JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    edited November 2018
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Morning all!

Done the school run! Well walk..
    I let my eldest take her scooter today seeing as it was just her and me.
    It was a nightmare, took her a good 5 minutes to get the balance on it on the pavements. But she did okay but it was so slow with it mostly being uphill so she was a little late.
    And then I had to walk home with the damn thing. But.. I had a brilliant idea and I scootered home myself! :lol: I've not been on a scooter for years! And I still got it LOL.

So even though I said we might not be able to scooter again I think I will let her and leave early. Just so i can have a go hahaha

I have not been on a scooter in years!!! I would probably break a leg! LOL!!! But thats something you can do everyday now ... I can just see you riding down the street in your scooter!
    I am also so thankful for you guys. Who would have ever thought we could all become such good friends ... and I think we have all known each other going on 3 years??? Or 2? Can't even remember!
    And you are so right ... I need to find other ways other than food. Last nite I did great again ... I think keeping that glass of water next to me all nite helps. Whenever I want to go and grab something, I gulp down a glass of water. Of course, I think I was up 5 times last nite though!! And I say the serenity prayer .... I need to accept fully things I cannot control... and control what I can (like what I eat!)
    Enjoy your day! <3
  • mytime6630
    Hi Guys, I just found this group and I am just starting on my weight loss journey. I am 17 years old and 315lbs I am 5'11" and I am really afraid. My goal for today is to go out and walk for an hour. I also want to drink 3L of water. I could use all the support that I can get. Thanks so much!!!!

You can do it!! We are all here for you! I am also 5'11"
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Hi Guys, I just found this group and I am just starting on my weight loss journey. I am 17 years old and 315lbs I am 5'11" and I am really afraid. My goal for today is to go out and walk for an hour. I also want to drink 3L of water. I could use all the support that I can get. Thanks so much!!!!

Well you've come to the right place!
    There's no judgements here and nothing but support!
    Just one day at a time.
    We post our goals in the morning (or the night before for the next day - whatever suits you) and then we update later o. What we did or didn't achieve.
    It will help keep you accountable, and if you're struggling with something in particular I'm sure one of us would have the answer!

Eat less, move more. Simple. But not necessarily easy.
    So do you have any goals or short term goals?
    What's your ideal weight and if you don't mind me asking what's happened for you to get to the weight you are now.
    We all have our own backstory. I'm the size I am now because I had three pregnancies back to back.

I'm 26, so if you join I'll no longer be the "baby" of the group!

Don't be afraid, you will get there!
  • Bex953172
    mytime6630 wrote: »

You can do it!! We are all here for you! I am also 5'11"

Are you really lol!
    That sounds really tall lol! Im 5'7!
  • Bex953172
    Funny how almost everything can go with salad.
    Everyone else has just had sausage and Mash and I've had sausage salad!
    Was very yummy!

Can't believe how good today has been. I am starting to feel tired though! But if I push through this next hour I'll liven up a bit.
    Going to get a protein shake from the shop later I think.

Think I might even do another workout even though I've got 300cals left.
    Hows everyone else doing? X
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Was very yummy!

Can't believe how good today has been. I am starting to feel tired though! But if I push through this next hour I'll liven up a bit.

Nice job! You seem to be finding your stride again these last few days! If mashed potatoes are around I usually cant help myself lol - DH had some with his lunch yesterday and I stole some! I started making a yummy evening protein shake dessert after @Faebert mentioned she enjoyed one in the evenings. Mine is just vanilla protein powder, almond milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon jelly and a 1/4 cup berries - PB&J Protein shake!

I just went to the grocery store on my lunch break and got a haul to make the following for the rest of the week
    Tonight: Korean Beef bowls with broccoli
    Tomorrow: Teryaki chicken and Asian chopped salad
    Friday: Freindsgiving
    Saturday: Zuppa toscana for dinner and BLT's for lunch
    Sunday: Baked chicken with veg and potato and leftover soup for lunch

Cant believe next week is Thanksgiving here in the states! I'm trying to be good until then so I can enjoy a guilt free day!
  • Bex953172
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Was very yummy!

