WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Uggg...can't log food right now. Hopefully, MFP can get this taken care of like they did last night. Wonder if they can since it's Easter?

Rita - your breakfast sounds delish! I always find it a challenge to take a recipe and make it lower in calories. Would your hubby?

Was it katie who said that Brecks had the daffodils? Well, I looked there, and they have them but they don't ship until Fall. I was hoping to get them to plant around now. Guess I won't. Some of them are really pretty.

Wendy - Beauty is a lovely name and sure fits her. Do hope you get her

Vince went to church today with me. He's a C&E're. Then came home a cleaned the winshield in my car. It was badly streaked. Hope it came out OK, we'll know tomorrow when we take it out in the sunshine. Went to Lowe's Hardware to get the corrugated piping. Then put down the Wet & Forget on the deck. That takes amost all day to do.

Diane and slja - welcome, pull up a chair, pour yourself and glass of water, and jump right in

kylia - I'm going to record Jesus Christ superstar. I love that show!

Michele in NC

Michele, another source of large, high quality daffodil bulbs (but yes, for fall planting) is Brent and Becky's Bulbs. You can order now and they will deliver them at the proper planting time for your zone. They are in Gloucester, VA and they started their business with daffodils. For awhile, that was all they sold. brentandbeckybulbs*com Look under Keyword: Narcissus

Karen in Virginia

word for the year: "Pluck"
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Pat in OH- I hope you are feeling better! Use that loss as a jumping board, but be realistic that with food, your body will have to adjust. This is a journey. Glad you had a good time with family. (((Hugs)))
  • KetoneKaren
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We had a Sunday brunch with kids, grands and Mother in Law. It was nice. xcsv6mdyd0vr.jpeg
    ~Laura~

Laura Who is the adorable Little Orphan Annie on the left about 2/3 of the way down the table! Wonderful hair on that child!

K
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Barbie: Thanks for the kind words about spending time with Arrow. I'm lucky that his owner appreciates me riding him. It is a win situation for all of us. He gets more exercise & attention, I get to ride, and she also gets to ride. Neither of us has enough time to devote to him but between us he gets enough attention and exercise to stay healthy. :star:

Joyce: "Why do we have so many women here from the Pacific North West. Why can't we get some women from southern Indiana?" People out here tend to be health conscious. I have no idea why there are fewer members from Indiana. :flowerforyou:

Kim: My mom was both socially shy & touch shy, too. She was very embarrassed about her body and I wonder whether her mother shamed her. :ohwell:

Martha from N CA: Welcome! :smiley:

Wendy: It is so lucky for that filly that you are a generous and caring person. I'm sorry that she hurt herself in transport & hope she heals quickly. I agree with Lisa about the beauty of both you and your environment. Great photo! :star:

Peach: I wasn't able to upload a photo, either. :grumble:

I am up very early today because DH couldn't sleep & woke me as he got up. My plans for the day include yoga class & picking up DH's old watch from the local Fred Meyer. He took it to them for repair. They weren't able to repair it so he bought a new watch. I'm not sure what he wants to do with the old one.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
    William James

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Pat in OH- I hope you are feeling better! Use that loss as a jumping board, but be realistic that with food, your body will have to adjust. This is a journey. Glad you had a good time with family. (((Hugs)))

Kymarai Thank you,feeling fine.
    Our family Easter Saturday has pics,sweet kids,pretty flowers yesterday,but won’t work.,& gave up for now.Loving all the ones being shared.You have a beautiful family.
    Yes,my journey is slow for sure.Mostly due to medical stuff,but hey,slow is good.I don’t intend to gain.....so she said! :)

Snow yesterday,70* tomorrow......Pat in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Love the family photos, Laura and Kylia. <3

What a fabulous spot for a hike, Wendy. Do you feel safe wearing shorts? Over here we are advised always to wear tucked in long trousers because of the ticks and the diseases they bring. I'm always covered up top and bottom through fear of bites and stings as well. And sunburn. Guess I'm just a wimp, though Lymes is no fun and our nearest wild space is notorious for it. Dogs also can get some horrible fatal disease there, but nobody seems to know why. You look as if you had a great time. :D

I fiddled around with my memoir this morning, changing the title, writing out boring things like copyright page and taking out a photo. Then I had to copy it to everything, changing the file title. Grrrrrrrrrr! I am so not good at painstaking work. And a complete amateur. Still, I'm getting there.
    I'm very neurotic about backing everything up, so it all takes ages.

KJ - DDIL sent the photo from the house they have swapped with in Edinburgh. I expect the masks were just random stuff they found in the toy box up there and she took a photo to send to "Granny and Johnny". She is very good at keeping us in the loop.
    I love Runner's World. It's so well written and something for everyone, whether total beginner or advanced. Good, attractive layout. My DDIL bought one for the plane ride up to Edinburgh because I recommended it and she texted me to thank me. :D I read them on my tablet.
    I'm going to use the left over lamb today to make a curry with butternut squash, chickpeas and spinach.

Horrible, grey, boring weather here. I'm going to ride my recumbent bike and watch Holding Back the Years on BBC iplayer.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I'm glad you stopped in. I've been wondering about you. I'm sorry to hear about the sacroiliac misery. I hope you're feeling better by the minute. :flowerforyou:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    <3:)<3

Cheri, hope you're doing well. I love your smile but I do miss your "voice". Hugs. <3<3<3

Janetr OKC
  • KetoneKaren
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @MandPal

Welcome!

There are a bunch of us who used to go to WW on this thread.

It is labor intensive to log on MFP at first, but after awhile you will build up a list of foods you have previously logged. You will then be able to click on the food in your list, adjusting the amount if needed, and add it to your day's intake without looking up the food from scratch. Most of us have food scales and other measuring devices. I am a big fan of weighing food. A "tablespoon" of oil is a less precise measurement than 13g of oil weighed on a food scale, for example.

Karen in Virginia