JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Not posting goals today. We received news this morning that my husband's younger brother passed away in a motorcycle accident last night. It's been a very quiet, solemn and heartbreaking day. I'll try to hop on tomorrow and get with the program again. Tonight is just for consoling my honey. :'(<3

@Bex953172 I'm doing good on your quilt! I forgot to answer you a few days ago. it's coming right along. It is going to be the size of a twin size bed though...sure isn't a tiny baby quilt! ;)

So very sorry for your loss and my heart breaks for your DH. I would be beside myself if something happened to my little brother.

My heart goes out to you too, Mary, and for your loss, also, Bex.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    This thread needs a little bit of funny, I think, so let me tell you about my silly thing that happened today. (Possible TMI warning.)

I have been snacky and craving sweets and super tired for almost a week now. Sleeping like the dead, waking up tired and hungry and grouchy and just wanting to Eat All The Things, Especially Sweet Ones.

Which is very much unlike me, as I am a salty/savory girl all the way. I even posted about it on my mfp status because it was so weird. Most of you can probably see where this is going, but I was completely oblivious.

Then today, backache and I'm super uncomfortable at work, and finally when they ask if anyone wants to leave early, I do, because I'm just so miserable. I eat pizza for dinner, get home, and dive into the non-dairy ice cream and suddenly, bingo...Flo. I can't believe I didn't see it coming as I had EVERY symptom imaginable, but I get them so seldom that it wasn't even on my radar. Blinding moment of clarity and I had to giggle at my own obtuseness.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water :D
    2. Shop for new quilt fabric :D
    3. Celebration of life :):'(
    4. Miss C sleepover :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Drop Miss C home
    3. Work
    4. Prewash fabric
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I’m so very sorry. It must be very hard to console your partner through a shocking loss like that. Wishing you lots of strength and patience x

@Bex953172 - petition signed. It’s a really important cause and I hope you have success with it. I used to work in lobbying and wonder if you’ve met your local MP to talk about it? August is generally a quieter time in politics so if you’re up for it try and make an appt with him or her and ask if they can raise it in Parliament. They work for you so no harm in trying!

Hugs to those struggling - seems a lot of sadness at the moment. I’m thinking of you all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so sorry for your and your husbands loss, I really don't know what to say! But here for you if you need it, hope your husband gets through this x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM long run: aim for 20 laps. Feed cats. Shower. WASH HAIR. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Cross-reference assessments and standards; which standards are over- or under-assessed? What is my purpose for each unit? WRITE WEEK 4 LESSONS. Where the heck am I going with this? Make coffee.
    3. Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post. Write L8 post. Ha ha ha. *sigh* I feel so behind.
    4. Update class websites. Have key for grammar work so that K can mark it.
    5. Groceries. Laundry?
    6. Prep lunch and dinner for Saturday. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.0

JFT Sunday
    1. AM long run: Go to park; FIVE MILES. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Park. Steps to 10k if not there already. Grade moar essays. *sigh*
    3. Write L8 post. Revise Week 4 lesson plans. Create essay reflection worksheet.
    4. Dinner with B. Prep lunch for Monday. Draft blog post. Laundry? Clear table.
    5. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:30 with devices off; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week.
    3. Review semester plan. Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with correct emails; note which were returned. Reply email to parents; add contact on log and request donations.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Sunday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the mess as soon as I've made it

Challenges
    Apr: Water
    May: 15min Outside
    Jun: Mindful Eating
    Jul: Pre-logging
    Aug: Close Kitchen 9pm.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, so sorry for the loss of your brother-in-law.

@Snowflake1968, I love that quote you shared!

For everyone going through a difficult time, I hope that things improve very soon and that you can find peace and comfort in the meantime. 💕
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:
    • Take nephew out to lunch.
    • Fifteen minutes paperwork.
    • Plan/prep lunch for tomorrow.
  • szantojs
    szantojs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For today
    • Be mindful
    • Be grateful
    • Make a plan for the next week and stick to it
    • Put myself first for this week and be mindful to be successful
    • Find the beauty in something around me
    • Get plenty of rest
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Not posting goals today. We received news this morning that my husband's younger brother passed away in a motorcycle accident last night. It's been a very quiet, solemn and heartbreaking day. I'll try to hop on tomorrow and get with the program again. Tonight is just for consoling my honey. :'(<3

@Bex953172 I'm doing good on your quilt! I forgot to answer you a few days ago. it's coming right along. It is going to be the size of a twin size bed though...sure isn't a tiny baby quilt! ;)

So very sorry for your loss and my heart breaks for your DH. I would be beside myself if something happened to my little brother.

My heart goes out to you too, Mary, and for your loss, also, Bex.

I thank God my brother is still with us for now. They are going to send him to hospice. We generally know what that tends to mean.
    Thank you nickssweetheart... You're appreciated🌹
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB - I’m so very sorry. It must be very hard to console your partner through a shocking loss like that. Wishing you lots of strength and patience x

@Bex953172 - petition signed. It’s a really important cause and I hope you have success with it. I used to work in lobbying and wonder if you’ve met your local MP to talk about it? August is generally a quieter time in politics so if you’re up for it try and make an appt with him or her and ask if they can raise it in Parliament. They work for you so no harm in trying!