Nice job! You seem to be finding your stride again these last few days! If mashed potatoes are around I usually cant help myself lol - DH had some with his lunch yesterday and I stole some! I started making a yummy evening protein shake dessert after @Faebert mentioned she enjoyed one in the evenings. Mine is just vanilla protein powder, almond milk, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, 1 tablespoon jelly and a 1/4 cup berries - PB&J Protein shake!

I just went to the grocery store on my lunch break and got a haul to make the following for the rest of the week
    Tonight: Korean Beef bowls with broccoli
    Tomorrow: Teryaki chicken and Asian chopped salad
    Friday: Freindsgiving
    Saturday: Zuppa toscana for dinner and BLT's for lunch
    Sunday: Baked chicken with veg and potato and leftover soup for lunch

Cant believe next week is Thanksgiving here in the states! I'm trying to be good until then so I can enjoy a guilt free day!

Oo that does sound good.
    We have a Nutella flavoured protein powder in the cupboard but not sure if it's still alright. Been open quite a while!
    I normally just mix mine with water!

Although when I worked in the gym I had to make protein shakes for customerd and that was always a selection of frozen fruits (banana, strawberry, raspberry, mango, pineapple, kiwi, cherry and blueberry) water/milk with strawberry/vanilla protein powder.
    My favouritve was the breakfast smoothie, it was frozen banana, milk, honey, granola and strawberry/vanilla/chocolate powder.
  • mytime6630
    Was very yummy!

Great job Bex!! They say success brings success ... one good days leads to another good day!! Keep it up!!

Can you believe, I just got in from outside ... digging up canna bulbs!! And it is 22 degrees, with forecasts of 5-8" of SNOW!! I am SO far behind on yardwork. I just hope all the cannas didn't already freeze!

and yes, I am 5'11" -- with shoes on, I can be over 6'!! I used to hate being tall, now I don't mind. Hubby is 6'3", so thats why our kids are very tall. Our son is almost 6'5", and daughter is 5'9". We have tall genes!
  • Bex953172
    Was very yummy!

Great job Bex!! They say success brings success ... one good days leads to another good day!! Keep it up!!

Can you believe, I just got in from outside ... digging up canna bulbs!! And it is 22 degrees, with forecasts of 5-8" of SNOW!! I am SO far behind on yardwork. I just hope all the cannas didn't already freeze!

and yes, I am 5'11" -- with shoes on, I can be over 6'!! I used to hate being tall, now I don't mind. Hubby is 6'3", so thats why our kids are very tall. Our son is almost 6'5", and daughter is 5'9". We have tall genes!

Haha makes me wonder how big my girls will be at full size.
    I still think marley will be the smallest as she was born small and has always remained quite small up to now.
    Casey was the heaviest baby and already fits in year 1 tops! But I will have to wait and see!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Before and after @Bex953172. At that wedding I was in very early stages of pregnancy with my younger daughter so I actually got much bigger. After shot is this summer and I’m up maybe 2lbs from that weight now.

Lost most of the weight a couple of years ago, maintained then got more into exercise and dropped a bit more to where I am now. X

HOLY *kitten*@! You look amazing!!!! I cannot even IMAGINE myself ever being as toned as you are! Well done! Thank you for sharing and YOU GO GIRL!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all at JFT!
    I haven't been making this a priority and I need to get back into the habit of posting.

Pretrack my food today & keep protein high.
    Walk dog.
    Plan pasta dish from Mediterranean cookbook.
    Drink 8-10 cups of water.
    Meditate.
    Try not to snack when stressed out.
    Set timer for tedious chores.
    Self care.
    Evening walk with dog.
    Early bedtime 10pm

Made a quinoa breakfast bowl this am (recipe on Cookie&Kate) & it was excellent! Curious to see how long I stay full??

