March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    6 miles with 8×400 at speed 400 rest interval.

exercise.png

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Went out after and did a nice 16 through melt, so much melt. At one point I was just running straight through the mud because eff it, mud has killed exactly zero people that I know, and then I came across these three beautifully attired lady hikers doing everything but make blood sacrifices to avoid stepping in puddles. Pretty sure I alarmed them in my half-mudded tights and general dishevelment. Jessica's ability to woman stands at a solid zero :#

I read something yesterday about how to tell a road runner from a trail runner - the road runners are the ones doing everything they can to avoid the puddles.....

>:)

@JessicaMcB The smile on your daughters face is priceless. @girlinahat I so agree. Road runners avoid puddles by not going out before, during or after any thing that might create a wet spot. Trail runners we be " WooHoo Perfect conditions ". Also shoes that others would call road/track are just trail shoes with reduced traction. Every pair of shoes I use have been off the beaten path. Unfortunately due to multiple Freeze-Thaw cycles this winter our local bush trails are still *kitten* Deep in Multilayered Ice Crusted smush :( . The Riverbak trail is cut in half by a construction site - so frustrating detouring on roads through an industrial area.
  • DauntlessDiva
    DauntlessDiva Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tapering for LA Marathon:

YTD:
    26,529’ gain
    266 miles

Mar10
    10mi road with Sabrina in 2:02!

Mar9
    5.01mi trail with Ta’Mara
    918ft gain 869ft loss
    1:11:24
    14’13/mi pace
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I love the pic @jessicamcb!

Congrats on your wonderful weight loss @mommarobb!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Awesome pic @JessicaMcB. I plan on taking both kids out running once the ice is a little less.

@juliet3455 Your trails sound like most of the sidewalks in my neighbourhood these days. I detoured off on to some of the gravel trails near my place on Saturday and they were in far better condition than the sidewalks, where I had to choose between skating and swimming. (I don't mind the wet so much but damn the water was cold...)

@polskagirl01 Hope you are feeling better.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 Man! Glad Kody came back safe!!!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    3/1 = rest day
    3/2 = 2 slow miles with the dog
    3/3 = rest day
    3/4 = 13 miles - Alamo 1/2 Marathon
    3/5 = 2 miles - Attempt # 2 at trying to "run" with my dog.
    3/6 = 9 miles - easy pace
    3/7 = 2 miles - Attempt #3 at trying to run with my dog
    3/8 = Vinyasa yoga class & 6 miles
    3/9 = 14 miles
    3/10 = rest day
    3/11 = 7 miles - walk/run intervals with the running group
    3/12 = Strength training at the gym

I usually run a few miles on Monday mornings before weight training but daylight savings time kicked my butt. I just couldn't get up at "5am" this morning.

March Goal Miles = 150 / 55 Miles Completed

Upcoming Races:
    4/7/18 = Outlaw Half Marathon
    10/28/18 = Austin Haunted Half
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

orphia Tacklewasher I'm finally going to be a parkrunner. A parkrun has recently been set up very close to my home. They've been doing test runs for a couple of months now and they're finally going 'live' on March 31st. I've got my barcode and I'm ready to run.

At ours, they have a tray you can leave your barcode in so you don't forget it. My wife laminated ours so they hold up better than a piece of paper.