Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Never had Polar seltzer until someone posted about it. Whoever that was thank you! It's a great 'fixing dinner' beverage to replace the glass of wine. The lime is refreshing.
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did pretty good this past weekend for me. I did drink on Friday night but kept it to a minimum and wasn't hungover on Saturday. I don't even think about drinking on the weeknights anymore. My sister didn't feel too good after drinking last Friday night so we will probably not even drink this Friday. I'm going to a concert this coming up Sunday so I might have a beer or two while there if someone buys them for me, otherwise it doesn't matter! :)
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    wine is my go-to! I usually drink about a bottle a week (a glass or so after work with my dinner). I haven't bought any the last 2 weeks, so I haven't had anything to drink. I am probably going to drink all of my calories this weekend though... I am going out with girlfriends Friday night for happy hour. Then Sunday, we are having a crawfish boil, so I am going to get MichUltra instead of a carb heavy beer.
  • bocasdelgrandpabob
    bocasdelgrandpabob Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Got some good exercise. 850 or so of climb. Maybe 500 cal. But alas... 50 ml of spirit. But that actually is another notch of reduction for me.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    So much positivity here! I’ve gained so much from this amazing group. As an English teacher, I have seen too much harm from censorship. I wish you all well and will continue to feel a connection with like-minded and non-judgmental people fighting the good fight. Will continue to draw strength from this group when in Italy next week. I am perhaps wrong but what I saw was a well-meaning and kind soul go down on social media and I feel I would be wise to withdraw from a group that has been a lifeline for me since Jan. 1. Thank you, Julie!

<3<3
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I realized my thank you to Julie could be read as sarcasm. That’s the problem with written communication. I mean a sincere thank you to Julie for the awesome community you have created. In reading each other’s posts I urge putting the most compassionate spin possible on them. As the divine Mary Gauthier observes, we can all “use a little mercy now.”

<3