Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @thetaminator - How many calories have you avoided by not drinking?

Sadly before I really became alcohol aware...between 3000 & 7000 weekly. :'(

When you put it this way, makes total sense why I gained close to 10 lbs over the past year :neutral: !#$
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    So much positivity here! I’ve gained so much from this amazing group. As an English teacher, I have seen too much harm from censorship. I wish you all well and will continue to feel a connection with like-minded and non-judgmental people fighting the good fight. Will continue to draw strength from this group when in Italy next week. I am perhaps wrong but what I saw was a well-meaning and kind soul go down on social media and I feel I would be wise to withdraw from a group that has been a lifeline for me since Jan. 1. Thank you, Julie!

Did I miss something?
  • josekadams
    josekadams Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Of course I am in. I can't live without you people lol I am serious!

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options

When you put it this way, makes total sense why I gained close to 10 lbs over the past year :neutral: !#$

YES, if I were only consuming the alcohol in each drink it would not be that high. Although chocolate martinis are beautiful to look at. They can be over 400 calories per drink. Not that this was my only drink of choice, but it seems the nicer the drink the more calories it has. That 400 calories is over what my dinner calories should be.

"I would rather eat them than drink them". Hey that would be a good slogan on a tea shirt, or mug or kitchen towel.

Welcome @joshkadams
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options

Great job!

• islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    So much positivity here! I’ve gained so much from this amazing group. As an English teacher, I have seen too much harm from censorship. I wish you all well and will continue to feel a connection with like-minded and non-judgmental people fighting the good fight. Will continue to draw strength from this group when in Italy next week. I am perhaps wrong but what I saw was a well-meaning and kind soul go down on social media and I feel I would be wise to withdraw from a group that has been a lifeline for me since Jan. 1. Thank you, Julie!

Did I miss something?

Right?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,183 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »

Did I miss something?

I have no idea what happened:(
    I missed it too.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,183 Member
    Options
    josekadams wrote: »
    Hi I Am new member in site

Welcome! We love to hear your tips and tricks to reducing alcohol. Happy to see you!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - wow, Julie - 12,000 steps is amazing. Yesterday I felt like I was walking all day and still only got up to 8,000, LOL. I love the Insight Timer app too. You are absolutely killing it- congrats!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    @BuffMom84 its great you are staying strong even while watching your husband drink. I would have a really hard time if my husband drank wine (my drink of choice)