JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    I did the work out!
    I was originally going to do just 30 minutes but I did 45 for all the faffing around before hand LOL. I'm glad for it though!

Man am I out of shape.
    I did a relatively easy dance cardio, one that I frequently do but my form was not as good as it could have been.

And it just occurred to me when I was thinking if there was any other time I could work out. And the answer seemed so obvious...
    I walk to school with the children, and I walk back home without them.. So barring Mon and Tues because I have the pram, I could actually put some gym gear on and jog home and then again when I go to collect them! Why didn't I think of this before!

Also because we've moved the furniture in the lounge I had to put the pad on top of the rabbits cage which is just below the mirror.
    My stomach I know is flabby but I know how to tone that when I get rid of the flab around it.
    But my arms!!
    I have batwings like I'm trying to take off!!

So my question is, is that just tricep work?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Tues.
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise✔️
    - November Challenge✔️
    - Tidy the house🙄
    - Put away laundry😐

• Bex953172
    Options
    Okay im going to bed!
    Night all!

@mytime6630 I'm gonna kick your butt for not posting so far today! I hope you saw my previous post!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay im going to bed!
    Night all!

@mytime6630 I'm gonna kick your butt for not posting so far today! I hope you saw my previous post!

Hi Bex ... you are probably in bed now!! I have been so swamped all day .... but briefly looked through all the posts! You are the best diet coach .... thank you so much!!! I'll write more soon (which I guess you will see tomorrow morning? Are you 6+ hrs ahead of us?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. No run. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Parent calls about missing work. Draft week 17. PUT PROGRESS REPORTS ON BOARD. Grade & input Halloween responses. WRITE DISCUSSION POST. Review project.
    3. Class 2-3: AP lesson 27; finish paraphrases if needed. Grammar work? Reflection 40. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 40. Article comparison. WM ch 5. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Mark assembly days 11-27 and 12-14.
    6. Write discussion responses. Quiz? Find ornaments.
    7. Email conference to make sure Z has the early rate. See if biometric data is on insurance site. Add if needed.
    8. Prep Wed lunch - BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Wednesday
    1. No run. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives! MEETING BEFORE SCHOOL!
    2. Finish Week 17. Input classwork grades. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28 and 3/1. Dr appts March? April? DUMP MACARONI AND TAKE CONTAINERS HOME.
    3. Class 2-3: Get cart; have students begin project. Add to classroom. Reflection 41. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Students who finish early should organize/alphabetize classwork sets. HAND OUT PRS.
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 41. Review articles. Create comparison. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! WM ch 6. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Brainstorm Malala. Discussion response 2.
    6. Begin project.
    7. Groceries. Work on blog post.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    4. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs, cookbook.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Oh Happy Day! That's my take on it... That's my story and I'm sticking with it😀
    Missed you ladies today. I was out the entire day.
    One thing for sure.. We all keep having the same issues with our
    typed posts disappearing. I wonder if our back messages need to be deleted to clear
    out our junk files, or our cache needs to be cleaned? I don't know.
    I was thinking about going back to the beginning and writing down key
    notes concerning each of our conversations, and then deleting messages to see if that
    would fix the problem. ...
    Anyway.
    My JFT consisted of taking grandson to the dentist, then to school, then Jessica
    to the doctor to have a minor procedure done, then, took her home... Tomorrow
    is her 28th birthday. Then it was on to my ex husband's job to pick him up from work,
    since I was using his car. Dropped him off at his apartment, took middle daughter to the
    bank, went to McDonald's for a cheeseburger happy meal for my grandson, went and picked him up from the
    bus stop and took him to his grandpa's apartment, he gave me "sugars" (kisses), before
    he got out. Then it was home for me.

Tomorrow will consist of me going to the doxtor. So to be continued tomorrow.
    Love you all. Good night.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Had a great day today! Went to the gym even though I really didnt want to but I actually felt really good today. The DH and I walked to the end of the driveway and back twice which is roughly a mile total. We had one of my favorite dinners that I always seem to indulge with but I slowed down and savored every bite. I realized that I was full when I finished my bowl and didnt go back for seconds(DH ate them anyway Lol). I had about a half of a cup of frozen grapes and a just had a single serving of trail mix. I'm sitting in bed getting ready to do my shut down for the night.

