Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    FattieBabs wrote: »
    Home alone tonigh so had salmon with harissa paste, broccoli and rice noodles. 3 glasses of water and one cup of tea. oH comes home from a rehearsal and immediately said “would you like a glass of wine”. I said “no!” Rather more forcefully than I intended but he didn’t ask again and the force of my remark made me feel strangely powerful. I need to hold onto that!

:D Sometimes you have to say it like that!!!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    For those struggling with feeling like they’ve lost the newness and excitement of the early honeymoon phase of being AF or cutting way back like many of us have... I have some thoughts. From reading many of your posts about other health goals, it seems like many of you have recently started here on MFP or have been here off and on, or here but with up and down success on the weight loss front.

Just wanted to say, I’ve been here for about 5 years, lost the weight I set out to lose and am now in maintenance. I’ve literally logged in every single day of that 5 years, most days logging all my food. I know without a doubt that the consistency of that is what made me able to achieve my weight loss goal and keep it off fairly effortlessly, but I liken what many are saying about the months of cutting back on drinking not being fun and exciting to what many people say about maintenance. Losing weight is fun because you have constant rewards when you step on the scale. When you stop losing and just try to stick within a maintenance range, it’s not as exciting. No little rewards. But knowing after years of being here and participating in this community how many people lose weight and gain it back, it’s almost always because they lose focus in maintenance, they stop logging, or stop weighing, or just stop being mindful of food.

The key, I think? It needs to become a habit. It needs to become the norm to do these healthier things rather than the exception. Whether that be to eat within your calorie goal, to get in exercise when you don’t feel motivated, or to stick with the amount of alcohol you’ve decided is right and healthy for you.

Thanku that's really enlightening. Id luv to share this i hope u dont mind. I think it'll help others too.
    Very well written and very true. Thanks for sharing with us..xo
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Very wise @WinoGelato. Thanks for that. Love your name.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I wrecked my car yesterday morning, which would have been a run to the bottle as soon as I got home from work in the past. Don't get me wrong, I almost said 'eff work and picked up a bottle and just went home and back to bed. But I cried was pissed at myself and stuck it out the whole day instead. I even ran after work to de-stress in 30 degrees bone chilling wind. I came home to hubby drinking and by 7 pm I was staving and was able to not touch it at all. I like reminding myself that there are other outlets to us rather then drinking. A good "ol sweat session works just as well, with no hangover and actually benefiting results! Happy Friday gang!

That's awful. I hope you are okay. Great job on both the run and avoiding the alcohol though!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    For those struggling with feeling like they’ve lost the newness and excitement of the early honeymoon phase of being AF or cutting way back like many of us have... I have some thoughts. From reading many of your posts about other health goals, it seems like many of you have recently started here on MFP or have been here off and on, or here but with up and down success on the weight loss front.

Just wanted to say, I’ve been here for about 5 years, lost the weight I set out to lose and am now in maintenance. I’ve literally logged in every single day of that 5 years, most days logging all my food. I know without a doubt that the consistency of that is what made me able to achieve my weight loss goal and keep it off fairly effortlessly, but I liken what many are saying about the months of cutting back on drinking not being fun and exciting to what many people say about maintenance. Losing weight is fun because you have constant rewards when you step on the scale. When you stop losing and just try to stick within a maintenance range, it’s not as exciting. No little rewards. But knowing after years of being here and participating in this community how many people lose weight and gain it back, it’s almost always because they lose focus in maintenance, they stop logging, or stop weighing, or just stop being mindful of food.

The key, I think? It needs to become a habit. It needs to become the norm to do these healthier things rather than the exception. Whether that be to eat within your calorie goal, to get in exercise when you don’t feel motivated, or to stick with the amount of alcohol you’ve decided is right and healthy for you.

Beautiful, motivating post!