T25

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    TdaniT - Welcome back, Always feel s good to get back in it after a break doesn't it

elpozo - Great work :)

Thanks. It does feel good to be back but I stumbled last week again. SMH I am back at it this week and I am determined to get it done! Total Body Circuit is hard for me because of the planks/push ups. I have carpal tunnel in my wrists so I have a hard time doing it for as long as they are (which I know isn't long). Any suggestions on food? I haven't seen any weight loss with this program yet. Of course my eating hasn't been on point so I know I need to get that under control too. I don't have a HRM so I am guesstimating my calories burned at a straight 200 calories for each exercise. I try not to eat all of them back.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing gamma hybrid this week and next week , I am done. I have actually gained 6lbs doing gamma and you can see it. It is all muscles, I used 5 lbs weights for just gamma round and upped it to 10 for the hybrid round. Going to start P90X3 1/6/14 and looking forward to a change, This was the best workout I have ever done and so easy to stick to. A great muscle builder not a great fat burner. I have lost inches but nothing compared to the definition in my arms and legs and shoulders. Not enough ab work in gamma. But all in all this will always be my go to workout. :D Best of luck to all of you and I do hope you enjoy it is a great sweat fest and you feel wonderful when you are done with your 25 minutes :D

Laurie
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    A great muscle builder not a great fat burner. I have lost inches but nothing compared to the definition in my arms and legs and shoulders.

Do you mean for the whole system or just gamma? I need a LOT of fat loss and some muscle. I hope to get to gamma!
  • elpozo
    elpozo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did Dynamic Core today, Day 4 for the first week of Beta. It's a killer -- I love how Shaun T. makes us do non-traditional ab work. None of those normal crunches in a lot of workout videos :))

I also love how stricter he is in Beta. In Alpha, it was like he was still going easy on you, even while pushing you. Beta has a more business-like feel :)

I keep seeing reviews saying that they've lost most weight and gained more definition in Beta. Can't wait to see results of my own -- I don't have much to lose in terms of weight. But I do have a tummy that's bigger than it should be -- I have named it "Chubbers" in the past. Alpha has helped lessen the flat belly problem but I'm hoping Beta will help get rid of it altogether :D

Hi to all the new ones and congrats to those who have finished Gamma :)
  • _rachel_k
    Options
    I have 2.5 weeks left before beta and I MIGHT have lost 1 lb. never took before measurements, stupid me
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A great muscle builder not a great fat burner. I have lost inches but nothing compared to the definition in my arms and legs and shoulders.

Do you mean for the whole system or just gamma? I need a LOT of fat loss and some muscle. I hope to get to gamma!

Just gamma round, I lost inches in Alpha a beta built definition all over in gamma and gamma hybrid.. My shoulders are quite impressive, this will always be my go to work out.. Love the whole program.. More so the alpha and beta for weight loss and inches gamma for strength
  • alwaysavadri
    alwaysavadri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, just finishing up Alpha week 1, 4 lbs lost! I will do measurements when I get home from work tonight.

I definitely got my butt kicked this week, and was frantic whenever I couldn't see Tonya's modifiers, but I am super proud of myself!! I keep pushing the BF to do the modifiers well instead of pushing himself and doing the regular moves incorrectly...Form > difficulty, in my opinion. Thoughts?
  • _rachel_k
    Options

Just gamma round, I lost inches in Alpha a beta built definition all over in gamma and gamma hybrid.. My shoulders are quite impressive, this will always be my go to work out.. Love the whole program.. More so the alpha and beta for weight loss and inches gamma for strength

I'm kicking myself for not doing my measurements before I started but having 40 lbs to lose, seeing my body change will be easy. I may be 4 lbs down in 3 weeks though. Christmas with my family will be tough (drinking and trying not to over eat).

alwaysavadri: form trumps difficulty any day! Poor forms will give you injuries, not results. I understand why he would go for difficulty (it's really hard for me to admit how grossly out of shape I am. It's so embarrassing)
  • alwaysavadri
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Getting towards the end of Alpha, I am definitely noticing a difference in stamina! Weight loss has slowed down, but I am still noticing a loss off my hips (although I wish my biceps and thighs stopped getting larger...)!

