Last DV weight: 341 lbs.
    11/14/2018 weight: 335 lbs.
    Sugar levels: better by 3 points.
    BP: High
    Cholesterol: High
    Stress: High
    There will be a 3wk. BP check, but doc. upped my med dose to 50 mg. of
    Metoporol. She also refused to give me a knee shot. Referring me
    to Orthopedic, a Gynecologist, for Pap and cycle, and a colon screening.
    Thanks for the love ladies.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Wow, yesterday was busy on here! As a side note, my cat is currently trying to sneak his way onto my lap for cuddles even though I have my laptop on it. :smile: Sorry Panda, no can do! Lol.

So yesterday was a good day! I went to the gym for like an hour. 20 minutes on an elliptical and then another 40 doing weights. I dont know how long it's been since I did any kind of weight training consistently. Never maybe. Lol. But I finally folded the clothes that were sitting in the bag on the floor and realized that I need to buy more hangers. Lol.

We went out to dinner at Applebee's last night but I ate sensibly and recorded everything. I stayed away from the deserts even though the molten lava chocolate cake was looking mighty fine. Lol. And I managed to stay in the green. The exercise helped. Lol

Now I'm up early to go back to work. Kind of makes me sad but oh well. I have two days of work and then I am off again for the weekend. That's not too shabby. It's just going to be weird trying to get back into the swing of things. I'm a little afraid to see what my emails look like. I'm also going over D's house tonight. I haven't seen her in a few weeks and we miss each other. Lol. I'm probably not going to stay all evening but a few hours will be nice.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I will try to pop in on my lunch break.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT 11-14-18

1. Log all food😀
    2. Pay bills😀
    3. FOLD CLOTHES GOSH DARNIT!😀
    4. Keep up with the dishes😂There's still a handful in the sink
    5. Figure out what I want to make for Thanksgiving dinner 😑
    6. Sign up for benefits for next year!😑
    7. Give Mom rent check😀
    8. Food shopping😑
    9. Figure out dinner😀
    10. Bed at a reasonable time😀[/quote]

JFT 11-15-18
    1. Log all food
    2. Work 815-515
    3. Bring lunch
    4. Go over benefits with DH
    5. Eat sensibly at D's
    6. Home by 830
    7. Bed by 1015
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    JFT
    water 6 to 8 glasses
    track food
    grocery shopping
    get a nap in before work tonight
    prepare lunches for the week. (basically prefrying ground chicken and make rice and freeze into single portions. All thats left is to cut up veggies and make a snack for work which only takes ten minutes.)

tomorrow
    water
    track food
    rest from exercise.

I recently went back to the gym and discovered squash courts behind the pool. Squash involves hitting a ball against the wall and running back and forth. Talk about feeling the burn :p
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. No run. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives! MEETING BEFORE SCHOOL!
    2. Finish Week 17. Input classwork grades. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28 and 3/1. Dr appts March? April? DUMP MACARONI AND TAKE CONTAINERS HOME.
    3. Class 2-3: Get cart; have students begin project. Add to classroom. Reflection 41. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Students who finish early should organize/alphabetize classwork sets. HAND OUT PRS.
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 41. Review articles. Create comparison. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! WM ch 6. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Brainstorm Malala. Discussion response 2.
    6. Begin project.
    7. Groceries. Work on blog post.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Thursday
    1. No run. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives!
    2. Check standards on week 17. Check on PDFs for directions. PARENT CALLS ABOUT MISSING WORK. Check with DK about conference. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. Get sub for 2/28 and 3/1. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April?DUMP MACARONI AND TAKE CONTAINERS HOME.
    3. Class 2-3: AP lesson 29; continue with carts if available. Grammar work? Reflection 42. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Note: All late work by 11/30.
    4. Class 4: Pronouns practice. Reflection 42. Chapter 7 WM. Update class websites. Grade poetry projects? Save for after break: Review articles. Create comparison. NEED MORE SCAFFOLDING! WM ch 6. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay. Draft discussion post for W2. Draft project for W2.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Meet with M after school about KW.
    7. Get shrimp on the way home. Get flu shot.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    4. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs, cookbook.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Three waters before noon - another 3 after :)
    3. Mini meal plan :)
    4. Grocery store - lunch, dinner, small list :)
    5. Laundry! >:)
    6. 10 minutes meditation/core work >:) Does watching Grace and Frankie and laughing hysterically count?
    7. 15 somethings/bathroom trip >:)
    8. Confirm wood delivery :| Still waiting on call back
    9. Get stove parts on order :| still waiting on call back

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Three waters x 2
    3. 10 Lunges/bathroom trip
    4. LAUNDRY
    5. Follow up on stove parts
    6. Follow up on wood delivery
    7. Cook dinner at home
    8. Eat packed lunch
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,146 Member
    What a day!
    Walked to school and jogged back. Everything from the waist down aches lol so I must be doing something right!