@Saragirl2 !!!!! HELLO!!! Oh my goodness, I have missed you! I'm glad to see you are doing well! I was just thinking and talking about you. I joined the Half-Sized Me Community and love it, and I have you to thank! :smile:

Big hugs! :flowerforyou:
  • PackerFanInGB

Welcome!!! Come back as often as you want or need! We are here every day, taking things one day at a time! (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited November 2018
    Just for Tuesday
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. Blue Cup / 5 somethings :)>:)Can't seem to remember to do the 5 somethings!
    3. FitBit step goal :) / walk >:) / 5x up and down the flight of stairs at work :) / 250 steps per hour ;)8/12 hours
    4. Finish benefits enrollment :)
    5. Work more on self-appraisal for annual eval :)
    6. Work on an outline for provider support next week :)
    7. Body :) / Mind :) / Spirit :)
    8. Chapter 2 of Beck's Diet Solution :)Middle of Chapter 4
    9. Unplug by 8:00 p.m. :) / Gratitude Journal :) / Inspirational readings :) / mystery novel B)Beck's instead
    10. Up early with NO SNOOZE! :sMaddie decided I should wake up 45 minutes before my alarm today, so yeah....there's that.

Hopping on to post quick! I took afternoon off work today and my honey and I are going to see the TransSiberian Orchestra concert tonight. I'm SO EXCITED! I have not been on a date with him in ages, and I LOVE the show that TSO puts on! They are awesome! I've seen them once before but my honey has not. I've been excited all day!

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Choose food mindfully
    3. WATER
    4. Body / Mind / Spirit
    5. Chapter 4 of Beck's Diet Solution
    6. Prep for tomorrow, tonight
    7. Normal evening routine (Gratitude journal / Dodie O / Simple Abundance / Read / bed by 10:30

Short and sweet tonight because I plan to live in the moment with my honey tonight. We deserve this and it is long overdue!

Love to you all!!! And I mean that!

@mytime6630 I think I've been with you for 3 years now... :smile: Lucky me!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Thanks all for the kind words. Hand on heart, I never thought I could get here either. Went from chubby child to at best curvy and at worst fat adult. Never athletic, never fit.

You all know from my posts that it isn’t easy. But it is possible.

Loving how well everyone is doing themselves and how we are all helping each other. Have been stacked at work today so couldn’t get on until now. Managed to stay on track today through a very long day. One more parents evening to go!

Ooh and on the protein shake front - chocolate cookie flavour shake (110cals) 85g frozen mixed berries (30cals) and some truvia (0 Cals), a splash of sugar free raspberry syrup (0-5 calls), water and loads of ice blended so it is somewhere between a thick milkshake and ice-cream. Absolutely delicious!

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout (I will be tired post hot yoga tonight but I very much need this to feel strong ahead of parents evening - which will also involve sitting down for three hours so not much movement!) ✅ yay! Did it! And somehow managed to get 19000 steps in today..?
    - Take glass jar to work ✅
    - Buy ice on way to work for science experiment ✅
    - flu consent form ❎
    - Send note on parent workshop ✅ did it last night in the end
    - print parents eve schedule✅
    - Eat little and often to keep up energy and avoid biscuits!✅
    - Water!!!✅
    - Early night✅ will go to bed v soon!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Planning time (print assessment papers)
    - Flu consent form
    - Firm up school trip and send letter
    - Plan meal to cook for bf this weekend
    - Parents eve: water and sensible spread out cals
    - Early night again!
  • mytime6630

Hopping on to post quick! I took afternoon off work today and my honey and I are going to see the TransSiberian Orchestra concert tonight. I'm SO EXCITED! I have not been on a date with him in ages, and I LOVE the show that TSO puts on! They are awesome! I've seen them once before but my honey has not. I've been excited all day!

Love to you all!!! And I mean that!

@mytime6630 I think I've been with you for 3 years now... :smile: Lucky me!

Yes --- you SO deserve to have a wonderful nite out!! And I LOVE transsiberian Orchestra!! I've never gotten to see them in person ... it will be a awesome show! Have a wonderful time... and wow ... hard to believe it has been 3 years! And we are not giving up!! Next year will be our year to reach out goals!
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2018

@Saragirl2 !!!!! HELLO!!! Oh my goodness, I have missed you! I'm glad to see you are doing well! I was just thinking and talking about you. I joined the Half-Sized Me Community and love it, and I have you to thank! :smile:

Big hugs! :flowerforyou:

I have not joined the community ... but @Saragirl .... I have recently started listening to the youtube podcasts! They are awesome -- thank you for telling us about them.
  • Bex953172
    JFT Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water 😊
    - Be in the green😊
    - Exercise😊😊😊
    - Tidy the house😊
    - November Challenge😊
    - Put laundry away ❌