I will say...Total Body Circuit is brutal!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Getting towards the end of Alpha, I am definitely noticing a difference in stamina! Weight loss has slowed down, but I am still noticing a loss off my hips (although I wish my biceps and thighs stopped getting larger...)!

I will say...Total Body Circuit is brutal!

Glad you are enjoying it. Don't worry about the weight loss slowing, I think most of us noticed the biggest loss during Beta. Congrats on getting through the first phase. I really loved T25!
  • melybelyc
    Options
    I love T25 - although I find myself missing Insanity. I have one week left of Beta and I am going to miss it but I am excited about starting P90X3!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to do Alpha for a full 5 weeks straight so I just started Beta on the 6th. Oh my goodness, Core Cardio and Speed 2.0 are no joke!

I didn't any weight loss during Alpha, I actually gained. :sad: That is because it was through the holidays and I screwed my eating up on my vacation during Thanksgiving. I am still trying to get back to it. This week has been good so far.

I have 20 pounds to lose at this point and I am hoping that T25 can still help with that. I have gotten so discouraged lately.

In regards to T25, I do the actual exercises when I can and I modify with Tania when I can't. I am noticing some discomfort in my left knee, but only going up and down stairs. Not sure about that. So I have been careful and modified more instead of doing all of the jumping around. At this point injuring myself and not being able to work out will be a killer.
  • jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I started round 2 and now round 3 from the begining. Not sure if that is the group, but I have an accountability group started and we have 3-4 active posters pluss me. It is really helpful. Go to groups and look for the Green accountability sign :) I post daily but not usualy on weekends.
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    I have 2 bad knees, when I first started T25, my knees got very painfull. I modified all jumping to ensure low impact and it helped tremendously, Advil also helped a lot. I am no longer modfying the jumping just focusing on form. Squats I am unable to do a full squat do to knees but I am doing deeper squats than before. Be careful, better to mdify than to be injured I say :)
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So I started T25 this week, I go against the grain and started it on a Saturday and not a Monday like they said to (I know, I'm a rebel). Today is my first Double Down Day. I nearly died yesterday during the Ab section and I was following the modified version!

I honestly don't think I have lost a pound, but I do feel better about myself. I feel my body shaping, but I don't know about losing any weight. Hopefully, I can reach some weight loss before March. I have a wedding dress to fit into :-)

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4028061.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jakeyuma
    Options
    Kayla - Usually during the first 3-4 weeks of a new program you wont see much weightloss on the scale. Thsi is due to body rebelling, muscles tearing and rebuilding. That all retains water. Keep pushing through and working as hard as you can, push a tiny bit further each video and you will see results. You will see quicker results by taking measurements each week.

Great job on week 1
  • Kayla103
    Kayla103 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kayla - Usually during the first 3-4 weeks of a new program you wont see much weightloss on the scale. Thsi is due to body rebelling, muscles tearing and rebuilding. That all retains water. Keep pushing through and working as hard as you can, push a tiny bit further each video and you will see results. You will see quicker results by taking measurements each week.

Great job on week 1

This is good to know! Thanks!

I did the Double Day yesterday and I am feeling it today! I am sore all over. I can definitely see a difference in my shape. My sides are more defined (curvier) then what they have been. Today is my stat day. So once I do those we will see how it goes!

Thanks!
  • alwaysavadri
    Options
    Week two of beta! I'm SOOOOO much a fan of the delicious burn I get from Dynamic Core. Even though my weight and measurements have been on a pretty slow decline, my stamina and ability to effectively perform the moves is drastically improving! It's a really good ego boost to remember how difficult it was for me to do some of the moves. I still mostly do modified, but I'm starting to do some of the full moves!!

I've never been able to stick to an exercise program for very long, so I'm super excited to be in 7 weeks now with only two missed days.

We can do it!!
  • chrisej9
    chrisej9 Posts: 2
    Options
    Loving T25 except the Lower Focus. I did it yesterday and managed to make it through. The last few minutes though I started to feel awful. My body felt so weak, dizzy, and very nauseated. Will this go away if I continue to do the workouts and get stronger? I have read other comments saying it is too hard for people who get sick or dizzy and they need to not do it, but I really don't want to give up on this.
  • vba23
    vba23 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just finished BETA, started GAMMA this week, in answer to your question, I had the same issue, but fortunately as I got better and more fit the nausea went away. Just let yourself modify as needed.