Me and my partner then went to the tip to get rid of some excess rubbish. Although he has to pull over so I could throw up LOL!
    Got a damn tablet stuck in my throat!
    My thyroxine is a small little white tablet and my antidepressant is a capsule. I think it was the capsule because it burnt like hell and they expand with moisture as they break down.
    Anyway felt better after that!

I then had a nap in the car whilst he drove back to our hometown to do the food shopping. Done all that now and now I'm just having a soup.
    May or May not do a work out later. I think I might. I'm sore but I reckon I can do it.

Pretty busy day! Got half my water in so far.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,596 Member
    Recap W 11/14 ~ Local weatherman called current temps "January-like" ~ ugh. So night before I organized my winter walking layers (forgot about socks but no problem there) and set alarm for early walk. When we left house at 6 a.m. temp with wind chill (wind almost nil) was 4(F) and by 1st mile I was toasty warm. :D
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.58 mi 1:04:37 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,099 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (webinar) & 37 floors :smiley:
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip ~ really liking this challenge, as long as I remember to do = :smiley: think so!
    4) Food is a bit of a crapshoot today: food day in office for boss-lady's bday, I brought leftovers from home for lunch during noon webinar & after work, meeting former colleagues for drinks & dinner at new place. I looked at website last night, not really sure what will be available / make wise choices / enjoy 1 adult beverage with friends. Shooting for net calories green... we'll see. And 12c water. = ACK! Horrible day food-wise. >:) Didn't eat my leftovers for lunch b/c boss-lady showed up late (with no explanation to the peons like me), so I ate my hard boiled egg & banana to tide me over & ended up eating potluck for lunch at 11:30. Then with friends, tried a hard cider (good) & cajun chicken flatbread (yum). Guesstimated for food log. Once home, still feeling hungry and I ate some chocolate chip gelato. Then I opened mega-bag of peanut M&Ms! :s Logged best I could. Net calories -531 :s , sodium green (really?), sugar -82 >:) , fiber good, protein WAY low (that explains my munchies but not my rotten choices :p ) & 14c water (yay).
    5) Evening to-do's? = Way lazy, only put away the clean dishes in dish racks & read thru mail pile :#
    6) Unplug 9:00 REALLY :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set early alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: in bed before 10, felt so tired (walk dog Th before work)

JFT R 11/15
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.64 mi 1:05:19 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / NO snacking after supper / net calories green
    5) Evening: choir 6:30 / multi-task while watching Packers game / move planters / water house plants / other?
    6) Floss / retainers / set alarm for 6:00, bed & TV off w/i 30 min. of end of game (x-train before work F)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @mytime6630 - Still working on the spinach. Went grocery shopping last night, but there's a new Publix, so we went there instead of to Walmart. There's one on the way home from school and I'm going to stop there today. We'll see if it follows the same pattern... hahaha!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I have to ask, what are canna bulbs and why do you need to take them out?
    I'm not green fingered at all and know nothing about gardening. I managed to kill 2 cactuses LOL. They don't even need watering and I killed them!

See the tall flowers... with the red flowers on top. Those are cannas. They are like a tropical plant though, so they cannot take freezing temperatures .. or the bulbs rot. So I have to dig them up, let them dry, and store in a cold place over the winter. This picture was taken the first week of November ... now we have snow on the ground, and temps that are 22 degrees!!

I have like 5 large clumps of these planted, plus I planted 4 large areas in our elderly neighbors yards ... so tons of work digging these things up, but so worth it!

kua6qpgbodid.jpg

0kpizzrgrtoj.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Howdy Sisters.
    Busy Day yesterday.
    Here is my health update.
    Last DV weight: 341 lbs.
    11/14/2018 weight: 335 lbs.
    Sugar levels: better by 3 points.
    BP: High
    Cholesterol: High
    Stress: High
    There will be a 3wk. BP check, but doc. upped my med dose to 50 mg. of
    Metoporol. She also refused to give me a knee shot. Referring me
    to Orthopedic, a Gynecologist, for Pap and cycle, and a colon screening.
    Thanks for the love ladies.

You are doing a GREAT job.... one day at a time. Keep going!!
  • mytime6630
    Little bit of advice for everyone...even if your Dr requests a test or screening that’s supposedly “covered” by your insurance, call them and check directly. My Cologuard test was denied even after an appeal and I’m stuck with a $649 bill. I’ve created a GoFundMe page because I just don’t have it. The whole thing makes me angry.
    Jessica

Yes, I've also learned the hard way to check ahead. So sorry this happened. But happy to see you back.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,915 Member
    JFT- Wednesday November 14
    2L of Water - 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - 80
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 1/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :/ I should just take this off for this week, I do not have the hours in the day I need
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - :/
    Write in Journal - :/
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - :)

JFT- Thursday November 15
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

I stayed up until midnight last night painting. I managed to get about 75 ornaments painted yesterday. I have to felt and loop them at work today. I hate being this behind!

