JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all. I’m still here at my moms. She’ll be discharged from rehab tomorrow and we’ll transfer her to the assisted living. She’s happy to leave rehab but she doesn’t realize that the assisted-living is a long-term arrangement, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

I’ve been trying to stay on track but it’s been difficult. I’ve been able to do my exercises in the morning but I can’t get nearly enough walking as I usually do. During the day I’m OK with my eating and drinking water but I’ve been over my calories at night especially with sweets . Not too much but probably enough to have stopped my weight loss. However I’m pleased that I haven’t gone completely overboard I still feel that I’m in control. It’s a good feeling.

My just for today’s have basically been login what I eat, drinking at least eight glasses of water, and getting a minimum of 6000 steps.

I’ll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back to the office on Thursday.

Y’all have a wonderful day and keep on truckin’.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's a bit before 8am and I'm actually awake and out of bed! I had to fight myself about climbing back into bed after I got up to use the bathroom. But I won! It's the small victories, right?

I am up for the December challenge as well! I am in control of what goes in my mouth! I did really well yesterday. I'm very proud of myself for that. I'm ready to have another day like that!

I'm going to do some food prep today. Matt put on all the weight he lost because of grief and inactivity so I need to prep as much for him as for me. We need to get back into it. I actually just had a thought. Matt is addicted to energy drinks and we are trying to find a way to ween him off of the them. He likes mint tea but never remembers to make it. I think I am going to make a big pitcher of and keep it in the fridge so all he has to do it is heat it up. What do you all think?

It is pouring out today so it looks like I am not going to go for a walk. I think I might do another yoga video though. That was a great work out and I enjoyed it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys You must've put the jewelry away! And mended the jeans? And I love how you took care of Walmart and the mystery of the missing spinach! LOL! You go, girl!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Right @mytime6630 let's get you sorted for today!

I believe you when you say your day time eating is fine. SO, if you can, save yourself around 200 calories more than you usually do for tonight.
    Then prep some snacks! Like the grapes, chopped carrot, anything really low calories but make sure you have a selection and put one "treat" in there like a couple of squares of chocolate and make a note of what the calories are for each item, put it all in a tupperware in the fridge ready for later, so when you open it, if you don't feel like grapes you can have the carrot instead. Fill your water bottle and get it in the fridge too.
    And you're prepped for the evening, you can't go wrong! The only things that youre allowed is what's in your snack box.

I love this idea! Having a mixed box of premeasured and premarked snacks to grab from. Great idea!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    JFT 11-13-18

1. Log all food
    2. Fold clothes!
    3. Dishes
    4. Yoga
    5. Decide if I want to renew my gym membership
    6. Renew Matt's benefits for next year
    7. Finish food shopping
    8. Food prep
    9. Figure out dinner
    10. Bed at a reasonable time

Wow that seems like a lot. Lol
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Good morning! I don't usually have time to do this in the morning, and really...I don't today either because I hit snooze too many times, but I need to take the time FOR ME.

Just for Tuesday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Blue Cup / 5 somethings
    3. FitBit step goal / walk / 5x up and down the flight of stairs at work / 250 steps per hour
    4. Finish benefits enrollment
    5. Work more on self-appraisal for annual eval
    6. Work on an outline for provider support next week
    7. Body / Mind / Spirit
    8. Chapter 2 of Beck's Diet Solution
    9. Unplug by 8:00 p.m. / Gratitude Journal / Inspirational readings / mystery novel
    10. Up early with NO SNOOZE!

@Faebert In the Half Sized Me community, they say maintenance is the hardest part! You're doing great!

@mytime6630 I think it was @Saragirl2 that used to list the Half Sized Me podcasts and that's when I started listening to them! Are't they insightful and upbeat? I love them...

