WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I was referring to me not the dog when I said thunder thighs. Lol
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    M - it wouldn't surprise me one bit if your back pain was due to your tight hamstrings. I'm sure that's what is causing some of my back pain. You probably need extra sodium with all the bike riding you do

Terry - I still don't see any thunder thighs. When we lived in the Poconos there were some people who actually had heaters in their gutters to prevent a build up of ice.

Well, the dishwasher just finished and both of those couplers were at the bottom of the dishwasher. Next time I use them I think I'm going to have to put them in some sort of bag to wash them as the one that I know I put in where I could put a cover on it was at the bottom of the dishwasher.

Michele in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Michele, too bad about the dragonfly, all that work gone in a split second... good attitude tho, you are right about the colour choices not having to be made again!

Terry, so sorry to hear about your cousins wife. My hope is that her pain can be controlled and that she not suffer.
    That brass necklace is lovely! I didn't see any thunder thighs either!

Janetr, congrats on selling a couple of your eggs, they really are very pretty.

Heather, so nice that you were able to spend some time with your friend. Also, congrats on your running! I agree with the person who said that it doesn't matter how long it took you to run the 5k, the fact is that you RAN it! That is a huge accomplishment!

Congrats to those who are celebrating victories! HUGS to those who need them! My wi is tomorrow, I don't think it will be a good one. My eating habits this past week have left a lot to be desired. My biggest hope is that I haven't gained much. Time will tell...

Hope everyone has a great day/night.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Janet, congratulations on selling the eggs. Were they sold through the store?

Terry in VT

Thank you, I sold them on my FB ornament site. The store doesn't open until April 2nd.

Janetr OKC
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    B)<3:D
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Michelle here in Minnesota when a new roof is needed you have to have an extra layer of black tarp placed at the roof line to prevent the damage ice can cause if it backs up under your roof. It is code here. Ice can back up under the roof and without that extra protection the water seeps down into your walls and can cause major damage to interior walls. Yes heaters in your gutters can also prevent such damage. As I said earlier one of the best ways to prevent ice dams here is to have enough roof insulation so the heat from your home does not melt the snow on the roof. We are starting to melt the massive amount of snow here but our home does not have those kind of icicles. If it did I would be calling in a professional to get rid of the ice.

We still have lots of snow on the ground from some major storms about a week ago. I feel for the east coast because I know how awful it is to find places for that heavy wet snow and how hard it is to shovel it. I hope you can find someone with a plow or a snow blower that can handle that kind of snow. If not be careful shoveling all that snow.

:heart: Margaret

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,373 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Work today ... as usual.

Then my tutorial at uni. We have to be in groups for the tutorials this year, and I'm not fond of group work, but at this point, I seem to have ended up with a couple guys who are all right. They've both contributed and they speak reasonable English! We volunteered to present our little project and it went well. :)

By way of explanation ... the university courses here consist of:
    -- lectures for the whole class of 100-300 students. Those are anywhere from 1-3 hours depending on what the instructor wants to do.
    -- and a collection of tutorials which are labs or workshops, for anywhere from about 30-40 students of the 100-300 students in the class. They may be in the computer labs for some courses, or just small workshops or whatever, and the tutorials can be anywhere from 1-3 hours long.
    This means that the lectures are quite impersonal and there aren't much in the way of questions or anything. But because we divide up into small classes for the tutorials, those allow us to do what we're being taught, and to ask questions, and to participate more. Then they often get us to divide up into small groups and do little projects and things together.

This is a different setup from what I experienced at universities in Canada where most of my courses were just lectures.

Something else that is different from what I experienced in Canada, is the 'international-ness' of this university, and particularly the program I'm in. Out of the 100-300 students in my classes, there are hardly any Australians. In two of my recent courses, I have been the one and only Australian. The rest of my class is almost half and half Chinese and Indian (from India), with a few other Asians thrown in. This is both interesting and challenging. Interesting because I'm learning about China and India and other places ... their customs and cultures and what life is like there. Challenging because many of them struggle to speak or understand English. This means that I am often the person they want in their groups when they do group work ... simply because I can speak English. This also means that I often end up doing a lot of the work.

So it is a bit of a relief that I've ended up in a small group with a young man from China, who speaks pretty good English, and a young man from Indonesia who is a little weaker with his English, but who isn't too bad. We can communicate! :)

When we got home from work and uni, my husband and I had a lovely walk down to the beach and back ... we go several times a week but we went a little later today than usual, and it looked very much like this photo which I took in Nov 2016. :)

31017233486_be0e224b29_c.jpg

And then I had a very hot bath with Epsom salts ... and then stretched and used my foam roller. I think there might be a little more flexibility in my hamstrings ... not much, but a little. I haven't done this much stretching in years!!

Machka in Oz

Pretty picture. My DD also has students in her classes from other places. She loves all the different languages and cultures. Makes the class more interesting.

Terry