JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was busy, I have a big deadline next Thursday and it's getting a little tight. i ended up taking just 15 minutes for lunch and then didn't get home until 9 (I went to a meeting on way home) so lots of the things I wanted to get done did not happen! Maybe today...

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :/ Had crisps prior to meeting as wasn't going to eat dinner until late. I should probably buy some healthier lighter snacks to have on these occasions
    - Be in the green :smile:
    - 4 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Run to work :smile:

- Savour every bite :neutral: A little, more to do!
    - No eating whilst standing :/ The crisps were eaten while walking
    - Give myself credit! :/ I forgot to do this, it's not something that comes naturally!

- 45 minute lunch break :/ Only managed 15
    - Meditate :/ Lack of time/energy
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book :/ Lack of time/ energy
    - Finish work at 6pm :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :/ Lack of time/ energy
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- Savour every bite
    - Give myself credit!

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 120 in the red
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Done the school run! Well walk..
    I let my eldest take her scooter today seeing as it was just her and me.
    It was a nightmare, took her a good 5 minutes to get the balance on it on the pavements. But she did okay but it was so slow with it mostly being uphill so she was a little late.
    And then I had to walk home with the damn thing. But.. I had a brilliant idea and I scootered home myself! :lol: I've not been on a scooter for years! And I still got it LOL.

So even though I said we might not be able to scooter again I think I will let her and leave early. Just so i can have a go hahaha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @mytime6630 Yes I'm 6 hours ahead :) well done on all that water!

I always think about you Joan! You gave my so much by creating this group and I only want to see you succeed.
    I'm thinking if there's a way where you can comfort your emotions in another way rather than food. Because I think you realise that your daughter isn't ever going to be 100%, which means you won't be. So rather than trying to fight the need to comfort yourself maybe you could find something else that will give you the same feeling that food does. But I don't know what that could be.

@Faebert thanks so much for posting the pics! You look amazing! Really inspiring!

@HEGoddard0928 well done on going to the gym when you didn't want to!
    I always find I have a greater sense of achievement when I do something I didn't want to!

@maryrobinson40 oh my you were busy yesterday!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the house
    - November Challenge
    - Put laundry away
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Missed you all at JFT!
    I haven't been making this a priority and I need to get back into the habit of posting.

Pretrack my food today & keep protein high.
    Walk dog.
    Plan pasta dish from Mediterranean cookbook.
    Drink 8-10 cups of water.
    Meditate.
    Try not to snack when stressed out.
    Set timer for tedious chores.
    Self care.
    Evening walk with dog.
    Early bedtime 10pm

Made a quinoa breakfast bowl this am (recipe on Cookie&Kate) & it was excellent! Curious to see how long I stay full??

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT 11-13-18

1. Log all food😀And was in the green!
    2. Fold clothes!😑I keep staring at the bag of clothes and cringing but never actually do it... TODAY!
    3. Dishes😀 Two sink fulls
    4. Yoga 😅Went to the gym instead but I felt amazing either way
    5. Decide if I want to renew my gym membership 😀I ended up doing it. Really fought with myself though
    6. Renew Matt's benefits for next year 😑Really have to do this today! We have until Monday to sign up
    7. Finish food shopping😑
    8. Food prep😀
    9. Figure out dinner😀
    10. Bed at a reasonable time😀 10 30 ish

Wow that seems like a lot. Lol

JFT 11-14-18

1. Log all food
    2. Pay bills
    3. FOLD CLOTHES GOSH DARNIT!
    4. Keep up with the dishes
    5. Figure out what I want to make for Thanksgiving dinner
    6. Sign up for benefits for next year!
    7. Give Mom rent check
    8. Food shopping
    9. Figure out dinner
    10. Bed at a reasonable time
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    b8o486aoohkb.jpg
    9zo261o00uw6.jpg

Here's my little biter!

Unlike others, she doesn't make my ovaries explode. Thankfully I'm past that stage of life, but oh man, I just want to snuggle with her and rub her so soft hair.... I hope that doesn't sound creepy LOL
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 How funny is that! The universe is talking to us :D

@Snowflake1968 Its our christmas gift from my mom each year! DH and I actually first met at the mountain when we were younger and both worked there - so we're so grateful my mom gives us the opportunity to continue on with one of our passions because winter sports are SO expensive!