@Snowflake1968 Love the new crafts! Very cute! They'll be great sellers!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I just got really excited because I now know that 100% that @PackerFanInGB is going to LOVE the colours and it was a complete coincidence (you were right about the instinct!)
    You'll know what I mean when you get it LOL
    I'm. Literally grinning from ear to ear, I can finally start it today!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I just got really excited because I now know that 100% that @PackerFanInGB is going to LOVE the colours and it was a complete coincidence (you were right about the instinct!)
    You'll know what I mean when you get it LOL
    I'm. Literally grinning from ear to ear, I can finally start it today!!!

Oh my gosh, now I'm at my desk grinning from ear to ear!!! And I was having a rather downer kind of morning too. :) I can't even imagine what it could be, and I can't figure out which colors you chose either because I like them both.

This message made my day. Thank you, Bex! For always being our feisty cheerleader and making me smile... :mrgreen:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Updating since I forgot something and want to keep myself accountable for it!

Just for Tuesday - UPDATED
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Blue Cup / 5 somethings
    3. FitBit step goal / walk / 5x up and down the flight of stairs at work / 250 steps per hour
    4. 5 Fruits/ Veggies
    5. Finish benefits enrollment
    6. Work more on self-appraisal for annual eval
    7. Work on an outline for provider support next week
    8. Practice patience / be kind / do not let negativity affect you / own your thoughts and feelings
    9. Body / Mind / Spirit
    10. Chapter 2 of Beck's Diet Solution
    11. Unplug by 8:00 p.m. / Gratitude Journal / Inspirational readings / mystery novel
    12. Up early with NO SNOOZE!

Have a great day, everyone!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You ladies are seriously the best. Love the way we lift each other up. I was thinking last night how I always feel like a little kid, excited to go to my favorite class or something when I log in to JFT - I know I'll be greeted by hello's and how are you's no matter what's going on in my life! Big hugs to everyone struggling, but together we have got this!

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after - more if possible, feeling so dehydrated :)
    3. Log all food :) LOL can you tell it was Monday?
    4. 15 squats/bathroom trip :)
    5. Eat packed lunch :)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)
    7. Do not take peoples BS personally :)
    8. Load of laundry :)

My energy levels have been AMAZING. I'm getting so much done after work I'm surprising myself. Been reminding myself to "do what I can today to make tomorrow easier" which I think I saw from @cschmitz110515, so thank you! It has made a huge difference in my everyday life - especially since I tend to be a procrastinator! DH showed me a picture yesterday of 1 year ago that day we were out snowboarding for the first time of the season. I remember feeling like the kid in a Christmas Story, stuffed into my snow gear, too big to bend over and strap into my board, sweating sitting on the chairlift, and winded coming down the beginner trail. I was devastated, embarrassed, and hurt. DH was sweet, didnt push it, and quietly walked back to the car with me quietly crying. I got thru the whole rest of the season that way - sucking it up for a run or two just to retire back to the car too exhausted to continue. It wasnt until April - when I realized the whole season passed me by and I got MAYBE 30 runs in total, when I usually do at least 30 DAYS total, that I decided the next season was NOT going to pass me by. So today, I'm buying our season passes and I'm excited to attack that mountain again!!!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after
    3. Grocery store lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Load of laundry - sheets/towels
    6. Buy seasons passes
    7. Call Meme
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    You ladies are seriously the best. Love the way we lift each other up. I was thinking last night how I always feel like a little kid, excited to go to my favorite class or something when I log in to JFT - I know I'll be greeted by hello's and how are you's no matter what's going on in my life! Big hugs to everyone struggling, but together we have got this!

My energy levels have been AMAZING. I'm getting so much done after work I'm surprising myself. Been reminding myself to "do what I can today to make tomorrow easier" which I think I saw from @cschmitz110515, so thank you! It has made a huge difference in my everyday life - especially since I tend to be a procrastinator!

Funny that you mention that quote b/c I was searching for something in papers at work and just ran across that one! And felt like I really needed to see that today. Too funny! Enjoy your time on the mountain!

@Snowflake1968 Love your crafts ~ you are so talented!

@Bex953172 You are such an awesome cheerleader! Love that!

