunday always seems to be a struggle for me to meet all of my goals, I'm not ready to change my goals so I don't feel like I'm failing, I think that would be giving in too easily. I need to figure out a way even on rainy days to get activity in, to eat according to my goals and to stick to it.

Today is a new day, I am alone at the office all week, so I'll get some activity in today while I'm here alone. It is still rainy and cold so I won't be able to get a walk in tonight. On a positive note my weigh in this morning says I have lost another 2 pounds, this is after a 1/2 pound loss on Friday's weigh in! So even though I feel like I'm "failing" a lot of days it is working.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I was able to read a lot of the posts yesterday, I just find it hard to respond on my phone or iPad. I was scrolling fb last night and saw this and thought it fit in perfectly with what @toaljasa was saying.

18c8u556kows.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Drop Miss C back at home :)
    4. Work :)
    5. Brush and Floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Work
    4. Walk if it's not monsooning out like it was Sunday.
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

You have the crappy weather too huh? It dropped over 20 degrees here from Saturday to Sunday. According to the weather reports there were a couple of tornadoes that touched down in rural areas.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @mytime6630 hugs, i know how frustrating. I “messed up” yesterday but because it was the morning and I then balanced out the rest of the day, in my mind I didn’t feel I’d completely failed. But I do relate to that feel of anger with oneself!

I’m wondering if it would be helpful for us to track and record each day of the June challenge - kind of like a scorecard, so we can see the overall picture. I know @slittlemeister did that with the May challenge. I feel like it’s a battle for me so maybe it would kick in more if I can see it like Faebert 2 Mindless/emotional eating 1.

I know it sort of goes against the concept of ‘just for one day’ but if you and/others think it’s helpful maybe we should do it so the challenge is more measurable and maybe we feel even more motivated? We may also notice that although we didn’t ‘win‘ every day, we did well more days than not...

What do people think? X

I think this would be a good idea. If we made a little note about whether we were able to achieve the goal or not and what we did or didn't do to accomplish it. I sort of did that for last night in my JFT post, so I'll do that each day.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this thread. I love this idea. I've been doing a program, and sice late August I've lost 38 pounds, and am sitting at about 156 lbs. But I've gotten very complacent. So I'm jumping back in with both feet.

For Monday 6/11
    1. Log my weight in Libra.
    2. Day 2 of Beck Diet Solution
    3. Read advantages response cards from day 1
    4. Log food
    5. At least 30 minute walk
    6. Stay in calorie goal
    7. Keep within wine limit
    8. Write my fitness statement for PN
    9. Plan short trip to FL

For this coming week, try at least one new exercise class.

Welcome! I started participating in this group at the very end of March and absolutely love it. I don't think I've missed checking in one day since I started. It is a very welcoming and encouraging group.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just for Saturday:
    1. Make healthy food choices :)
    2. Drink 64 oz water :/
    3. Declutter as much as I can while sitting :)Decluttered the cedar chest in our BR which opened up room to declutter half of our closet. Found I have 4 different Laptop bags which were given to us from attending different events at Epic in Verona, WI. I only need one, so cleaned them out and will give them to the kids if they need one or put in donate box. These were all things I could do seated on edge of bed.
    4. Rest, ice and heat. Don't overdo it. :)Was not how I wanted to spend day, but did it anyway.
    5. Early bedtime. :/Started watching a Netflex show and didn't realize how late it got!
    7. Read something fictional just for pleasure. :)

Getting around a bit better today, so I'm happy about that. I feel bad about being so depressed yesterday. I actually spent about an hour just crying. Maybe I needed a good cleansing cry...I don't know. I had a quarterly Biometric screening done at work on Wednesday and my glucose was good, my cholestrol was good, but my HDL (good cholesterol) was low, putting me at moderate risk for heart disease. My BMI was up, not obese but overweight and my stomach circumference was high, also putting me at risk for heart disease. Well, I was feeling pretty good about it because I know all I have to do to get those numbers better is be more active, and I had an appointment set up for physical therapy later that day to begin working on my hip issues and then I'll be able to take more walks and get out and enjoy the summer once those issues are fixed. It was pretty upsetting to find out how many issues I had, because I thought it was a matter of just getting my SI joint 'unstuck' and I'd be on my merry way. I realize now that I was being naive and had blinders on. I want that "easy fix" once again. Yesterday I felt depressed because it seems I am moving in circles and never getting anywhere except back where I started. Maybe it was good that I just let myself feel what I was feeling so I could get up and move on today. At least we were out of ice cream so I didn't drown my sorrows in a bucket of Tin Roof Sundae! :smirk:

Today, I'm still sore, but I can walk without feeling as if a knitting needle is stabbing me in the tailbone with every step. So that's pretty awesome. I'm moving slow because I don't want to go backward. I'm going to attempt to declutter the bathroom today. I find when I'm feeling down, decluttering helps me feel better mentally.

