Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Pizza Is a Healthier Breakfast Than Most Cereals

Options
14567810»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's apparently National Pizza Day. Thought everyone should know

We were supposed to get pizza for work lunch, but they were way delayed (due to snow) and it was announced that it was cancelled. (This was very disappointing.) I got a salad instead, but the pizza then just showed up way late. So I guess I get pizza for dinner, as we get to take it home if we want. It's not the kind of pizza I like for breakfast, however.

Workplace pizza culture, tsk, tsk.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Workplace pizza culture, tsk, tsk.

LOL.

We had pizza for lunch today as well.
  • cbohling1987
    cbohling1987 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So last night my wife ordered pizza (I didn't have any because she worked until 8 PM) and she said I could have the remaining 2 pieces for breakfast this morning. Yasss

But then in the middle of the night she woke up feeling feverish and nauseated

fk

guess I won't eat that pizza after all
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I forgot all about that. Still had pizza last night, anyway. No carrot cake, though. :'(
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    billym2018 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I’d argue against that and in favor of cereal being in all around healthier choice for mornings or afternoons. What do you think pizza is? I’m not being funny here. Really think about it. You have meat, tomato sauce and bread that is most often not whole wheat. The carbs from the bread alone cause a big insulin spike because carbs convert to sugar. Yeah.. the thing you said was bad about cereal is actually in pizza. Sugar is a tricky beast that you must out smart. It’s in the tomato sauce too btw. Here’s what you can do. Adding cinnamon to cereal mimics insulin in the body and helps lower the odds of a spike from the sugar. I don't recommend sugary cereals but at least with cereal you have options. Ever eaten whole wheat pizza? Me either.

Now the meat is a totally different avenue. If you eat meat for breakfast your body will need quite a few hours to digest that. Plan on eating soon after? That may not be a big concern to some but cereal has more flexibility. Chose bran cereals or whole wheat types for the fiber value. OVERALL. Cereal is the better choice to ensure you start and end your day right, fortifying your body with nutrients.

You do realise cereal is almost exclusively carbs right?

Wait, I missed the cinnamon nonsense. Well, almost all of it is nonsense but the cinnamon one is a new level of nonsense.

Why do you assume carbs are bad? I live an active lifestyle and enjoy carbs because they burn off as energy. The only bad carbs are simple carbs. Eating healthy grain cereals are complex carbs. There isn’t a negative draw to slow released energy or carbs unless you don't use them.

Explain to me why cinnamon being used to slow glucose absorption is nonsense?

Why are simple carbs bad?

Correction** simple carbs are bad if you are not being active. They are directly linked to visceral fat.

Studies, please.

Sure, check out this study done on whole grains vs refined grains. Complex carb vs simple carb.
    https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/92/5/1165/4597531

You don't know what simple carbs are.