Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,680 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »
    not sure which beer you have found, but the beer salesman in me has to let you know about Corona Premier. 90 calories, 2.6 carbs and still 4% abv.
    Haha, sorry, couldn’t help but push my products ;)

LOL......I love having you as private beer expert giving me suggestions. I will have to give that a try. The beer I just bought is Mich Ultra Pure Gold. Made with organic grains. I like it because I have never been into the heavy dark beers. But I will try the Corona Premier.
    Got nailed with 16 inches so far and still snowing. UGH.

• MissMay
    @snoo61
    What kind of beer, and is it good, or watered down?

Mich Ultra Pure Gold. Not watery if you have ever had the regular Mich Ultra which was my beer before. :)

• MissMay

jselmi wrote: »
    23 days AF! I've lost a few pounds

WOOT WOOT!

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    @snoo61
    What kind of beer, and is it good, or watered down?

Mich Ultra Pure Gold. Not watery if you have ever had the regular Mich Ultra which was my beer before. :)

Thanks! I'm not into the lights but am seriously thinking about it. I worry about the taste but really need to cut the calories.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    I drink. I usually drink a glass of wine a night, but 2-3 on weekend nights. I've no motivation for exercise when I drink even a glass of wine and I'm just a little worried about overall health. I have decided to be alcohol free M-Th and work out on those days. Started this week, so finding this thread is right on time. Wish me luck that I can keep going!

I love the idea of working out on your AF days - brilliant!

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,289 Member
    salleewins wrote: »
    45 days dry. Boy have I been wanting some wine. But I know I won't be able to stop again. My life has been tough lately, but what I am going through won't be forever. My bosses, ugh.............I just have to keep trying. I am so much happier without it. I thought of another for my list of why AF is great. The whites of my fingernails were turning the color of beer literally. Maybe it was my liver or maybe it was because of the color of the beer and the amount of it that I was drinking and since I wasn't drinking water. Thought I would write it here to remind myself, too. Nails back to beautiful white now!

Really good point! My nails have become so healthy and strong now. I'm really happy for you ! Stay strong! Xo
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    It's been since January 1st since I had alcohol, and now twice I've dreamt that I was drinking.
    Also, I read that after you quit for awhile, you start to romanticize drinking. I'm finding that right now. The memories are starting to fade how horrible my hangovers and headaches were. I wish I would have written a journal during those awful times to read right now. I still won't have any, but sometimes I think what harm would one martini do. Then I try to remember all the harm that one martini DID do when one turned to two and three. Plus, I feel so damn good right now that I don't want to slide into that habit again.

It’s weird how “romantic” drinking is- but then you do it and it’s so anticlimactic. At least for me. Even after a few days AF I’m like ohh wine sounds good, but I think it’s more the idea of it than the reality. I’m realizing it’s hard for me to stop at one drink- fortunately it’s not hard to stop after two. So that’s what I’m going to be working on after my little 7 day AF.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    It's been since January 1st since I had alcohol, and now twice I've

It’s weird how “romantic” drinking is- but then you do it and it’s so anticlimactic. At least for me. Even after a few days AF I’m like ohh wine sounds good, but I think it’s more the idea of it than the reality. I’m realizing it’s hard for me to stop at one drink- fortunately it’s not hard to stop after two. So that’s what I’m going to be working on after my little 7 day AF.

Yep, this is my biggest struggle. I feel i cant enjoy myself without a drink but knowing i have a plan and a goal im aiming for is really helping. A drink is a moment if satisfaction where a nice body and healthy, is much longer. To get something good is always hard work and it pays off in the end.
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    @erikNJ, I'll bet a few of us are feeling the same right now about the "excitement" of Jan. and Feb. not being so strong any more. I know I am. @kittybenn makes a good point about the tooth-brushing thing. However, I kind of resent that brushing my teeth isn't a thrill, too. That initial discovery of a changed way of life, all the blogs and books, and of course the insights here were very motivating, but now it can feel a little more like a slog. I guess it's one of those "Put on your big girl pants and do it" things, like going to the gym. At least for me . . . unlike my crazy trainer who works out constantly because he loves it like I love drinking wine.

Oh, I leg pressed 300 lbs. today! I'm going to be able to climb to the top of the Coliseum! I've gotten stronger wine-free, so that's another benefit.

Agreed. But the good thing is, even without the “excitement” this group is still sticking to our goals. And have these discussions to get through the downs.
    One way I look at it is “this is a job I have to do now”. Lord knows I dont want to work everyday but I have to in order to pay bills and put food on the table. Health goals are a new “job”. Don’t always love it, but eating healthier, drinking less and working out are requirements for my well being.

I have to also agree. I’m not perfect but this does help keep me accountable. I’m loving this support. Sometimes we get busy but always love coming back here to refocus when this happens
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Sorry I haven’t been posting much this month. I haven’t honestly had much positive to say. That trip that started this month threw me off, and work sucks.
    Thankfully I haven’t had a drink and I have been staying under my calories everyday, but I’m not excited about it like I was in Jan/Feb. Also I have only gone to the gym one day and after finally getting on track with yoga I am off that now.
    I have been reading this thread everyday. That’s helping with my food/drink goals.

@donimfp enjoy your vacay!

That's not a bad thing. Look at it as you are getting used to not drinking as part of your daily life now.

• dbanks80
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Was with four girlfriends last night at one of their houses. Brought my tea and a diet gingerale. They laughed at me (in a fun, not a mean way) about my "rules" for drinking (nothing Mon-Thurs), but I had a great time and didn't feel tempted - at least not too much. I once again felt SO good about driving one of my pretty drunk friends home at the end of the night and knowing I was completely sober. And I woke up without a hangover. Yay! It's just feeling easier and easier to maintain this lifestyle. I guess all those new behaviors become habits at some point if we just hang in.

I agree with @erikNJ that the excitement has worn off, and not sure what to think about that. I guess I don't need to be thrilled to live this way, I just need to do it. Kind of like brushing your teeth every day. Not exciting, but worthwhile and must be done for health and happiness.

I still enjoy wine, but -- I hope -- never to excess again. I had three glasses last weekend and was good. I could've even passed on those. I do still need to get a grip on the sweets, LOL. But I've now lost 81 pounds and continue to head in the right direction, so I'm pretty content. Not using up my daily calories on alcohol has been a real game changer for me.

You are doing awesome!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Last weekend was not good at all. 2 days I had binge drinking. Then I got into a funk of depression. Did not go to workout Mon or Tues. Slept ALL day!!! I just couldn't get my crap together. I feel better and back on track. I cannot give up. I refuse to give up!

Good for you! I was down on myself for drinking more days in a row than I planned but I’m taking 7 days off and loving it. I think the whole point of this is learning and growing and making mistakes and slowly bettering our lives. Crazy how alcohol can effect the mood!!!

You can do this. Learning, growing and taking small steps is wayyyyy better than staying in a rut and not doing anything.