I have my next therapy appointment tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous. But we do what we HAVE to, so we can do what we WANT to.

Today is a new day. I'm going to try to focus on the fact that my glucose is good and I am NOT prediabetic. That is a win! I'm also happy my cholesterol was good. So, watching my eating is helping with both of those. I am being proactive trying to fix what prevents me from being more active. It's all I can do right now, and it's a positive step. If I spend a few days going backwards to ultimately move forward forever, then that's what I need to do. The pain really brought me down mentally though...I was not prepared for that. But now I will be prepared and have a plan for dealing with it.

Thank you for letting me ramble. I needed to put this is writing because it helps reinforce it in my brain as I think and type.

Right now, I'm watching the Netflix Documentary called "The Magic Pill". So, tomorrow I could have totally different goals! LOL! I'm real good at jumping on the band wagon for fad diets but then hop back off just as quick. I really want to do this by following @cschmitz110515 's plan of CICO, not doing anything that is not sustainable. She has had tremendous success and I really get inspired by what she has achieved in a sensible way!

So, Just for Sunday:
    1. Make sensible choices and log every bite.
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Eight 8oz glasses of water
    4. Add whole foods to the grocery list for this week. (Think outer aisles in store)
    5. Declutter bathroom (if I can without it hurting my back)
    6. Spend time to care for myself - body, mind and spirit. Ideas: Diffuse some lavendar oil, paint my nails, listen to podcasts, find a quiet spot and read, write in my gratitude journal, take a bubble bath....
    7. Do laundry for week
    8. Pack lunch bag for tomorrow
    9. Early to bed. Unplug. Read my inspirational books and write in gratitude journal. Read novel until sleepy eyes.

Much love to you all.
    Tracie

What a great job you did of still being productive even in pain. I have never been one for the fad diets or jumping on the band wagon. I think it's because I have seen so many people have such great success with whatever diet they try and then I see the heartbreak after they quit the diet and gain it all back again with usually more added pounds.

I too follow the CICO method, it has worked for me three times in the past. I "fail" when I stop logging and stop paying attention. Even on days that I go over, I know that it was one day and that I'll just have to be more restrained the next.

The last three times I have lost weight I really pushed myself on the exercise, this time I am trying to be a little more active each day, but I am not pushing myself for 1 hour each day of hard exercise like I did in the past. Exercise at home is not as easy for me now as I don't have the space, so I have to leave the house. I don't like being away from home so I am paying closer attention to my diet this time. I have joined a gym, but haven't been there in over a month now, I have been walking and swimming and doing some mild stretching and plank exercises. I am hoping I can make these more habits than a chore that needs to be done, which is how I felt the last few times.

One thing I have completely done differently this time around is getting involved in the social aspect of MFP. I have this group and 2 others I have been following closely. I have been doing two challenges and have written a few blogs. I have found the friendship and the knowledge that we all struggle with the same issues has been a tremendous awakening to me. On the days that I don't exercise or that I overeat, I know it is only one day and not an excuse to stop altogether, which is what I have done in the past. It's because of this group and the JFT that I have been able to accept that it is ok to have a bad day, the next one can be good again.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a busy day for me. It was my daughters 40th b-day, and she was going to run in a half marathan. The race started at 7am. So I picked her up, and had planned to just walk myself until she was finished, but I ended up signing myself up for the 5k. SO I got my first medal -- first race I ever entered. I usually don't like those races because of the crowds of people, but this was fun - and it does motivate you to go faster! (I came in 161 out of 185, so at least I was not last!). Then I walked for another 90 minutes while I waited for her. The rest of the day, I was SO tired. My legs hurt, my stomach hurt. I think it was partially because of the heat, and I was literally on my feet from 7am until 10 when she was finished.

But we went out to eat for her b-day, and I had a small piece of cake, and sent the rest home with her.

THis is a new week. I had a binge nite on saturday.... kinda woke me up that I have to be more proactive to change this. Meaning .... do not have stuff in the house that can even trigger me as far as food.

I am also going to keep a written journal -- writing down where I eat, and my emotions as I am eating. I think in addition to that, and keeping up with MFP, I can try and break this habit. This will also make me become more aware of my eating patterns, and how to change them. I do great all day long .... it is the evenings that I need to make major changes.

And the June challenge! I am also going to record everyday what I did positive (or negative, but hoping for more positives!)

SO here goes for today,Monday, June 11
    1. log all food
    2. april challenge = 8+ cups of water
    3. may challenge = get outside for short 15 min walk. I skipped the gym this morning, so depending on how hot it is, I may walk more.
    4. june challenge = concentrate on mindful eating, and record it on here
    5. write in my journal what I eat, WHERE I eat it, and what my emotions were like while eating
    6. work on pc boards - help hubby
    7. finish up last border on quilt, then pin and get ready to quilt it.
    8. start more chemo hats!!
    9. get back on here - be accountable