• Bex953172
    edited November 2018
    did ANOTHER workout!
    probably to make up for the 250 calorie chocolate bar i bought from the shop, you know instead of the protein shake!
    (see, we all make mistakes!)
    proper sweaty now so off to have a shower then straight to bed! Its 11.40pm!

doing another run tomorrow morning! can't wait!
    Also got 9 waters in today!
  • mytime6630
    JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water, :) mindful eating :) Even though I did have 2 pieces of pizza ... I did eat a salad with it, so at least I stopped at the 2 pieces!
    3. listen to podcast about emotional eating :) Planning on doing this right now... going to listen to one every nite.
    4. eat only 1 planned snack - and then stop. drink water :) I am sipping on water right now. Well, actually gulping down water! But ... it is helping me. I am really hoping this can break my nite-time snacking habit!
    5. help hubby :/ Hubby let me work in the yard today ... digging up canna bulbs ... before the snow!! I am so afraid all these bulbs will not survive. I am suppose to dig them up after the folage dies down, but for us, it was nice until bam .... freezing cold, snow, 22 degrees!!! I got some of them dug up, but most were still in the ground. My hands were freezing. At least they are inside now to dry before I store them.
    6. start making reading pillows for my nieces kids for xmas -- I am "hoping" to make 7 of these!! Yikes ... not sure how many I will finish! :/ Haven't even started this yet, but hoping over the weekend to get at least 2 made.

My calorie count is almost 1700 today because of the pizza, and since I didn't get to the gym, kinda bummed about that. BUt ... it was more controlled eating, so I think I will be OK. Tomorrow they are calling for 7" of snow, so I probably won't get to the gym. But if I can keep from eating tonite, and keep it at the 1700, I will be OK with that.

JFT, THurs
    1. today I will choose to write down everything I eat
    2. today I will choose to drink water - 2 glasses with each meal
    3. today I will choose to listen to at least one Half Size me podcast
    4. help hubby with work
    5. finish adding border to quilt .. so I can put it away,and start on reading pillows

• Bex953172
    JFT, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water, :) mindful eating :) Even though I did have 2 pieces of pizza ... I did eat a salad with it, so at least I stopped at the 2 pieces!
    3. listen to podcast about emotional eating :) Planning on doing this right now... going to listen to one every nite.
    4. eat only 1 planned snack - and then stop. drink water :) I am sipping on water right now. Well, actually gulping down water! But ... it is helping me. I am really hoping this can break my nite-time snacking habit!
    5. help hubby :/ Hubby let me work in the yard today ... digging up canna bulbs ... before the snow!! I am so afraid all these bulbs will not survive. I am suppose to dig them up after the folage dies down, but for us, it was nice until bam .... freezing cold, snow, 22 degrees!!! I got some of them dug up, but most were still in the ground. My hands were freezing. At least they are inside now to dry before I store them.
    6. start making reading pillows for my nieces kids for xmas -- I am "hoping" to make 7 of these!! Yikes ... not sure how many I will finish! :/ Haven't even started this yet, but hoping over the weekend to get at least 2 made.

My calorie count is almost 1700 today because of the pizza, and since I didn't get to the gym, kinda bummed about that. BUt ... it was more controlled eating, so I think I will be OK. Tomorrow they are calling for 7" of snow, so I probably won't get to the gym. But if I can keep from eating tonite, and keep it at the 1700, I will be OK with that.

JFT, THurs
    1. today I will choose to write down everything I eat
    2. today I will choose to drink water - 2 glasses with each meal
    3. today I will choose to listen to at least one Half Size me podcast
    4. help hubby with work
    5. finish adding border to quilt .. so I can put it away,and start on reading pillows

I always find with pizza that 2 slices is like the "sweet spot". One isn't enough, and three is too many calories to rectify. So I always stick with 2 and work it in!
    Well done (see, everything does go with salad)

I have to ask, what are canna bulbs and why do you need to take them out?
    I'm not green fingered at all and know nothing about gardening. I managed to kill 2 cactuses LOL. They don't even need watering and I killed them!