There were a couple of things that I put off until tomorrow that I really need to get done. Tomorrow is the last day of my little mini vacation so I need to get my butt in gear...all though...I only have two days of work before the weekend hits. Lol.

I am about to brush my teeth and do my language lesson. Then the night will be done and hopefully, I will be drifting off to dreamland quickly. Lol
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 - yes!!! Well done for doing the workout!! Especially at the end of a long day that’s awesome. Re bat wings - triceps work would be good. Try doing dips at home. Hands on a chair or sofa behind you, knees bent and use your arm strength to lower your bum up and down. Try and hold in your core while doing it. Press ups and (if you have some dumbbells) triceps extensions also brilliant for arms.

It’s fab you’ve come up with a way to get extra activity on the school run. Doing something outside during the daylight should be great for the endorphins too!

@HEGoddard0928 - well done for going to the gym when you didn’t want to. And for all that driveway walking.

Smashing it ladies!!
  • Faebert
    Options
    58at7lkey7o8.jpeg

ujl9cn1e4rc3.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Options
    Before and after @Bex953172. At that wedding I was in very early stages of pregnancy with my younger daughter so I actually got much bigger. After shot is this summer and I’m up maybe 2lbs from that weight now.

Lost most of the weight a couple of years ago, maintained then got more into exercise and dropped a bit more to where I am now. X
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2018
    Options

@slittlemeister --- I love your analysis about December, and derailing. You are so so right .... it is a choice. I am so upset even to see those 200s again ... I was 10 pounds from being out of the "overweight" range ... now I am 26 pounds away! So yes, I will definitely also join you in not derailing over the holidays.

@Bex953172 -- thank you so very much for being my diet coach!! You are the best!! You are so very right .... Eating does not even help my emotions, so why do it! I love the idea of putting my snacks in a tupperware container ... that way I can only eat what's in there! But last nite, having my glass of water next to me did help. Even though I felt hungry, I know it was emotions, and the grapes helped. So tonite ... hubby wanted popcorn, so I had just one bowl ... and now I am sipping on more water! and OMG -- Casey is adorable!!!!! I love all the dark, thick hair!! What a precious little girl! And ..... . great job getting in that excercise!!

And @Bex --- I notice your scale moved!!! Great job!! So proud of you!

@MLS1582 -- you are so right, the most important thing is to get right back up! Great job.

@ABJ1014 -- I am SO happy you are getting season passes for the snowboarding!! Thats the way to live life ... get out and enjoy it! I used to love to ski ... I was never very good, but loved it. Now, I don't think I would try again ..... I just watch it on TV! I can't wait to hear about your season!

@clicketykeys -- did I miss something about missing spinach??? LOL

@Snowflake1968 -- you sound very busy with your crafts! I always love going to craft fairs (I am going to one on saturday). But everytime I go, it reminds me of when my husband and I always exhibited at the Consumer Electronics show ... people all love to come ... but for the vendors/exhibitors, it is exhausting! Lots of work go into doing these shows ... but I know you will sell lots of stuff ... its all beautiful! You are so talented.

@Faebert --- first, congratulations on losing 50#!! That is awesome!! And you are so right, maintenance is just as hard, if not harder, than losing weight. It truly is a lifestyle change. Thank you for being part of this group.... your encouragement to all of us is wonderful, and you (and @cschmitz!) are an inspiration that it can be done!

There are many to respond I'd love to respond to, but right now, I can hear my daughter sobbing in the bedroom .... so I need to go and see if I can talk to her. I wish the doctor could increase her depression meds, but this doctor does not want to do that for fear of her doing something impulsive. So its been very hard. My daughter and I ran to the store tonite to get her out, but she spends most of her day in her apartment alone. And for her, the holidays are especially hard .... so I have to be OK when she is around. I think that is why I eat, to hide my own emotions so she does not see how I really feel ... which is very helpless. I guess I remember how things used to be ... and that will no longer be. But .... I do have a lot to be grateful for, and you guys are among those things.
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    58at7lkey7o8.jpeg

ujl9cn1e4rc3.jpeg

OMG --- you look AMAZING!!!!!!!! So very very proud of you!! WOW --- all your hard work, I know you will never go back to where you were. Thank you for sharing the pictures! And you are so toned and muscular ... you must also work out a lot! I go to the gym almost 5x a week, but I do mostly cardio. Everyone has been telling me to do more weights ..... something I need to be doing. You should be so very very proud!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Had a great day today! Went to the gym even though I really didnt want to but I actually felt really good today.