@mytime6630 So proud of you for drinking the water! Hugs to you, my friend ~ you are the glue that holds JFT together.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

@mytime6630 So proud of you for drinking the water! Hugs to you, my friend ~ you are the glue that holds JFT together.

This is so true!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap M 11/12 ~ Hubby and I have day off & plan to see afternoon movie (Bohemian Rhapsody) ~ had a great time, even though I felt a little guilty being so sedentary. ;) Fitbit 11,630 steps, 250+ steps 5/14 :o & 61 floors
    1) Walk dog after posting = MapMyWalk was misbehaving after Android updates, but GPS & stopwatch worked correctly so all good / 3.79 mi 1:05:33 / happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip = think I forgot more than I remembered :#
    3) Not sure of meals, we may eat out / make wise choices / 12c water = Very late breakfast after dog walk, then movie (no snacks, only bottled water) and ate at Denny's with hubby after. Logged to best of my ability (remembering they messed up my loaded veggie omelette order & adjusted for that) ~ wow one meal was almost my daily calories! At home, made popcorn in evening & ate 2 fun size candy bars ~ must stop doing that! Net calories -169 :s , sodium & sugar green (really?), fiber & protein low :s , 10c water :/
    4) Wash sheets & fleece blanket = forgot before movie, then decided too late to start :/
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 :s messed w/ clock to preset new radio station ~ this clock is ridiculous with all the buttons! (walk dog T before work)

JFT T 11/13 ~ Forecast was correct and temp (F) with wind chill was a single digit ~ not liking the below normal temps this month, way too early... decided dog & I would take rest day. But I have workouts planned for the remaining week. :wink:
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO evening snacking / net calories green (or w/i 100) / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    4) Start final phase of GC project ~ stop procrastinating! Even if it's not much, just start!
    5) Evening to-do's: rinse/refill heated birdbath / check/refill feeders / wash dishes / recharge headlamp / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog W before work)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys You must've put the jewelry away! And mended the jeans? And I love how you took care of Walmart and the mystery of the missing spinach! LOL! You go, girl!

I did! I worked on that over the weekend. And no, I'm still working on the missing spinach. That is an ongoing issue. Like... I actually did call them last week and they said they had it in stock. But then when we went there it was the same as before! Nothing on the shelf - even though there's a spot for it and a price sticker and everything - it's this BIG EMPTY SPOT.

I'm not mad about it anymore or even annoyed. At this point I'm just absolutely MYSTIFIED! hahaha but I really want to get to the bottom of this! It's SO WEIRD.

Oh, and I also finally got a chance to look for my identity documents. They were right where they were supposed to be, in the security box! So we're ready for our cruise at the start of March. WOOHOO!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister definitely joining you on the not letting December derail me

The way I do it is I eat sensibly through out December BUT Christmas day all limits are off lol!
    That is my ultimate award, stuff my face with all the chocolate and Christmas Dinner I can lol!

I am with you, I do pretty well at avoiding all month except Christmas Day, usually Christmas Eve and Boxing Day too to be honest. I just need to stop the evening snack attacks!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75

Ok, so having thought about this, I've decided I want to be at my first goal weight, or as close to it as possible, by Christmas.

My first goal weight is 159 - that's the weight at which I'm not overweight anymore.

I was thinking that I didn't have time anymore - whilst it's only around 1 lb per week, there are going to be lots of December eating and drinking events.

And then I realised: I don't HAVE to overindulge at ANY of these events. Nobody puts food and drink in my mouth at any of them. I CHOOSE to do so.

And this year, I CHOOSE not to. I CHOOSE to not be overweight anymore.

It is NOT inevitable that I will 'end up' overindulging. Just because I often have in the past, doesn't mean I will now. As @Faebert said, we are different people from the people who got us here.

