Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    My scale was playing with my emotions this morning. I stepped on and it first said 177, I thought that can't be right. Let it reset and stepped on again 184, I thought that's disappointing. Again let it reset, 183.2 - I'll take it.

I don't know what I really weighed this morning, but man that 177 felt so good for the few seconds I took it!

That’s your scale saying that 177 is in sight!
    I step on and off the scale too about 3 times.

I really wanted to see at least 179 by September 1st. I hope my scale cooperates LOL
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

Friday is in sight...we can get through this Wednesday work day.
    I just have to start working through my pile...but I don't really want to. Maybe I'll just take a short walk and get going...

How are you doing today?

Jill
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Havent been on for awhile, but still trying to get off 3 pounds of cruise weight, lol. The last of gkids started back to school today, so no more babysitting for the most part. Even though I love it, it sure messes with my adherence to my calorie goal. Hopefully now I can be more dedicated. Have still been logging everything, tho, so that is a win, just getting tired of so much red!! (I know...excuses! :/ )
  • jm216
    Options
    Havent been on for awhile, but still trying to get off 3 pounds of cruise weight, lol. The last of gkids started back to school today, so no more babysitting for the most part. Even though I love it, it sure messes with my adherence to my calorie goal. Hopefully now I can be more dedicated. Have still been logging everything, tho, so that is a win, just getting tired of so much red!! (I know...excuses! :/ )

Welcome back!
  • jm216
    Options
    Have a fabulous Friday my friends!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Friday. Cold, rainy and smoky here today, I hope summer comes back for a visit in September
  • sonia52016
    sonia52016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 38 have 5 children 5 the youngest and at the start of the year i was the heaviest id ever been..12.13lbs i started in april to cut refined carbs and sugars. It was hard at first as doing breakfast/lunch for the kids. I am now 10.8lbs and my partner started when he saw me finding it easy. He has lost 4 stone. He is a bodybuilder type so i now lift weights with him. And im getting leaner rather than bulky. We only have breakfast when we feel hungry -no always as soon as we wake. He is a great cook and we have veg and meat for dinner (cauliflower for rice) it does get easier and i dont miss eating crap carbs. Hope i can reach 10 st and tone up more
  • jm216
    Options
    sonia52016 wrote: »
    I am 38 have 5 children 5 the youngest and at the start of the year i was the heaviest id ever been..12.13lbs i started in april to cut refined carbs and sugars. It was hard at first as doing breakfast/lunch for the kids. I am now 10.8lbs and my partner started when he saw me finding it easy. He has lost 4 stone. He is a bodybuilder type so i now lift weights with him. And im getting leaner rather than bulky. We only have breakfast when we feel hungry -no always as soon as we wake. He is a great cook and we have veg and meat for dinner (cauliflower for rice) it does get easier and i dont miss eating crap carbs. Hope i can reach 10 st and tone up more

Great teamwork Sonia! So proud of you <3
  • jm216
    Options
    Got in a nice 13 minute walk with Roxie... although it was humid this morning. Feeling good! Happy Sunday friends!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    It's been a while since I've come to the message boards. Just been busy, but not quit working on this years long project. Last week or so my husband came in from a trip to Lowes and asked me to come out to his car. In the front seat were two bags of concrete mix. He asked me to pick one up and I looked at him, laughed and said, "You know I can't lift that." Larry took me by the shoulders and said, "Do you realize this is almost exactly how much weight you've lost and why you were so sick." This morning the scale has moved below -60, so I thought I should share this nice visual with you. I feel great, am riding my bicycle over 45 miles this past week, and can only imagine how good I will feel when my other 60 pounds is gone. 1pz0y5ijk63t.jpg

Wow 60 lbs is my end goal, I am finding it s very hard slow process. What a great way to show you what you have accomplished. Did you lift it?
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I didn’t even try. But I did appreciate his teaching moment. I told him he better start carrying around those two bags so he can carry me when I lose the rest of my burden.
  • jm216
    Options
    I didn’t even try. But I did appreciate his teaching moment. I told him he better start carrying around those two bags so he can carry me when I lose the rest of my burden.

You are such an inspiration!
    Today is my fresh start day.... my goal is to lose a bag of concrete too!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I have to share this feel good moment with everyone. It is Lauryn's (my daughter's) facebook post today.
    J is my grandson Jonah who is 6. Mick is my 2 year old granddaughter Michaela.

When the kids were getting me out of bed this morning, we were talking about what we were going to do today.
    J: have breakfast, and.... wait what day is it?
    Me: Wednesday
    J: so we're going to Grammie's house
    Me: yup.
    Mick: Mimi house?!
    Me: after lunch, and after nap time
    Mick: no! Had big sleep!
    Me: you had a big sleep, so you don't need a nap?
    Mick: yup no nap. Go Mimi house.

I commented on it and said tell Michaela she needs to have a nap so she isn't grouchy when she visits. Lauryn told her and her response was: yeah Mimi best friend.

My heart grew today and my eyes welled up!
  • jm216
    Options
    How beautiful! You’re her best friend. <3<3
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I have a great help toward you reaching your goals! Check out the FAT2FIT Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is an awesome group that helps provide lots of motivation and support.

We compete in a friendly weight loss competition - there are 5 teams of approximately 40 challengers per team. We have weekly group challenges, moderator challenges, individual challenges and right now we have a really big step challenge going on. This is a great site for boosting your motivation.

Check us out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Questions - just tag me in a reply ( @steplaj ) or my co-moderator Irene ( @ihp2015 )

Thanks
    Steve
  • jm216
    Options
    It’s September 1st... get outside and have fun before Summer runs away!
    I got a mile in this morning walking Roxie. Carpe Diem friends!

<3 Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!
    Goodnight!
  • jm216
    Options
    How are you doing today?
  • 2GirlsANDaGuy
    2GirlsANDaGuy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have disappeared for a while here. However I haven't given up on my goals. My weight has been on a bit of a yoyo for the past three weeks but I'm still trending slowing down so happy about that. I was training very hard for an attempt up Mt. Rainier in August. We made an attempt but weather and mountain conditions didn't cooporate so we turned back around 12000ft. Mountain isn't going anywhere, and it was very apparent it wasn't going to let us summit. Also my daughters first day of kindergarten was last week so we had lots to prepare for that also. Anyway it's been a busy month for me, hope everyone is doing well.