Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Heather so sorry about your deal falling through. Here in the states it is the opposite. If someone wants to buy your home they put down earnest money non refundable. If the buyer walks away the seller keeps it. Once a price is agreed on unless there is an inspection that puts things into question the price stands. I don't understand how the buyers could change their offer like that. It creates the situation you are in now and makes it difficult for the party who was selling you their home.

There is something like a contingent offer here. I will buy your home contingent I sell mine. There are often a less desirable offer and the person making an offer on the next property often has to make it worth the sellers while to take such an offer.

Prayers that your buyers gets a dose of conscience and come through for you.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Two fairies.
    osl2z2sjygll.jpg

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

Home Is Where the Heart Is...

Lovely Fairies Three

princess36.gif fairytale11.gif fairytale16.gif
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,934 Member
    Options
    B)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I have been waking up with sore places lately, partly because I've been lifting fuchsia pots above my head to hang them. They all survived the winter, with one exception. We've had a hardy fuchsia planted under our kitchen window for years. This year it doesn't seem to be coming up. It doesn't make sense that tropical fuchsia's in pots would do better than a hardy fuchsia in the ground. We tuck the potted tropical fuchsias under our rhododendrons for the winter each year and they've survived nicely there, even when we've had snow and freezing temperatures. Advice wanted!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I don't have any advice -- my hearty fuchsia is greening up nicely.

But I do have a question -- I didn't prune the hearty fuchsia back last season, so it is getting unmanageable. I assume you did prune yours back. When did you prune it and how much did you prune it? I need to make this plant look better next year, or my husband will make me get rid of it, and I LOVE fuchsias.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    Finished my article and sent it off to the charity. Hope they like it.
    Then we filled four more big boxes of books for Oxfam. That makes 19 so far!
    Put the roast chicken on and added LOADS of veggies to the roasting pan, plus sliced some green beans. Hooray! :D

The buyer's have reduced the price of their house and have had an offer, though not quite enough to proceed. They have more viewings this weekend so one might bid a bit more. They are also pursuing a mortgage so they don't have to sell. They are obviously trying hard, so there is a glimmer of light. Their house is very competitively priced.

Katla - My fuchsia seems to have died too. It is a standard one in a pot. Amazing last year - I think I posted a pic.

Thinking of my son at the big Brighton drinks festival he has organised. <3<3<3<3

Sharon - Well done on the lawyer! I think of you and Alison every time I play the song "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson on my runs. :bigsmile:

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,672 Member
    Options
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Are Colby and Jess a pair. You may have explained before but I can't remember.

Went to a huge upscale shopping area with college girlfriends today and ate at a somewhat fancy restaurant. I would never have found the place and the traffic was terrible as there were turns and twists throughout the shopping center and nothing but 4 way stop signs to help traffic move. But, it was fun seeing my long time friends and I was happy to have gone. Kay from GA ~ You have probably been there or heard of it. It is called Avalon and is in the Alpharetta vicinity.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    got a little bit of a nap in.. my office manager texted me and wanted me to work friday, I had already planned on going up to Maine on Friday, but she wanted me to work, Mary will work on her own on Friday afternoon, but knowing her she will be nasty to me the rest of the week... because I have plans, and she is a smother, meaning she has one son that is graduating in June and she is just to involved in his life and smothers him, I am sure he can't wait until he goes off to college.
    today was a knock around day.. ,will go to the movie tonight..