April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    10.5 miles on treadmill this am.
    Last 3 runs on treadmill while on vacation in Pittsburgh. @PastorVincent city has quite a few hills, I can see where all the elevation in his runs comes from.
    @kgirlhart Happy 50th.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - Okay, so you have a hero who is stipulated to be stronger and faster than normal humans. And he runs through the woods faster than non-runner humans. Heck, I've seen guys who are *slower* than me on the road blow past me on the trails. Sounds pretty realistic to me, within the context that it is a work of fantasy.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    April 2 – 5.01 miles
    April 4 – 5.05 miles + 1 mile at bootcamp
    April 6 – 3.4 miles
    April 7 – 6.3 miles
    April 9 – 5.2 miles
    April 11 – 5.06 miles
    April 14 – 12.06 miles
    April 16 – 5.06 miles
    April 18 – 5.05 miles

@7lenny7 – thanks for sharing the video. That was a pretty big starting group.
    @MobyCarp – I love “So I ran to be able to keep running.” Great race report!
    @greyparks206 – I hate it when works zaps all my good ju-ju! Hope today is better.
    @kgirlhart – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Donuts?

This morning’s run took in the hilly route. After bootcamp last night, my legs were feeling slow and sluggish. The weather was a nice 40F with no snow, no rain, so I’ll take it!

exercise.png
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Umm.... running single-track is far more enjoyable than roads, IMO.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @PastorVincent Umm.... running single-track is far more enjoyable than roads, IMO.

I will find out in umm 26 days, at my debut ultra, a 50k trail race. :lol:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    rks zaps all my good ju-ju! Hope today is better.
    @kgirlhart – HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Donuts?

I missed that it was your birthday @kgirlhart ! Hope it was wonderful!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp What an excellent race report! Way to not only persevere through such adverse conditions, but you crushed it. I love your account of the streets of Boston. My daughter went to school there for two years, so I'm familiar with some of it, especially Mass Ave, Kenmore, and the finish on Boylston. We used to stay at the Sheraton Back Bay when we'd come to visit her.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @kgirlhart !!!!

Congratulations to @Ohhim !
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So funny story.

Most of you know I am a published author, well someone read one of my books and in it was a part talking about the hero running through the woods. This woman actually wrote me an email complaining and tell me how unrealistic it was for anyone to run in the woods. She was like "have you ever even tried it? It is impossible!"

So hats off to all our trail runners in this thread. You are doing the impossible!

I just call it Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

Best answer. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @lporter229 I love when what feels like a crappy run turns into a really nice one. Males the whole rest of the day better.

@RunsOnEspresso What challenge did you do? I simply must get serious about more strength work.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 It seemed easier this morning but I think that was because I was still half asleep. LOL

@fitoverfortymom It was a challenge from the company I bought a few strength training programs from. She runs it once a year in January. I am now trying to decide if I do one of her 12 week programs over a longer period of time or switch to something else for marathon training. I only want to do two days and her plans are 4-5 days of lifting.