Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Day 22... 21 days AF! I have 1/2 bottle of Merlot, opened 2 weeks ago, when does this stuff go bad? I have never had an open bottle left, for more than a day before!

Feeling great... still get occasional cravings, but knowing now how to tell myself "NO", and making it stick. :smiley:
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Day 22... 21 days AF! I have 1/2 bottle of Merlot, opened 2 weeks ago, when does this stuff go bad? I have never had an open bottle left, for more than a day before!

@looneycatblue - I know exactly what you mean. I have open bottles sitting around now. This will fix your problem for less than $10: The Original Vacu Vin Wine Saver with 1 Vacuum Stopper – White
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    An observation I thought I'd share. I was in the liquor store yesterday looking for this great bread they sell on weekends...they were out of it, but anyway there was a customer buying a couple bottles of liquor and she apparently didn't have her coupon, and the clerk very apologetically said, "I'm so sorry Ma'am I can't give you the discount without the coupon." Well you would have thought he tried to steal her purse. She threw a FIT. She was shrieking, " I come in here everyday!!! How dare you not give me a discount!" and stormed off leaving her booze behind. The two clerks just looked at each other and one shook her head and said, "Man, alcohol really makes people mean." The things I were thinking were, 1. she comes in every day to buy THAT much booze? 2. I am so glad I am not her. 3. It has made me mean too, but in private, thank God. and 4. This reinforces my desire for sobriety. We live in a small town and I would be so embarrassed to show my face after that. You just can't unring a bell. That was not pretty.

I get to see this kind of sad stuff all the time with my job. Every week I see people standing at the door of a liquor store waiting for them to open their doors to buy their first drink. Or if i am working in a store for a long time I sometimes see the same customer come back for repeat visits.
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well I went off for 10 days while DH is home. I knew it. Thrown right off again. Had great time and alsostopoed the gym. Ugh bad influence.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Hey Norm! Guess what I just bought for walking in
  • donimfp
    Options
    Oops. It didn’t like my Italy emoji. Anyway I said I just bought BLACK SNEAKERS for my trip so I think I’m the coolest person ever and my granddaughters will back me up on that.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hey Norm! Guess what I just bought for walking in

moccasins?
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Haha love this group. Well, a pretty wet weekend but now I’m dry for the next 7 days. I’m trying to challenge myself to do a few different things (beyond not drinking- working out an hour a day, drinking more water, and no iPhone use until my kids are in bed) - I watched that video Julie posted today and the girl mentioned healthy motivation and I agree. I feel like when I drink - even totally moderately my health and fitness goals go by the wayside.
  • donimfp
    Options
    Good to see you @crazykatlady820. Thanks for the insight for us relative beginners. Sending you wishes for strength. Welcome back.
  • lpru2608
    lpru2608 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in for March!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think I need black sneakers now. I heard they pair well with my sparkling water! ;-)
    :)