March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn @Teresa502 If I’m still in bed by 4 there’s no way I’d be able to have the energy or motivation to run. Plus less traffic and pollution....can’t beat that.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    So I might be unintentionally tappering this week. Will not get a run in today either. I do have three races on Saturday... so maybe this is a good thing?

Nah. :(
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 that is my favorite running conditions! So beautiful and peaceful to run in the snow. I would wait for the streets to be plowed first though.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @Sparx_81 hopefully being part of this thread will help you get through. A running habit it almost as tough to start as it is to break.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I have a stupid question for Garmin users. Specifically FR35. How do I set up an interval run if I want to have a warm up and a cool down? I have set my workout up on the watch and the option is to turn on or turn off the warm up and cool down. I turned both on. When I am actually doing the run do I have to manually stop the warm up to start the intervals? I'm probably not asking my question well and it will probably be easier when I am actually running. I just don't want to lose my data in the middle of my run. Typically when I do a run I just hit start at the beginning and stop at the end and don't mess with any buttons during the run. I guess I'm nervous about deleting my run.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I have a stupid question for Garmin users. Specifically FR35. How do I set up an interval run if I want to have a warm up and a cool down? I have set my workout up on the watch and the option is to turn on or turn off the warm up and cool down. I turned both on. When I am actually doing the run do I have to manually stop the warm up to start the intervals? I'm probably not asking my question well and it will probably be easier when I am actually running. I just don't want to lose my data in the middle of my run. Typically when I do a run I just hit start at the beginning and stop at the end and don't mess with any buttons during the run. I guess I'm nervous about deleting my run.

I don't know about the FR35, but on the 220, you press the lap button at the end of your warm up and the intervals start. Your cool down begins automatically after your last interval (including the rest) ends and then you just stop it at the end of the run like normal.

ETA: To start the run, you have to chose "Do Workout" from the "Intervals" menu. If you just hit start, it will just start a normal run. Again, this is for the FR220, so I don't know for sure that your will be the same.
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

I don't know about the FR35, but on the 220, you press the lap button at the end of your warm up and the intervals start. Your cool down begins automatically after your last interval (including the rest) ends.

Thanks @lporter229. Like most things, I am probably overthinking this. LOL
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I don't know about the FR35, but on the 220, you press the lap button at the end of your warm up and the intervals start. Your cool down begins automatically after your last interval (including the rest) ends.

No, it's a good question. i have hit the wrong button many times and messed things up. It doesn't usually end up deleting my run, but it still makes for wacky stats!
  • kgirlhart
    Options

No, it's a good question. i have hit the wrong button many times and messed things up. It doesn't usually end up deleting my run, but it still makes for wacky stats!

Thanks again. There is a "do workout" option so I will be sure to start it that way. I guess I'll give it a try this afternoon and see how it goes.