I am quite happy that I'm not snacking my way through this.

Everyone is doing so well! I can't wait until I have a few more minutes to spare to get back here!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hooray! Parents evenings are done now so that’s two consecutive 12 hour days done and dusted. I slept so badly last night I really had to force myself to work out this morning but I did it so am feeling happy. Must must get some sleep tonight!

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Planning time (print assessment papers) ✅
    - Flu consent form ✅
    - Firm up school trip and send letter ✅
    - Plan meal to cook for bf this weekend ✅
    - Parents eve: water and sensible spread out cals ✅
    - Early night again! 🤞🏼

Friday goals
    - morning workout? ( need a rest but also trying to bank cals for the weekend!)
    - See Head re appraisal reschedule
    - Book train tix for 22nd
    - locate string and finish pulley toys
    - Home at lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Pick up P from play date
    - Girls pack for weekend with ex
    - Rest!

Some great scale and non-scale victories on here in the last couple of days! Keep trucking everyone! X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Eugh being so lazy tonight, need to get up and get cleaning!!

For some reason when I post here I then get up and do it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday

6. 10 minutes meditation/core work >:)Does watching Grace and Frankie and laughing hysterically count?

Oh I hope so! Because I LOVE that show!! LMAO!
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 - Still working on the spinach. Went grocery shopping last night, but there's a new Publix, so we went there instead of to Walmart. There's one on the way home from school and I'm going to stop there today. We'll see if it follows the same pattern... hahaha!

Ha! Hopefully they don't just SAY they have it like Walmart, and then you get there and there's an empty spot with a tag where it should be again! You'll have to find a THIRD store and then a FOURTH, and eventually they will all put your picture up in their employee breakrooms to warn their staff to watch out for the "Angry Spinach Lady"... :mrgreen:

Good luck!

• PackerFanInGB
    Just for Wednesday:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Choose food mindfully :)
    3. WATER :( Not as much as I had hoped.
    4. Body :)Walked & danced and jumped around and clapped and hooted and hollered at concert! / Mind :smile: See same as Body/ Spirit :) TSO concert
    5. Chapter 4 of Beck's Diet Solution :)
    6. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :( I was way to hopped up to settle down and do domestic stuff when I got home!
    7. Normal evening routine (Gratitude journal :) / Dodie O :) / Simple Abundance :) / Read :) / bed by 10:30 :)

I had a fantastic time last night! Oh my goodness, they are so amazing! It was nothing like what my husband expected though. He expected an actual "orchestra" but it is much more like a rock show with lights, lasers, dancing, guitarists throwing their hair around, violinists and they had 8 local string players up on the stage as back up musicians. Really cool. My hands are swollen from clapping so hard and jumping up and down.

But today, its back to reality. We have family drama going on and I am trying very hard to stay focused at work and not let the tears come. It's a long story but has to do with why our granddaughter has lived with us for the last four years. Things kind of got awkward and came to a head today and I'm heartbroken. I feel like I have to choose between my DH, my GD and my D. And I cannot...and I will not. So, although everyone else has dug in their heels, are too stubborn to try to patch things up, and so they don't feel anything but anger about it all, I feel like I'm in the middle because I love them all and just want to fix it. But I can't. I just hope that things work out eventually. I fear this will probably be the first year I don't spend the holidays with all of my kids, and that breaks my heart. But I won't let on I'm hurting because it's not fair to the rest to have "Mom" be sad during the holidays, right?

(Sorry for whining AGAIN...someone needs to just slap me.)

Moving on....

Just for Thursday
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Red glass / 5 somethings
    3. Walk
    4. Body / Mind / Spirit
    5. Beck's Diet Solution - Chapter 5
    6. Be unplugged before Packer game tonight, and be prepped for tomorrow too, so I can sit and watch without distraction
    7. Serenity Prayer - say it, remember it and try to live it. Accept or Change...and know the difference!
    8. Be patient try to turn negatives to positives - try to remember I choose my reactions, so I need to own them!
    9. Gratitude Journal / Dodie O. & Joyce podcast / Simple Abundance / read something for fun

• mytime6630

But today, its back to reality. We have family drama going on and I am trying very hard to stay focused at work and not let the tears come.

(Sorry for whining AGAIN...someone needs to just slap me.)

No slap here ... just massive hugs. I understand all too well. I am so glad you and your hubby had a nice time last nite though ... you need to do more things like that, and get away from the drama. But hugs to you dear friend <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    @mytime6630 <3 (((Joan)))