WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)

Anyone familiar with the Carb Manager App (for Android)?

Cheri
    in sunny College Station, TX

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Busy last couple of weeks we were out of town in Chicago and two birthdays and a flower show when I got back. We also had mice upon our return. I figure they came in because of our massive snow storm. Just starting to feel as if I caught up some.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    2sihoy3jh08z.jpg
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wendy, very inspiring story. Thank you for sharing.
    Dana and Machka, keeping you and your loved ones in my thoughts.
    Pip, congrats on being debt free! I too am fortunate enough to be debt free and it is such a nice feeling!
    Heather, sounds like the flu to me! Hope it's short lived! Trying to send positive "buying" vibes across the ocean for you!
    Rye, I have to say I think the comment "insufficiently nasty" is a compliment!
    Allie, I think you need to cut your sil out of your life. I do understand that you want to keep your brother in your life, but if all he's doing is causing you grief and anxiety....... Maybe they both need to just be ignored for awhile. Don't answer the phone when they call, don't listen to any messages they leave, "hide" them on Facebook, if you use it with them.
    Oy! once again I have read far too many posts to comment on more than just a few. Please know that I do chuckle at the funny stories, ooh and aah over the babies (human or not!) and think of you as I read your trials and tribulations and cheer when you have victories!
    I have given up on the weighing in only once a week, I was hoping that would keep me better on track, but it wasn't so I'm back to everyday. Haven't been doing that long enough to know if it's making a difference or not! Will find out Wed on the "official" day.
    My son was "not happy" with our decision to not want to bring Mil and Bil to the wedding and to ask someone else to do it. I was hoping that he'd understand us wanting to enjoy the day without having to babysit two people who don't like crowds or changes in their routines. Sigh. Oh well, it is what it is and we will soldier on. On a high note, I recently found out that our younger son will be moving back here! I'm very happy that he'll be so much closer, that we'll see him more than once a year and that he won't be moving back in with us! That may sound terrible to some, hubby and I both love the boy dearly but neither of us have any desire to live with him again. He is a good kid, but he's loud and just seems to be a large presence in any room, even tho he's not a big guy. Well, he's tall, but he's like hubby was at that age, a stringbean.
    Welcome to the newbies, hugs for those who need them and congrats to those celebrating.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where it's raining today (grrrr.... I was enjoying the sunshine! lol)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue: We went to a new restaurant in town that is close to home. The people are nice and the view is spectacular, but the food is not a particular attraction. It isn't awful, but it isn't special, either. I would happily go there for a glass of wine and companionship. We both saw friends & acquaintances there. :heart:

Rebecca: Your DH is passing along good information about vodka and turmeric. He isn't silly. Tell him thank you for the information. :star:

Heather: I hope you are feeling better soon. Thank goodness this didn't happen during your upcoming trip. (((HUGS)))

Wendy: Thank you so much for telling us about the amazing recovery of your neighbor's daughter. We need a bit of good news now and then. This put a smile on my face. :bigsmile:

Lenora: I love seeing you post again. I will probably say this over again for weeks. :star:

Lanette: I hope the gallbladder woes evaporate in the mist. (((HUGS)))

We're having a good day today. We went to a new restaurant and enjoyed seeing the view, we got some needed shopping done, AND we had a call from our son. WIN, WIN ,WIN!

:heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Barbie
    - Hope Jake was cleared of his post surgery restrictions

Leonora - Hi and thankyou. Iam from Perth Western Australia

Michelle
    - Hugs - watching children leave to live their dreams is very hard

Felicia
    - They look so happy together which is all that counts

Machka9
    - I am doing the "Mothers day classic" which raises funds for breast cancer in a few weeks. It is 4 km run/walk and I will walk. Not done one for 4 years and then I used to run - perhaps one day again

Kylia - Over here in Perth, it is more of a rental market than a landlords market. Where a renter has 6 - 10 houses to choose from. People are dropping rents and introducing 1 week free etc

Okie - Love it - Now that yo have re-found them, will they be calling you. I know anything like that in my freezer would

Heather - I think your stats are wonderful and I do not think you need to explain yourself. The fact that you are doing it is terrific I hope you feel better soon

Dana _ Nice picture of your parents - they look happy

Mallie Glad you sorted it out with your brother

Pip _ Well done - I imagine it is such a relief. I am determined to be like that before 60 as well

Rebecca
    - They sell turmeric here in containers that you drink straight away and market it as it helps with arthritis, so I will be keen to see how you get on

It is Sunday here. Nice sunny weather. Jess the wonder dog and I will take a walk soon and leave Pola at home. Pola was out all day yesterday working the sheep with DH - so I will leave Pola home with DH

Take care every

Trish from OZ
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Pip, Snoopy dance for you being debt free. What a great feeling.

Heather, hope you feel better soon. Still enjoying your book.

Allie, glad you patched it up with your brother. Keep the SIL are arms length. She sounds toxic.

Was a slug all day and just ate and watched tv. My eating is out of control. I think I’m more nervous about the MRI results than I think. Tuesday I’ll know the results.

Well ready for bed. I’ve been doing sudoku in the evenings before I start to read. It seems to be helping with concentration.

Hugs for those that need them. Welcome to all newbies. Congratulations to those that are rocking it.

Terry in VT where it is finally spring!