@HEGoddard0928 Thanks!!! The older I get the more cautious I am out there - I always wear a helmet and I even picked up short term disability insurance just in case the worst were to happen out there...that was when I had a laugh at myself that my wild child days were over. Way to go getting to the gym and making yourself a priority!!

The radio station today spent an hour talking about how people are moving away from gifts and giving experiences as Christmas gifts. I think that is an awesome idea!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @maryrobinson40 - What a day, way to go! I'm melting from your grandsons "sugars" that is so sweet.

@mytime6630 - Yay for a good day! Changing ones mindset is SO much harder than we realize so just want to say I'm proud of you for being mindful and making that effort! So interesting about your line of work - we are big audiophiles in my house!

@Faebert - Amazing before and afters! Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration - not just your physical transformation but your insights on going thru all the stages with such a can do attitude! You rock!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Three waters before noon - another three after :)
    3. Grocery store lunch :)
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Load of laundry - sheets/towels >:)
    6. Buy seasons passes :)
    7. Call Meme >:)

Yesterday I had planned to make tuna steaks and an asian stir fry. I told DH atleast 4 times. Then 20 minutes before we get home he hits me with the, "I dont like tuna" I'm like seriously dude you couldnt have told me this one of the other 4 times I told you what was for dinner? So I was annoyed and we had raviolis and biscuits and I ate way too much :/ He did say he will speak up next time - I explained that its frustrating for me - I do the majority of the meal planning and probably 75% of the cooking and I have to work hard at losing weight. While he just loses thru osmosis of my better habits. I'm so happy he's losing weight too but just needed a quick vent - he's catching on slowly that health is about more than just eating salads so back to leading by example and being proud of what I'm doing regardless.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Three waters before noon - another 3 after
    3. Mini meal plan
    4. Grocery store - lunch, dinner, small list
    5. Laundry!
    6. 10 minutes meditation/core work
    7. 15 somethings/bathroom trip
    8. Confirm wood delivery
    9. Get stove parts on order
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    58at7lkey7o8.jpeg

ujl9cn1e4rc3.jpeg

Wow! That shows a lot of dedication and stick-to-itness! Great job!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

@Snowflake1968 -- you sound very busy with your crafts! I always love going to craft fairs (I am going to one on saturday). But everytime I go, it reminds me of when my husband and I always exhibited at the Consumer Electronics show ... people all love to come ... but for the vendors/exhibitors, it is exhausting! Lots of work go into doing these shows ... but I know you will sell lots of stuff ... its all beautiful! You are so talented.

There are many to respond I'd love to respond to, but right now, I can hear my daughter sobbing in the bedroom .... so I need to go and see if I can talk to her. I wish the doctor could increase her depression meds, but this doctor does not want to do that for fear of her doing something impulsive. So its been very hard. My daughter and I ran to the store tonite to get her out, but she spends most of her day in her apartment alone. And for her, the holidays are especially hard .... so I have to be OK when she is around. I think that is why I eat, to hide my own emotions so she does not see how I really feel ... which is very helpless. I guess I remember how things used to be ... and that will no longer be. But .... I do have a lot to be grateful for, and you guys are among those things.

They sure are a lot of work, and then some days no one shows up! It's a true balancing act trying to figure out how much to make and take.

I wish you daughter's doctor would give her something to help her out. I know though, that it's also a balancing act with the meds.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday

Yesterday I had planned to make tuna steaks and an asian stir fry. I told DH atleast 4 times. Then 20 minutes before we get home he hits me with the, "I dont like tuna" I'm like seriously dude you couldnt have told me this one of the other 4 times I told you what was for dinner? So I was annoyed and we had raviolis and biscuits and I ate way too much :/ He did say he will speak up next time - I explained that its frustrating for me - I do the majority of the meal planning and probably 75% of the cooking and I have to work hard at losing weight. While he just loses thru osmosis of my better habits. I'm so happy he's losing weight too but just needed a quick vent - he's catching on slowly that health is about more than just eating salads so back to leading by example and being proud of what I'm doing regardless.

