Uteruses only, no Duderuteruses.

Options

Replies

• Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I couldn't think of a better place to post this rant but this is ridiculous. I am in so much pain and it happens every month. No, its not that time...I'm just ovulating. One of I wonder how many women actually go through this. Does anyone else get ovulation pain and other than OTC meds what do you do to get rid of it? I cant stand taking meds so I usually just wait it out :/
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Sorry, no ideas on my end.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    happy Friday ladies...have a fantastic weekend. B)B)
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Fisah17 wrote: »
    I couldn't think of a better place to post this rant but this is ridiculous. I am in so much pain and it happens every month. No, its not that time...I'm just ovulating. One of I wonder how many women actually go through this. Does anyone else get ovulation pain and other than OTC meds what do you do to get rid of it? I cant stand taking meds so I usually just wait it out :/

Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to help with PMS symptoms and regulating hormones... Maybe could help the ovulation pain? I don't get ovulation pain, but it seemed to help with ongoing breast tenderness I had on my previous BC.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options

I got the mirena IUD... no periods at all for the past 8 years now. Unless you're trying to make babies, I recommend it.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options

Ovulation pain can be totally normal, but have you been examined to rule out endometriosis or an ovarian cyst? These conditions can present themselves with painful ovulation (aka "Mittelschmerz"). Is the pain worse some months than others, or more prevalent on one side?

If you'd rather not take OTC painkillers, there are a few other options that might help alleviate your monthly discomfort...

https://naturalwomanhood.org/charting-and-natural-remedies-for-mittelschmerz/
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why this sexist thread continues on the forums! #EqualRights
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    :lol:
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

It might be worth it for you to get an ultrasound done and check for uterine fibroids. They are painful, but can be removed.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I recently had a friend of mine get yelled at for breastfeeding her daughter in public. The baby is 10 months old. What are your opinions on women breastfeeding in public?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I think if you're doing it tactfully, it's not a problem.
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »

Ovulation pain can be totally normal, but have you been examined to rule out endometriosis or an ovarian cyst? These conditions can present themselves with painful ovulation (aka "Mittelschmerz"). Is the pain worse some months than others, or more prevalent on one side?

If you'd rather not take OTC painkillers, there are a few other options that might help alleviate your monthly discomfort...

https://naturalwomanhood.org/charting-and-natural-remedies-for-mittelschmerz/

This month its the right side but it varies. Its always mid cycle and I do use an app to track it so I am pretty sure that's what is going on. Read the article and it was right on track with what I'm experiencing. Yoga, essential oils and tea time until it passes :)
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I recently had a friend of mine get yelled at for breastfeeding her daughter in public. The baby is 10 months old. What are your opinions on women breastfeeding in public?

I nursed my three boys for 14-16 months a piece. I breastfed them anywhere and everywhere. I joked that everyone in northeast Florida had gotten a glimpse of my boobs one time or another, but in reality, it is very easy to nurse discretely. I had a "hooter hider" cover, and a couple of ponchos (they were in vogue when my first was born)...but I rarely fed my kids under one of those tents. Easy enough to wear a tee shirt over a nursing cami, lift the tee, lower the flap on the cami, revealing just enough nipple for baby to latch on.

But if a woman is comfortable whipping out her entire breast in public, I don't have a problem with that. We all have different levels of modesty. Not enough public places have private nursing lounges. Nobody wants to feed their baby while sitting on a toilet. I've nursed in department stores, in museums (among the Greek and Roman sculptures...plenty of exposed bosoms there already), at the beach, NFL stadiums (I was a little nervous about getting caught on camera and flashed on the Jumbotron), on amusement park rides, on planes, trains, and automobiles (I once climbed into the backseat of our minivan, and hovered, teats dangling, over my baby, who was safely strapped into his carseat, while my husband drove in I-95 traffic).

I would occasionally get disapproving looks...once, I held a nursing baby in one arm, while I nursed a margarita with the other. The woman at the next table looked horrified...as though I was mainlining tequila directly into my child. That's not how making breast milk works.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I think if you're doing it tactfully, it's not a problem.

People should look the other way. My older son didn't like getting covered up and so I didn't do it, but with the baby pressed up against your body there is nothing to see. Why should you have to go sit in a hot car or a nasty bathroom because people are nosy? I don't think covering has anything to do with modesty, not on sees anything unless they are gawking at you in my experience.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Ok, at the ripe old age of 50, I still breakout during that time of the month. My parents promised me it would stop when I got to be an adult. :angry:
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »
    Ok, at the ripe old age of 50, I still breakout during that time of the month. My parents promised me it would stop when I got to be an adult. :angry:

ikr when will it stop?
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    empresssue wrote: »

ikr when will it stop?

Apparently not until I’m dead. :disappointed: