Tattoos?

Options

Replies

• evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    LOVE! I have three, and want at least three more. My hubby has one.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've had quite the year (divorce, job change, weight loss) and I'm going to get a tattoo as a present to myself on Thursday. It will say "Love yourself first" on my ribs.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I've had quite the year (divorce, job change, weight loss) and I'm going to get a tattoo as a present to myself on Thursday. It will say "Love yourself first" on my ribs.

Ribs are painful so be ready. Very sexy too, I think so anyway. :) I really dig the name across the shoulders tattoo. Those are yummy. :love:
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos. But the funny things is I don't have them :|

Got some idea's in my head for some ink but haven't found the courage yet to get one of them.
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Love them... Go in at least once a month for my leg piece right now. Should wrap that up in one more session then on to my next piece. :)
    My husband has one on each arm and doesn't seem very interested in getting any more.. So I go in his place.. lol

Look at my profile for my pics... I haven't taken the time to learn how to post them on a forum.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I both have tattoos. If we made more money we'd have a lot more of them too.
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A trendy mess that will be regretted by many in the years to come.
    Just sayin...
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Loooooove tattoos <3 Planning to get more. They are addicting!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Lol!!

Alrighty_then.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    A trendy mess that will be regretted by many in the years to come.
    Just sayin...

woman4.jpg

a trend spanning hundreds of years? ok then.
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1) I don't think everybody can pull them off.
    2) For me it's really an all or nothing thing. If someone has one tattoo (or a couple is random places), I often find it looks tacky. If someone has full sleeves, a chest piece, etc, I find if looks much better.
    3) There are exceptions to the rule, don't hate me. These are my personal opinions, and are generalized.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I'm 62 now. I got a tattoo when I was 20 under my belly button of an arrow pointing down. Tasteless? Yes! Did I cover it up? YES! I finally got a little Tinkerbell to cover it up. 40 years later it is all stretched out and is a messy blob!

NO PIX! :laugh:
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i love them..my partner has 10...i have 6 and an appt for my 7th one next week...all of mine can be covered but 1 which is my breast cancer fight like a girl gloves and ribbon on my wrist..i guess it all depends on what and where it is...
  • can52398
    can52398 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who has them all over her body in A LOT of really noticeable places and she is constantly complaining that she can't find a descent job. I am all for them. I actually want one but it's going to hurt. LOL
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the tattoo.
    My cousin got a tattoo of Eric Cantona in a Leeds United football strip, looked amazing, until he transferred to Man United a week later. Then he just looked like a bit of a tit.

Many years later, and people have no idea who he is, its just a random guy on his thigh
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have 8 currently. I want two more. One for my parents, and the other for my husband. No names, only symbolic.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    <<< I don't know how to post pictures, but this is my first one, in memory/honor of my wonderful mother.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ok... I'll be the first...

I absolutely HATE tattoos! Can't stand them at all.

When i was about 16 I saw a woman in her 60's walking down the street holding the hand of a very fresh faced 5 year old. The 60 year old woman was covered in old tattoos and piercings. The tatts had faded and were sagging and it probably looked even worse because of the 5 year old kid.

That turned me off them for life. I dont ever want one (It was nearly 30 years ago and I havent changed my mind yet). I dont like them on other people either, although I respect people's choice to do as they wish with their own bodies.

I did once go out with someone who had a tatt and every time I saw it I just wanted to scrub it off. Strangely enough, that relationship didnt last long :)

Anyway... I guess each to his or her own really... It's just not for me.
  • fleshntears
    Options
    I have seven and my husband has four, and I plan on getting at least two or three more.
    We have our wedding rings tattooed on and our names on eachother's back and yes I know that most of you are going to say that we are stupid or crazy for getting our names on eachother but to tell you the truth I think it was one of the most romantic things that either of us could have done for eachother, we got them a little over a year after we got married and here we are ten years later, still together and going strong.

We are already forever united to one another through our children so whats so wrong with being forever united through something we both like...our ink.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos. They're a very individual thing, and I respect whatever your choice is for you. My old man only has one, on his chest and it has a lot of meaning for him.

I have a huge piece that starts on my left shoulder and goes to my right thigh. It's a peacock on either end, but in the middle it's a lot of different things. I managed to connect it to some random ink that I had already, and I like the cohesive look better. My ink has no real meaning other than decoration.