Anyone want to join me in refusing to let December derail everything? :smile:

I'm on board with you!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT Monday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after - more if possible, feeling so dehydrated :)
    3. Log all food :) LOL can you tell it was Monday?
    4. 15 squats/bathroom trip :)
    5. Eat packed lunch :)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)
    7. Do not take peoples BS personally :)
    8. Load of laundry :)

My energy levels have been AMAZING. I'm getting so much done after work I'm surprising myself. Been reminding myself to "do what I can today to make tomorrow easier" which I think I saw from @cschmitz110515, so thank you! It has made a huge difference in my everyday life - especially since I tend to be a procrastinator! DH showed me a picture yesterday of 1 year ago that day we were out snowboarding for the first time of the season. I remember feeling like the kid in a Christmas Story, stuffed into my snow gear, too big to bend over and strap into my board, sweating sitting on the chairlift, and winded coming down the beginner trail. I was devastated, embarrassed, and hurt. DH was sweet, didnt push it, and quietly walked back to the car with me quietly crying. I got thru the whole rest of the season that way - sucking it up for a run or two just to retire back to the car too exhausted to continue. It wasnt until April - when I realized the whole season passed me by and I got MAYBE 30 runs in total, when I usually do at least 30 DAYS total, that I decided the next season was NOT going to pass me by. So today, I'm buying our season passes and I'm excited to attack that mountain again!!!

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after
    3. Grocery store lunch
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Load of laundry - sheets/towels
    6. Buy seasons passes
    7. Call Meme

how awesome that you are buying season's tickets!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT- Monday November 12
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Maintenance - :)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 2/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - >:)>:)>:)>:) I need to stop this!
    Walk 1 Mile - >:) I have no energy or time right now with my crafts being in full swing
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - >:) How are people remembering this? It's so quick and easy to do, I just forget.
    Write in Journal - :/ I chose not to, but I thought about what I was grateful for
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - :/ I'm not angry at myself, but I'm not proud either

JFT- Tuesday November 13
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

I am so busy! I have read and kept caught up, but I'm seriously not having much time to respond right now. It is noon here and I am finally having a minute to sign in and say hi. I am at the office myself today and I have a shift I am struggling to fill tonight. I have about 60 ornaments with me that need painting as well. Darn work for getting in the way of my craft time!

I love this group, I love how everyone is so encouraging of others even when struggling ourselves. It is so much easier to give advice that we know works than to listen to that advice and do it though!

Going to run out and grab lunch right now then come back and get at it. Hopefully, tomorrow I have a couple more minutes to spend here.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

My energy levels have been AMAZING. I'm getting so much done after work I'm surprising myself. Been reminding myself to "do what I can today to make tomorrow easier" which I think I saw from @cschmitz110515, so thank you! It has made a huge difference in my everyday life - especially since I tend to be a procrastinator!

Funny that you mention that quote b/c I was searching for something in papers at work and just ran across that one! And felt like I really needed to see that today. Too funny! Enjoy your time on the mountain!

I felt like I needed to see that today also..."Do what I can today to make tomorrow easier"! Perfect for today. I'm in such a slump! Thanks to both @AJB1014 and @cschmitz110515 for that one!

@mytime6630 I agree ... you truly are the glue. (((HUGS)))
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Well, it's 2 pm here and so far I've done a bunch of things on my list. I even went to the gym for a while. I really fought with myself about renewing my membership but I know that if I want to get back to being serious about this whole weight loss thing I need to start actually taking care of myself. And that includes regular exercise. The gym is about a five-minute walk from the bank so I am going to start bringing my clothes with me on Monday and Wednesday for when I leave work early. That way I'm not forcing myself to get up at obscene times in the morning or getting home too late and not wanting to cook. If I walk over right after work I'll be home right around the same time as when I would normally get home.

I cleaned up the living room and did a bunch of food prep. I made about 12 wraps for the DH to eat over the coming week so that he is not going out to the convenience and buying junk. I also portioned out grapes into individual containers and single portion containers of a trail mix that we really like.

I still have to figure out dinner, do a few dishes that are in the sink and fold the clothes but I still have a whole bunch of hours left in the day to do those things. I think that I am going to have to force myself to not take a nap though. Lol.