Hugs to those struggling - seems a lot of sadness at the moment. I’m thinking of you all x

I wouldn't even know what to say lol!
    It's not a petition I've created, someone else did but it speaks to me a lot (obviously)

It's a bit of a taboo though isn't it, when people lose babies in these circumstances so I dunno.
    I wouldn't even know what I'd say to the local MP.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day... We make the best of this day.
    We hope for a better tomorrow. We find ways to squeeze joy out of sorrow. We savor the moments of today and borrow from the drops we squeeze today and add them tomorrow...
    I love you in the moments... It gets stronger and sweeter as time goes.🌹

Thank you all💝
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. AM long run: Go to park; FIVE MILES. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Park. Steps to 10k if not there already. Grade moar essays. *sigh*
    3. Write L8 post. Revise Week 4 lesson plans. Create essay reflection worksheet.
    4. Dinner with B. Prep lunch for Monday. Draft blog post. Laundry? Clear table.
    5. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Meds. In bed by 9:30 with devices off; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Check on dentist appt. Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can repair/replace the charge cord for the iPhone 4 and retrieve the files off the iMac.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ohhhhh my god. My nice relaxed evening has turned to fixing teddy and dinosaur!
    The stupid dog had ripped open teddy's tummy and pulled out all his stuffing and chewed off the dinosaurs spikes!
    Gonna have 2 unhappy girls in the morning!

I don’t know how you keep up with three girls and a dog! When my girls were young my husband drove truck and I worked full time. The thoughts of having one more thing to take care of just exhausted me!
    Even now I don’t like the gardening my husband insists on because it’s something for me to do.
    You are such a great mom, partner, caregiver. You need to give yourself a pat on the back! I probably would have dealt with trars and thrown the stuffirs out. Your girls will appreciate it one day.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    This thread needs a little bit of funny, I think, so let me tell you about my silly thing that happened today. (Possible TMI warning.)

I have been snacky and craving sweets and super tired for almost a week now. Sleeping like the dead, waking up tired and hungry and grouchy and just wanting to Eat All The Things, Especially Sweet Ones.

Which is very much unlike me, as I am a salty/savory girl all the way. I even posted about it on my mfp status because it was so weird. Most of you can probably see where this is going, but I was completely oblivious.

Then today, backache and I'm super uncomfortable at work, and finally when they ask if anyone wants to leave early, I do, because I'm just so miserable. I eat pizza for dinner, get home, and dive into the non-dairy ice cream and suddenly, bingo...Flo. I can't believe I didn't see it coming as I had EVERY symptom imaginable, but I get them so seldom that it wasn't even on my radar. Blinding moment of clarity and I had to giggle at my own obtuseness.

Thanks for the smile!!! Sorry for your visitor. My doctor and I talked about weight loss on Thursday when I saw her. She said it’s almost impossible for women to lose weight the week leading up to their cycle. I can’t remember exactly how she worded it, but basically our colons tighten up and tries to hold onto everything at the same time I hormones go crazy trying to help us get all the nutrients we can so we eat constantly.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT - Saturday August 18
    2L of Water - 🙁I think I missed by 1L
    Calories in Green by 150 -🙂 274
    Outside 15 Minutes - I'm keeping this here, because if the smoke clears I'm doing it. I miss it! - 🙂 I mowed the lawn and tidied the yard so was able to spend quite a bit of time outside!
    Only 1 Evening Snack 🙂
    Walk - Leslie Sansone if needed to burn calories - 😕 active all day didn’t need to do anything “formal”
    Clean 🙂 still have bedroom to do but mostly done
    Laundry -🙂
    Mow lawn so hubby can stay inside 🙂
    Yoga or Pilates - 🙁 I need to make this a priority as my back is yelling at me this morning
    Write in Journal 🙂

JFT - Sunday August 19
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes - hopefully smoke stays away
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk - Leslie Sansone if needed to burn calories - probably won’t be needed, I have the Grands today
    Yoga or Pilates
    Write in Journal

I need to do something with the brands today, I have a project I want to do outside, I just don’t know if I’ll be able to do it with them or if I should find another activity.

I have decided I want to do something for my birthday this year. Yesterday I saw a sign for a Hoedown for the hungry. It’s an old fashioned barn dance. I just need to find out if any friends and family will join me for it. 😂

Today is one of my maintenance days I allow myself, I’m going to attempt to be in Green though since Friday was so bad.

Hugs to all.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I'm so so sorry for your loss! I don't know how I would handle if I lost my brother. Hold onto your husband like your lives depend on it

@maryrobinson40 I'm glad you have a bit more time with your brother. Cherish it.

Both of you are in my prayers.

So I have no idea what's wrong with me. Flo is a week late. I've been randomly nauseous. My back hurts. I've been eating like a maniac. But I just took a test and it came back negative. If I don't get a visit in a few more days I guess I'll take another test. I really don't like the nausea. It makes me feel so uncomfortable.

Idk. This weekend had been good so far but I've been really tired. I guess I've been tired for a while now actually. And it's not like I don't get enough sleep!

I am going to set a few goals though.

1. Attempt to log food
    2. Finish laundry
    3. Takes out trash
    4. Finish dishes
    5. Burgers for dinner
    6. Shower/teeth/face by 930
    7. Tech off by 1015
    8. Lights out by 11
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sunday, August 19th
    Fix a healthy lunch
    Try to walk for 45 minutes this afternoon
    Clean out one more shelf in the pantry (on going job to remove unhealthy foods from pantry)
    Try to organize the Pryrex cabinet
    Drink water