T25

Options

Replies

• mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i've got speed 1.0 tonight!! :) and p90X plyometrics X.

yay for T25! it has gotten me back into the joy of working out on a schedule, so i added in p90X as well last week! :)
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm on my week 2 staturday and I noticed that I am an inch bigger everywhere!! I am panicking :( i'm a pound lighter though.... Can someone explain this? Do you think it's my diet?
  • elpozo
    elpozo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me :) Ah, Speed 1.0 -- Hello Burpees, nice to meet you! Hahaha! It's my goal to finish the Alpha Phase without following Tania during the last week so I need to push!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @lauraaro, I'd say it is from tissue/muscle swelling from repair. When muscles get built they are like a fraying rope & it takes usually a day's rest to repair to build. This process causes swelling & also retains water to help the repair process! That is what my fitness instuction said anyways!!!
    It is AWESOME to see all of the new T25'ers!!! I LOVE this series & 25 minutes is very doable!!

Today was 6 miles on bike, 30 minutes of SPEED 3.0, 125 REPS, 10 minutes of HIIT and 17 minutes of stretching.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me :) Ah, Speed 1.0 -- Hello Burpees, nice to meet you! Hahaha! It's my goal to finish the Alpha Phase without following Tania during the last week so I need to push!

You have met my nemesis, those darn burpees haha. I have developed a love/hate relationship with them. Good job!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options

Today was 6 miles on bike, 30 minutes of SPEED 3.0, 125 REPS, 10 minutes of HIIT and 17 minutes of stretching.

Fantastic fitness day vhuber!! I got through T25 did some cleaning and laundry then firmly planted my butt on the couch yesterday. Caught up on some good shows and read for awhile. Felt good to just relax.

So awesome to see all the new people joining in. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 1 for me as well! Today is Day 2 when my husband and I get home from work. So far so good!
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It's day 2 for me today...day 1 went great so I'm looking forward to pushing play after I get back from dropping kids off at school!
  • gercker5
    gercker5 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 of Beta. Today is Speed 2.0!
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Survived day two...realized I'm not as coordinated as I though LOL!!
  • elpozo
    elpozo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Finished Total Body Circuit this morning! Woah what the hell was that :)) I was in shock the entire time and sometimes even Tania's moves seemed too hard for me :( But I will tick it off as beginner's adjustment and will just keep pushing until I get it right.

I think I hate spider push-ups as much as I hate burpees. The fact that they're in one workout video is daunting :)

Congrats to everyone who are still pushing on :)
  • sandeerah
    Options
    I am onto my last week of Beta. I did my last EVER Core Cardio today... it has been hell knowing you Core Cardio :explode: . I am glad not to be going back there.

I just had a quick peek at Gamma Speed 3. :noway: I might have to concentrate on my coordination for a bit in that workout I think.

I have 2 more Ript circuits to go... I will miss them. Do you think the gamma extreme circuit is great too?
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Do you guys do double day? :) just wondering if it makes any difference if I dont. But I do the other work out the ff day sa basically I workout everyday.
  • sandeerah
    Options
    I think for the first few weeks of Alpha I didn't do the double day. I don't think I had time to do a double for those weeks. But now I do. It all depends on how much time I have.

Today I did a double up day because I don't have time to do the 25 minute tomorrow, I will also do a double on Friday too as per the schedule.

I wouldn't think it would make too much of a difference.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    I am onto my last week of Beta. I did my last EVER Core Cardio today... it has been hell knowing you Core Cardio :explode: . I am glad not to be going back there.

I just had a quick peek at Gamma Speed 3. :noway: I might have to concentrate on my coordination for a bit in that workout I think.

I have 2 more Ript circuits to go... I will miss them. Do you think the gamma extreme circuit is great too?
    Honestly I am liking Gamma best of all, it really focuses on strength training and you use a lot of weights compared to Alpha and Beta. Congrats to you on making it through Beta. You'll love Gamma, hope you like burpees lol Speed 3.0 is a killer!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Do you guys do double day? :) just wondering if it makes any difference if I dont. But I do the other work out the ff day sa basically I workout everyday.

For me personally I always did the doubles. I really liked having that rest day from T25 and I could workout if I wanted to but it was my option. Some people here did split them up at times. I would recommend following the schedule if possible though for best results.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Survived day two...realized I'm not as coordinated as I though LOL!!

That is exactly me! :laugh:
  • lauraspberry
    Options

For me personally I always did the doubles. I really liked having that rest day from T25 and I could workout if I wanted to but it was my option. Some people here did split them up at times. I would recommend following the schedule if possible though for best results.

I will try double day next week :) thank you. The reason I was splitting them up is because i dont think I can do the 2nd workout efficiently after being exhausted from the precious one but I'll try. I miss having a rest day haha
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im sometimes doing doubles on regular days....25 is sometimes just not enough. i allways add around 15-20 minutes of good ol yoga for streching =)
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    YOU GUISE!

I just had my first ab intervals workout (alpha phase, natch!) and I about DIED. I've been following Tanya the entire time, but I could barely keep up with half of her modifications today. I tried to do it the best I could but the ones where I had to lean back and let my abs keep me up killed me especially. :(

Did any of you start with super weak abs/a significant tummy? Does it get better??!

I'm not an exerciser at all, I've never been 'fit' or 'athletic' but my fitness goal is to get to the point where I can do insanity and then ultimately P90x.

Please tell me it gets better! I'm about to cry, I'm so discouraged. I know that everybody has to start somewhere, and this is my 'somewhere' but it would really help if I knew someone else had been 'here', you know?

Any advice/words of wisdom would be super helpful. :)

We all started "here". The first time I did Insanity I couldn't do the butt kick run nor could I touch the floor doing "hit the floors" and suicide runs. When we did the hip flexor stretches I'd have to standup and adjust my stomach over my thigh when we would switch hands. It does get better. I STILL have problems with any ab routine, be it T25, Insanity or P90X, but just keep on keeping on and it will get better!! :happy: