JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I hope that your day is getting better! It is your choice whether to have a good day or not. We can't always control the circumstances we are in but we can always choose how we react to them(This little tidbit is for me as well!)
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Darn work for getting in the way! Lol. Well, I hope that it slows down enough for you to finish them all. When is your next show? Also, what is the name of your Instagram/Facebook again? I want to see some more of the ornaments.
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @AJB1014 Look at you! That's the resolve you need to get back at it! You will feel so much better on that mountain this year. You are 30lbs lighter! You will be flying down that hill like a jet plane! I can't wait to hear the stories from your first run but be careful!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Fantastic attitude on here today everyone - this group is amazing!

Thank you @slittlemeister for your post which was so true! We are in control. We can CHOOSE to be the people we want to be.

I am winning so far today. I managed to get to hot yoga with seconds to spare tonight. I have eaten mindfully all day. I worked out this morning (it took a third coffee but I did it 😂).

I may well struggle tonight and if so will come back on here. Evening snack support let’s go!! X
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I hope that your day is getting better! It is your choice whether to have a good day or not. We can't always control the circumstances we are in but we can always choose how we react to them(This little tidbit is for me as well!)

I actually AM having a good afternoon! Thanks! I didn't sleep well last night and had difficulty getting my brain to not be fuzzy today at work. Plus, when I get too little sleep I tend to get anxious over meetings that I don't feel well prepared for. So, it was just that kind of thing going today.

But you are absolutely right! I can choose how I will react to things around me, and I have been choosing the high road. I cannot control what is going to happen with my position, but I can do my best to be my best at whatever it ends up being...and I'll be grateful to have it!

(((HANNAH))) :flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75

Ok, so having thought about this, I've decided I want to be at my first goal weight, or as close to it as possible, by Christmas.

My first goal weight is 159 - that's the weight at which I'm not overweight anymore.

I was thinking that I didn't have time anymore - whilst it's only around 1 lb per week, there are going to be lots of December eating and drinking events.

And then I realised: I don't HAVE to overindulge at ANY of these events. Nobody puts food and drink in my mouth at any of them. I CHOOSE to do so.

And this year, I CHOOSE not to. I CHOOSE to not be overweight anymore.

It is NOT inevitable that I will 'end up' overindulging. Just because I often have in the past, doesn't mean I will now. As @Faebert said, we are different people from the people who got us here.

Anyone want to join me in refusing to let December derail everything? :smile:

This is SO insightful! Gosh, I'm finding the words I need to hear today all over the place on this thread today! I am with you. I CHOOSE not to let December derail me! And I CHOOSE to not be overweight anymore! I'm in!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I'm sure @maryrobinson40 will want to get in on all this love on the thread today! 🤭
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

sgn8vdk1gm9g.png
  • Faebert
    Options
    Good morning to all. I’m still here at my moms. She’ll be discharged from rehab tomorrow and we’ll transfer her to the assisted living. She’s happy to leave rehab but she doesn’t realize that the assisted-living is a long-term arrangement, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

I’ve been trying to stay on track but it’s been difficult. I’ve been able to do my exercises in the morning but I can’t get nearly enough walking as I usually do. During the day I’m OK with my eating and drinking water but I’ve been over my calories at night especially with sweets . Not too much but probably enough to have stopped my weight loss. However I’m pleased that I haven’t gone completely overboard I still feel that I’m in control. It’s a good feeling.

My just for today’s have basically been login what I eat, drinking at least eight glasses of water, and getting a minimum of 6000 steps.

I’ll have a lot of catching up to do when I get back to the office on Thursday.

Y’all have a wonderful day and keep on truckin’.

Massive well done @Sofia_Alegria for staying in control. Tough burden you are carrying right now. Hugs to you x
  • Faebert
    Options
    So I’m feeling pretty strong this evening and super inspired by the way this group has been today. Don’t feel there is an evening snack danger but I’m choosing not to watch a favourite cooking programme tonight as no need to tempt fate!

Going to go and get ready for bed and make my iced protein shake evening snack and get an early night.

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Send note on parent workshop ❎ maybe tomorrow morning??
    - Maths catchup and readers during assembly ✅
    - Home at lunchtime for car ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Early night (non negotiable, parents eve Wednesday!) ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout (I will be tired post hot yoga tonight but I very much need this to feel strong ahead of parents evening - which will also involve sitting down for three hours so not much movement!)
    - Take glass jar to work
    - Buy ice on way to work for science experiment
    - Send note on parent workshop
    - print parents eve schedule
    - Eat little and often to keep up energy and avoid biscuits!
    - Water!!!
    - Early night

Love to you all x
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Darn work for getting in the way! Lol. Well, I hope that it slows down enough for you to finish them all. When is your next show? Also, what is the name of your Instagram/Facebook again? I want to see some more of the ornaments.

I haven't found time to get anything up on the Instagram account yet, but facebook is RiverwoodCraftsYeg
    My next small show is Thursday evening. It's a 3 hour show, with a quarter auction. Each guest can bid on one of your products for a quarter, winning bid gets it and I keep the quarters. Then the door admission is 2.00 this goes towards a charity. The charity is chosen by the vendors names being put in a draw, whoever's name is drawn chooses the charity. The auction lasts for about 1 hour, the other two hours are for shopping.
    Friday night I am the instructor at a paint night. There are 7 confirmed guests and they chose the snowman with the tree, the most difficult of the three I gave them as a choice. Saturday is a big show, last year was our first time there and we were ill prepared. We sold over 300.00 worth of ornaments, but I think I could have done much better if we had more to choose from. Next weekend the 23-24-25 is also a really big show. Then I have two smaller ones before another big one. This is why I'm busy LOL
  • Bex953172
    Options
    b8o486aoohkb.jpg
    9zo261o00uw6.jpg

Here's my little biter!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 How funny is that! The universe is talking to us :D

@Snowflake1968 Its our christmas gift from my mom each year! DH and I actually first met at the mountain when we were younger and both worked there - so we're so grateful my mom gives us the opportunity to continue on with one of our passions because winter sports are SO expensive!

@HEGoddard0928 Thanks!!! The older I get the more cautious I am out there - I always wear a helmet and I even picked up short term disability insurance just in case the worst were to happen out there...that was when I had a laugh at myself that my wild child days were over. Way to go getting to the gym and making yourself a priority!!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Ahhhh Casey is always making my ovaries explode - shes SO cute and that head of hair is just too cute. Can you tell I have baby fever?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So I'm supposed to be exercising right now. But my partner wants a second dinner.. Honestly it's like feeding a bottomless pit.
    And I guess i could be cleaning in the mean time but I have serious case of CBA.
    And I'm posting this now so you all know and I have to work out lol!
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    @Bex953172 Go workout!! Get your butt in gear!

@AJB1014 She makes my ovaries want to explode too!
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Bex953172 - go work out! You will feel so proud of yourself afterwards. Come back and tell us when you’re done.

And jeez, Casey is just gorgeous! X
  • Faebert
    Options
    I’m having my protein shake and going to bed. Not eating or drinking anything else and not going to call or text bf because that will keep me awake. Logging here for accountability too! X
  • HEGoddard0928
    Options
    Have a great sleep @Faebert "See" you in the morning!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Faebert

It's just occurred to me that you're maintaining, and you lost (did you say 50lbs?)
    Do you have before and afters?

You don't have to post if you don't want to but you could show us all that it can be done!