April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    But I always wear a black headband! I hope those cops don't come round my neck of the woods. Though I am wearing white socks, so I might get away with it.

I really needed mine today, eyes were stinging good when I was doing my cool down. Left it in my bag back at the gym though...

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    4/1: 2.5 miles
    4/2: 3.1 miles
    4/3: ST, walk 1 mile
    4/6: ST, 3 miles
    4/7: 3.5 miles
    4/8: 6 miles
    4/9: ST, walk 1 mile
    4/10: 3 miles
    4/12: 3 miles

Total Running for April: 24.1/60

I really needed to run after my work day. We have an audit next week, and my staff are acting ridiculous lately. I ran 3 miles in my new pair of shoes that arrived yesterday. I’ve been wearing Mizuno Waveriders for a couple of years, but it always makes me happy to get a fresh pair! My new running shorts did not excite me as much. They rode up a bit more than I liked...hope my neighbors enjoyed the show! :wink:

Upcoming Races:
    Phoenix Rising 5k 4/21
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp I would be too giddy to sleep!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp - so exciting just to know you!

I looked up the ER doctor I have had several bad experiences with, on the suggestion of a friend that I find out if he had anyone suing him, etc, so I would know more about who I was dealing with before getting involved. No one is suing him but he has a solid one star rating on webmd - seven other people have bothered finding him online and ranking him as badly as possible in every category. So, I guess I'm not completely alone! I'm gonna call the patient advocate and ask for their suggestion as to how to proceed.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    1) Killer from Florida? I need more details. (I'm a bit of a true crime buff. I have this idea or two but no time to work on them. And no, not killing ;) )

2) For some reason I feel like @PastorVincent sounds more like a secret service agent in all black with those sunglasses.

3) I have to eat like every 2 hours. I take in at least 2 gus during a half. I'm slow and my fastest half was around 2:30.

I skimmed so I probs missed a bunch.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    7.8 miles, slowly shaving off those minutes.
    exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso here you go.

http://whnt.com/2018/04/12/us-marshals-local-law-enforcement-continue-to-search-for-murder-suspect/

He’s still at large.

Update: Just had a news update, they killed him in Pennsylvania. So while we had a perimeter around a wooden area here he was traveling to PA.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    good 7 this am looks like I was in zone 3 but it felt easy so I'm wondering if I may need to adjust my zones.

exercise.png
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    They pull me aside get my name/etc and tell me that someone called... get this... someone called up and reported "a man in black running."

Besides the poor guy probably has to write up a full report about how he handled the man in black running down the street. Ah well.

And yes, I plan to run that same route tomorrow, cept I might add a black headband. :lol:

If it's like Alberta The report the Sheriff's have to fill out can be a nightmare or a really funny read. The description the Sheriff's received is very common ie very poor. Had a mental image of you with a headband that had Racoon Eyes on it. :D
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    It's my first time and I never run so won't set a goal but it will set me up for next month :)
    Welcome! We all started like you. Many of us started with Couch to 5K (I did!) Your userid is making me hungry for this amazing Vegan bakery in Orlando. My daughter always goes there when she comes to town. It's not very close to me, so I never go.

Rest day for me today ... or rebuild muscle day.
    I was reading in my latest Women's Running magazine about protein and I am definitely not getting enough. So going to focus on that more. Since I am 56 and exercise a lot I should have about 1.4- 1.5 grams times my weight. I'm only eating about 1/3 - 1/2 of that.

I decided to upgrade to the Premium MFP a few days ago. I've used it for so many years and kept the weight off (other than slight fluctuations) and decided I wanted to check out some of the premium features. I hardly pay for any apps and I thought what the heck - give it a try.

4/1 - 3.65 miles to Buckingham Palace, + strength training W9-B
    4/2 -Tabatas in the hotel gym
    4/3 - 5 miles Hyde Park
    4/4 - strength training + 1 mile treadmill
    4/5 - 5 miles Hyde Park - last day in London
    4/6 - rest/travel day
    4/7 - 4 miles on treadmill
    4/8 - 25 miles cycling + strength training W9-C
    4/9 - 5 miles
    4/10 - strength training w9-D
    4/11 - 5 miles + strength training W10-A
    4/12 - 5 miles
    4/13 - recovery/rebuild muscle day!

exercise.png

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I feel so horribly unsupportive of you all! I am way behind, with little hope of catching up.

@skippygirlsmom - Glad you are feeling well enough to go against the doctor's orders :wink:
    @eponine1984 - Know we are all thinking of and praying for you!
    @elise4270 - Keep your chin up! Your attitude has been excellent...I have no doubt you'll get back to running.
    @7lenny7 - Not sure about 90's either...yesterday running at 67° felt super hot after this extended winter we've been having.

I am cranky this morning because I did my final pre-HM long run early yesterday, due to pending weather and a business trip coming up. HM is on 4/22. During my run, I mostly felt good, but the hills were hard. Toward the end, felt some "hot spots" on both feet. Well, I have huge blisters on both second toes. I know it probably isn't a big deal, but I don't want to have to not run for the next several days for something so annoying. Any tips? Leave them or drain them? Moleskin pads? Suck it up? Have to admit, I've never had to deal with this before.

4/1 - Start month on rest day, plus it's Easter = no burn + a lot of calories / hot cross buns.
    4/2 - 4 treadmill miles + upper body weights/abs.
    4/3 - Unplanned rest day.
    4/4 - 4 treadmill miles, then weights and abs.
    4/5 - 4.25 treadmill miles. Trek Class.
    4/6 - Unplanned rest day (Grrr!)
    4/7 - 11 miles. Flat, windy, fun.
    4/8 - 3.5 mile treadmill recovery, then weights and abs.
    4/9 - Planned rest / life day.
    4/10 - 4 treadmill miles. Trek Class, included 20 straight minutes of alternating moderate/tempo incline. Ouch.
    4/11 - 11 miles. Hot (relatively), but mostly comfortable.

45.75/110
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 I don't think the blossoms had much in the way of fragrance. I didn't even notice it on Friday when it was windy and they attacked me :D

(supposed to be a pic of the attack but I don't know what is going on with the upload option! stupid file won't upload)

Tomorrow is a 5k in my town that I can walk to. I'll be doing it just for fun, and they have bbq and beer afterwards, woohoo. Supposed to be a high of 74 tomorrow and the race doesn't start until 11am so I'm kinda bummed about running in the warm weather, lol. Sunday is only a high of 41 though, so that'll be more comfortable for my long run. Kinda crazy that there's a 33 degree difference in high temps within two days.

Date Miles Notes
    4/1/18 3.1 ----lunch run
    4/2/18 0
    4/3/18 0
    4/4/18 4 ----4 miles + zumba
    4/5/18 0 ----rest
    4/6/18 0 ----did walk all over the National Mall and more of D.C. though
    4/7/18 0 ----a bit more D.C. walking
    4/8/18 10.1 ----Cherry Blossom 10 Mile
    4/9/18 0 ----rest
    4/10/18 3.1 ----lunchtime run
    4/11/18 0 ----rest
    4/12/18 4 ----lunchtime run - t-shirt weather!

Total: 24.3