My husband messes up my plans all the time for dinner. I only make one meal a day so luckily it's not every meal LOL Last night I stopped at the grocery store on the way home, bought steaks and some potatoes and vegetables. I get home and look at my phone and he texted asking for burgers. I ended up going out getting him burgers and I had eggs, toast and fried leftover potatoes. I just didn't want the calorie laden burgers. I do that a lot now, make/buy two different things LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,524 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Recap T 11/13 ~ Forecast was correct and temp (F) with wind chill was a single digit ~ not liking the below normal temps this month, way too early... decided dog & I would take rest day. But I have workouts planned for the remaining week. :wink:
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO evening snacking / net calories green (or w/i 100) / 14c water = I logged washing dishes & cooking time just so I could report net calories green 32 :D , sodium -548 :/ , sugar -2 (yay), fiber & protein ok :neutral: , 14c water (yay). For rest day, not so bad. :smile:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,491 steps :neutral: , 250+ steps 13/14 (yay) & 40 floors (yay)
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip = I think so... :D
    4) Start final phase of GC project ~ stop procrastinating! Even if it's not much, just start! = Got side-tracked w/ other issues, but at least organized my notes. :neutral:
    5) Evening to-do's: rinse/refill heated birdbath :smiley: / check/refill feeders :smiley: / wash dishes :smiley: / recharge headlamp :smiley: / other? folded hubby's work shirts, cleaned hummingbird feeder for season, baked apple crisp for office food day :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :s / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: 10:30 ish (walk dog W before work)

JFT W 11/14 ~ Local weatherman called current temps "January-like" ~ ugh. So last night I organized my winter walking layers (forgot about socks but no problem there) and set alarm for early walk. This morning when we left house at 6 a.m. temp with wind chill (wind almost nil) was 4(F) and after 1st mile I was toasty warm. :D
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.58 mi 1:04:37 / stretched = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip ~ really liking this challenge, as long as I remember to do
    4) Food is a bit of a crapshoot today: food day in office for boss-lady's bday, I brought leftovers from home for lunch during noon webinar & after work, meeting former colleagues for drinks & dinner at new place. I looked at website last night, not really sure what will be available / make wise choices / enjoy 1 adult beverage with friends. Shooting for net calories green... we'll see. And 12c water.
    5) Evening to-do's?
    6) Unplug 9:00 REALLY / floss / retainers / set early alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog Th before work)

@Saragirl2 Welcome back, it's good to see you again!

@Faebert You are a rock star! Thanks for sharing your before & after ~ awesome transformation! All your hard work really shows.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT- Tuesday November 13
    2L of Water - 1.75
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 161
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 2, but one was raspberries and one was an orange
    Walk 1 Mile - I just don't have time or energy right now
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - Managed to remember TWICE
    Write in Journal - :)
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - :)

JFT- Wednesday November 14
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

Wow what a busy day it was on here yesterday! I did manage to keep up with it all! I have 8 sets of Harry Potter ornaments completed, I did 3 Slytherin, 2 Gryffindor, 1 Hufflepuff and 1 Ravenclaw this time. I have about 70 ornaments with me at work today to paint so have to get at it!

I'll keep checking in as I can.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,217 Member
    Options
    Little bit of advice for everyone...even if your Dr requests a test or screening that’s supposedly “covered” by your insurance, call them and check directly. My Cologuard test was denied even after an appeal and I’m stuck with a $649 bill. I’ve created a GoFundMe page because I just don’t have it. The whole thing makes me angry.
    Jessica
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Woo I'm feeling good today!
    I walked to school, scootered back.
    I half jogged half walked to school and then I had to do it on the way back because I told Saskia about it and then she wanted to run home lol!
    So thanks to a 4 year old I pushed myself

Feeling good about it.

Today is the first day I actually feel happy like 100%!
    Well literally this second Saskia is having a Tantrum which is making me tense but I'm just puffing on my e-cig.
  • delaneyzinn
    delaneyzinn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, I just found this group and I am just starting on my weight loss journey. I am 17 years old and 315lbs I am 5'11" and I am really afraid. My goal for today is to go out and walk for an hour. I also want to drink 3L of water. I could use all the support that I can get. Thanks so much!!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all at JFT!
    I haven't been making this a priority and I need to get back into the habit of posting.

Welcome back!!! We missed you! So happy to see you back!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT 11-13-18

5. Decide if I want to renew my gym membership 😀I ended up doing it. Really fought with myself though
    6. Renew Matt's benefits for next year 😑Really have to do this today! We have until Monday to sign up

So happy you decided to renew your gym membership. That is the best gift you can give yourselves... you are worth it! I miss when I don't get to the gym. Even though many times its hard to get there, it is the best thing we can do for ourselves.