WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Meg ~ We took our pile of papers from over 20 yrs ago to a business that shreds. It was quick and not too expensive. I hate the sound of the home shredder. Reminds me of going to the dentist.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Laura- Happy Birthday to you and your Granddaughter! It sounds like you have a fantastic day planned for Celebrating <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Janet, congratulations on selling the eggs. Were they sold through the store?

Janet, Okie and Laura (and anyone I missed), doing the Snoopy happy dance for your weight loss!

Laura, hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration!

Shoveled snow off the deck when I got home. Thought I’d better get what was there off as we have more coming.

Terry in VT
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Laura Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Terry
    langman22 wrote: »
    The ice icicles keep growing .b9cvmn5fwpxi.jpeg
    rc7ma10lznvp.jpeg

Here in Minnesota this could be the sign of an ice dam. What causes this is the heat from your home goes into the attic. If there is not enough insulation it causes the snow on you roof to melt and causes the icicles and ice dams. You might need to get professionals to remove it. Without removal it can cause water damage to your interior.

I hope I am wrong.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.05min, 138mhr, 11.1amph. 1.5mi= 80c
    apple watch- didn't record
    SKI MACHINE- 15min, lvl6, 131ahr, 126mhr, 20resist, .66mi= 111c
    apple watch- 106c
    STAIRSTEPPER- 10min, 54floors, lvl10, 861steps, 137mhr= 93c
    apple watch- 98c
    fl exercises- 13.12min, 1sets 15ea, 7 diff exer, 146mhr= 117c
    apple watch- 109c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.43min, 15.3amph, 137mhr, 1.4mi= 76c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 18.17min, 10amph, 141mhr, 3mi= 160c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.06min, 9.57min mi, 139ahr, 152mhr .5mi= 60c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.33min, 9.57min mi, 150mhr, .4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.02min, 8.2amph, 158mhr, 2.6mi= 188c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 938
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - I have never been able to touch my toes. Not ever. I have the tightest hamstrings this side of the Atlantic. You have them on that side of the Atlantic....lol

I've gotten to where I prefer the taste of the low sodium cottage cheese. I tried the no salt cottage cheese once when I was up by Jess and didn't like it. I think that's because my taste buds were expecting salt. If I'd had it for a while, I'd probably get used to it

I've never been able to touch my toes either. I got close during the 2 winters I took yoga classes. They actually helped quite a bit ... but that was more than a decade ago.

Over the next 2 weeks, I really need to work at loosening everything up. I'm planning to visit my chiro and if I can, I'll book a massage therapy session. Plus my foam roller.

I suspect my back pain while cycling has to do with everything just tightening up too much.

I actually salt my full-sodium cottage cheese. After work each weekday, I measure out 100 grams of cottage cheese, salt it, then cut up cucumbers and other raw veggies and mix them in, and salt them all. And that's my after work snack. :)

Machka in Oz
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Laura Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

Terry
    langman22 wrote: »
    The ice icicles keep growing .b9cvmn5fwpxi.jpeg
    rc7ma10lznvp.jpeg

Here in Minnesota this could be the sign of an ice dam. What causes this is the heat from your home goes into the attic. If there is not enough insulation it causes the snow on you roof to melt and causes the icicles and ice dams. You might need to get professionals to remove it. Without removal it can cause water damage to your interior.

I hope I am wrong.

The icicles are because one day it’s warmer then turns cold again. Yesterday the sun was out and it felt much warmer. Today back to snow and cold.