Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Guys I am sooooo ready to start my healthy March now.
    At the airport about to fly home from my trip to North Carolina. It was an amazing time, and as a craft beer lover it was one of the beat places to go with such great friends and coworkers.

But I can tell you after such a healthy Jan and Feb my body hates what happened the past two days. We didn’t eat anything healthy and drank so much craft beer. My body has gotten used to vegetables and lean meats. And my one day a week I have been drinking light beer.

First win was in the airport right now. I said I can’t wait to go back to eating healthy and not drinking. Everyone laughed at me. Then they all walked in the airport bar to get beers. I am sitting at the gate with a bottle of water.

when you are 95, all alone sitting in your living room with a tea, and they are all dead.....guess who will be laughing then

Damn right man! It didn’t even bother me that they laughed

Hope I’m not alone though. I’d like to have a cat chilling in my lap while I sip that tea

haha.....my comment was two-edged definitely
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    [It

Can you tell I am not getting much of my grading (papers) done? I am watching these YouTube videos.
    https://youtu.be/kI-BhQGwDO8

This comedian/talk show person says a lot of poignant stories about being an alcoholic. He says it's a thinking problem. And certain types of people just can't drink. Worthwhile to listen to if you tend to not be able to moderate. It's a humorous, sad but hopeful video.

Yes.. i was thinking u are pretty clever. Super efficient o:):)

Thanku for your time, .. they are very helpful.
    U r helping others kids by helping adults keep sober ;)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Awesome videos @JulieAL1969! Thanks a bunch! I wrote most all of the 50 down. Comedian was great, too.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options

@NormInv wrote: »

when you are 95, all alone sitting in your living room with a tea, and they are all dead.....guess who will be laughing then

Love this, too!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Looks like I did it again, another weekend with no alcohol. o:) I also lost a couple of pounds in the last 10 days so I guess I will keep this AF train chugging along! Here's to a successful week for us all, no matter what our goals are :)

what a babe!
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Looks like I did it again, another weekend with no alcohol. o:) I also lost a couple of pounds in the last 10 days so I guess I will keep this AF train chugging along! Here's to a successful week for us all, no matter what our goals are :)

what a babe!

:D:D:D
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

what a babe!

:D:D:D

Alcohol isnt for babes anyway :D
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    50 reasons why being sober is awesome!
    Good video from this young lady who lists all the benefits of being sober.
    The absolute most meaningful one for me was her 50th reason! You will love that reason, too.
    It's soooooo true!

https://youtu.be/uFe1a86Ibl8

She has many good points! Thank you for sharing this video :)
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969, what memories I have of Sunday evenings with the dreaded bag of papers to grade. Thanks for sharing the videos. Craig Ferguson is very poignant about his alcoholism. I saw him live in Austin and was disappointed by what I considered misogynistic “humor,” but I appreciate his honesty about his struggles. Both videos emphasize the importance of community, and I think that is what you have created here.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - I loved the 50 reasons video! And agree that #50 is my fave. Thanks so much for sharing.