Great job!!! Going to the gym is easy when we want to, but to go when we don't feel like going to great - especially when you see how great you feel once you are home!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Oh Happy Day! That's my take on it... That's my story and I'm sticking with it😀
    Missed you ladies today. I was out the entire day.
    One thing for sure.. We all keep having the same issues with our
    typed posts disappearing. I wonder if our back messages need to be deleted to clear
    out our junk files, or our cache needs to be cleaned? I don't know.
    I was thinking about going back to the beginning and writing down key
    notes concerning each of our conversations, and then deleting messages to see if that
    would fix the problem. ...
    Anyway.
    My JFT consisted of taking grandson to the dentist, then to school, then Jessica
    to the doctor to have a minor procedure done, then, took her home... Tomorrow
    is her 28th birthday. Then it was on to my ex husband's job to pick him up from work,
    since I was using his car. Dropped him off at his apartment, took middle daughter to the
    bank, went to McDonald's for a cheeseburger happy meal for my grandson, went and picked him up from the
    bus stop and took him to his grandpa's apartment, he gave me "sugars" (kisses), before
    he got out. Then it was home for me.

Tomorrow will consist of me going to the doxtor. So to be continued tomorrow.
    Love you all. Good night.

Sounds like you have had a very busy day! Remember to take care of you!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    07vlvc59f8at.png
  • Faebert
    Options
    @mytime6630 thank you. And huge sympathy to you for the tough times. You do such an amazing job for your daughter. And I totally get that need to eat privately so you can comfort yourself after staying strong for her.

Not the same but my weight loss happened mostly before my ex left when the kids were 2 and 4 and I had to hide my feelings from them - still do sometimes!

But what helped me was recognising that overeating would only make the sadness worse. If I stay on track I might still be sad, but I won’t feel worse, and usually feel empowered by making good decisions. You might even feel more able to support her if you are feeling good about yourself. It’s still tough and I still slip but overall I can see that I bounce back quicker and that’s the lifestyle change. Definitely NOT perfect, but improving.

Whenever you’re down we are here to support you x
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @mytime6630 thank you. And huge sympathy to you for the tough times. You do such an amazing job for your daughter. And I totally get that need to eat privately so you can comfort yourself after staying strong for her.

Not the same but my weight loss happened mostly before my ex left when the kids were 2 and 4 and I had to hide my feelings from them - still do sometimes!

But what helped me was recognising that overeating would only make the sadness worse. If I stay on track I might still be sad, but I won’t feel worse, and usually feel empowered by making good decisions. You might even feel more able to support her if you are feeling good about yourself. It’s still tough and I still slip but overall I can see that I bounce back quicker and that’s the lifestyle change. Definitely NOT perfect, but improving.

Whenever you’re down we are here to support you x

Thank you so much, and you are so so right. When I eat better, I feel stronger, and I can talk to her, and try and lift her up. Eating only adds to the helpless and out of control feeling ... because not only do I feel helpless for her, but I feel helpless for myself as well -- you know, out of control. So many people have been through tough times ... tougher by far that what I go through ... that is part of life. I am so sorry for what you had to go through ... raising a 2 and 4 year old alone had to be very difficult. We are here for you as well ..... to keep you from ever gaining back what you had loss. You really do look absolutely amazing! I hope you ex is jealous!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    ........ I am on my FIFTH glass of water tonite!!!!!!! NO MORE SNACKS!!!
  • Faebert
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    ........ I am on my FIFTH glass of water tonite!!!!!!! NO MORE SNACKS!!!

Brilliant! One decision at a time. And you’ve posted it so you can’t go back on it ;)

Hope you get a great night’s sleep and wake up feeling proud of yourself and ready for another good day. X