March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    @garygse I know a ways back you were looking at hydration packs? Curious did you buy something and if you did your pick and current review of the product. Thanks.

Not that you asked for my two cents... but I love my Orange Mud double quiver. It takes a few runs to get used to it, but damn is it ever more comfortable than a traditional hydration pack! ❤️

I recently acquired one myself and with my cold weather gear it is working well, but I am concerned when summer comes and I am in my sleeveless top that it might chaff.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Re: knees, I busted my knees cycling (had my seat too low for too long and pedaling too hard) and then fixed them through running. People look at me funny when I tell this story. But I guess it's a common myth, and people fish for the first excuse they can find for not joining us in the pursuit of love and life and all that jazz.

I too had my seat too low, for my entire life apparently. What a difference it made when I moved it up and I could finally use my entire range of leg motion!
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    @garygse I know a ways back you were looking at hydration packs? Curious did you buy something and if you did your pick and current review of the product. Thanks.

Not that you asked for my two cents... but I love my Orange Mud double quiver. It takes a few runs to get used to it, but damn is it ever more comfortable than a traditional hydration pack! ❤️

Thanks for your recommendation as well as @PastorVincent comments and it will be something to consider. Will be sure to give it a look.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,746 Member
    Options
    Dang internet....I’ll have to update my ticker once my laptop decides to connect. Wanted to get in 13 miles today but when my alarm went off at 1:30 I hit snooze. My first thought was why the hell is my alarm going off. Lol. Got out the door about 3 and was able to knock down 10.51 miles.

Now I feel like such a slug for not getting up when my alarm went off at 4 am!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Dang internet....I’ll have to update my ticker once my laptop decides to connect. Wanted to get in 13 miles today but when my alarm went off at 1:30 I hit snooze. My first thought was why the hell is my alarm going off. Lol. Got out the door about 3 and was able to knock down 10.51 miles.

Getting up at 0130 would be epic. Getting up at 0300 is still pretty awesome. That's about an hour before I get up for my weekday runs. Great job!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    3/1 - Rest / sick
    3/2 - Rest / sick
    3/3 - 4.25 miles. Beautiful day to run!
    3/4 - 4.5 miles. Wanted to do more, but ran out of gas.
    3/5 - Rest.
    3/6 - 4 treadmill miles. Trek class with a new instructor. She really likes inclines.
    3/7 - 4 treadmill miles.
    3/7 - Kids wanted to go to Y after dinner. So I did 30 minutes of weights and abs.
    3/8 - 4.1 treadmill miles. Trek class. Fewer hills, lots of tempo...fun!
    3/9 - Rest / travel day.
    3/10 - 3.1 treadmill miles, then quick strength. Rickety hotel treadmill.
    3/11 - Rest / travel day.
    3/12 - 6.2 miles. Gorgeous afternoon to run.

30.15/80
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

1/3: 1.96kms (walk at lunch)
    2/3: Nothing besides 10K+ steps
    3/3: REST
    4/3: 4.95kms (C25K: Wk1 Day1), felt great to get back out there despite the cold + 30 mins yoga stretches
    5/3: 4.52kms (brisk walk)
    6/3: 30 mins yoga stretches
    7/3: 5.03kms (brisk walk with a little running on a flat surface)
    8/3: 10K+ steps + 8 mins of circuit training (tried a new app, Lose Weight in 30 Days)
    9/3: 10K+ steps
    10/3: REST
    11/3: REST
    12/3: 10K+ steps + 8 mins of circuit training
    13/3: 8 mins of circuit training (so far, will go for a walk after work if the snow lets up)

TOTAL : 16.46 / 50 kms goal

Races:

19/4-30/4: Zombies Run! App 2018 Spring Virtual Run
    22/9: “Coureurs des Bois” Obstacle Course Challenge (not signed up yet)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Beneficiary of a snow day without much snow yet. I got in 8 miles of slushy running as I purposely avoided puddles. The wind and wet snow pelted my face on the four miles out mostly uphill which lead to an easy 4 mile return downhill with the wind to my back.

exercise.png

I love when it works out like that!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Now I feel like such a slug for not getting up when my alarm went off at 4 am!

I sometimes feel like a slug when I see post about getting up at 3 or 4 in the morning. But then I remind myself that I go to bed around 10:30-11, so if my alarm went off at 1:30 I would have only been in bed about 3 hours and I need more sleep than that to function, much less run.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Making progress, but still not sure I will complete this month or not. Fingers crossed.

3/3: 1.2
    3/6: 3.1
    3/7: 1.5
    3/9: 1.5
    3/10: 2.0
    3/11: 3.8
    3/12: 3.0

Total = 16.10
    Goal= 30

you're over halfway and less than halfway through the month. You got this!