Tattoos?

Options

Replies

• ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not a fan but to each his or her own. Had a buddy in the Army with his wife's name (LISA) on his arm, under an eagle or something. Well they divorced and he HATED her, he got LISA changed to USA.....true story
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    Not a fan but to each his or her own. Had a buddy in the Army with his wife's name (LISA) on his arm, under an eagle or something. Well they divorced and he HATED her, he got LISA changed to USA.....true story

HAHA lucky he could change that pretty easy!

I would never get a name tattooed on me, unless it was a family member who has passed or my children. No partners or friends because there is always that chance it will end
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I dislike them and think they are trashy looking. Don't hate others that have them, I just don't like them. Even though they have become so common today, I still tend to get a bad first impression when I see them. Right or wrong, it just tends to be my first reaction and I know that I'm not alone in that thought. I suppose overtime that will change, but when I was a staffing manager I had a tendency to not hire those that had tattoos that could be seen. I worked for a homecare company and no way were most little old ladies going to allow a tattooed person into their home. My husband worked with someone that had a lot of tattoos and he had to completely keep them covered at work. Let's just say that he was a sweaty mess in summer.

So you judge people on their looks, rather than their personalities? Wow.......I thought those days were over.

You would think people would judge less on looks these days but no... some people are still stuck in their little bubble :P

To be fair, you're not born with tattoos. They are a choice. Whether we like it or not, it does say something about our personalities. Like that we are f*cking bad *kitten* and don't need jobs anyway. We'll just take your wallets. So there.

/devil's advocate

Love it!
  • chuckwicker
    Options
    I love the ink. I love the process of finding that perfect piece of art that fits you just right. I however am not a fan of those who get inked just for the sake of getting ink. But thats their thing so more power to em. I dont judge. I have 4 and have the bug to get more. I have a few designs in mind thst i want to get. For me? They need meaning. I wont get one just because its cool or the current fad tat style. I get what i want because it tells a story about me and where ive been and what ive been thru to get where i am. I have one i share with my ex wife that i wouldnt mind seeing morphed into something else and one day it will be. But i have a few others i want first. One is to represent my brief military service. Another is a phoenix to represent my struggles in life and the fact that i wont let em keep me down.. i will rise above it all and prevail. That one is HUGE to me and will happen even if im 80 before i can afford it. Lol. Its that significant to me.
    I dont get my ink to impress anyone or to look cool. I get em cuz i like it.
  • fatgulegule
    fatgulegule Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, especially on a man. I do think you can go overboard if you have them all over though. I love sleeves.

I have one tattoo, on my hip. I really want more but I'm limited to where I can have them because I need to be able to cover it up for work.
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    will be getting my calf done in the next month.just waiting for it to be drawn up!:smile:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I dislike them and think they are trashy looking. Don't hate others that have them, I just don't like them. Even though they have become so common today, I still tend to get a bad first impression when I see them. Right or wrong, it just tends to be my first reaction and I know that I'm not alone in that thought. I suppose overtime that will change, but when I was a staffing manager I had a tendency to not hire those that had tattoos that could be seen. I worked for a homecare company and no way were most little old ladies going to allow a tattooed person into their home. My husband worked with someone that had a lot of tattoos and he had to completely keep them covered at work. Let's just say that he was a sweaty mess in summer.

So you judge people on their looks, rather than their personalities? Wow.......I thought those days were over.

You would think people would judge less on looks these days but no... some people are still stuck in their little bubble :P

everyone makes their initial judgement on looks. its the only thing you have to go on when you first meet someone until thoughts and ideas are exchanged
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have 35!! Love them within reason!! Too be honest, I think they make a man more attractive if the tattoo fits them.
  • Italia2229
    Options

Yeah i know right.... us tattooed people just wanna break rules and stab people! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Haha, right? If we have a tattoo, we ride motorcycles, are in a gang and cause problems. We are all trouble makers!! Trashy..... I am the farthest from trashy. I don't wear clothes that look trashy or show them off to be trashy. Some peoples mindset crack me up. Take the time to get to know people before you judge them. Just because I have a tattoo, doesn't make me trashy or a trouble maker.
  • Italia2229
    Options
    I got this one to remind me to never give up. This applies to everything. Food, friends, job, health. Just hang in there because it's gets better.

tumblr_mqfqn6yHgQ1qaxu0io1_500.jpg

Ummmmmm...

^^^^^ my word exactly!!
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Love, obviously. And when done right, they are damn sexy on women. :love:
  • chuckwicker
    Options
    bump
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Love them! My ex had a lot but my husband has 0 lol I have 3 and planning a big one down my side after I hit my weight loss goal! Can't wait!!
  • wickedmessenger
    wickedmessenger Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos to a degree. It's fine for other to have their whole body covered if that's what suits them - I don't judge :-) I just feel bad for people who have been... poorly inked...by someone who really has no business doing tat's.

I have 3 superb tatoos - Trinity knot, a clover, and the Superman shield (in pink and black).
  • Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got this one to remind me to never give up. This applies to everything. Food, friends, job, health. Just hang in there because it's gets better.

tumblr_mqfqn6yHgQ1qaxu0io1_500.jpg

Ummmmmm...
    I see what you mean!
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I love love love my tats. All of them mean something to me, and were done by talented artists.

I love a good tattoo on a man too.

I can't wait to get my next one.

Tattoo, I mean. Not man.

Wait...

Never mind.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is when I start sounding like an old fart .....I just don't know what these young people are thinking that I see on the beach ! They are starting to look like Mayans ! Sure it looks great now in there 20's but we are not young forever !

I have one on my "left cheek" in 1987. Thank God I was thinking back then...for my husband told me that it looked like "road kill" .... you had to do a double take to make out what it is !!!

Before you get that sleeve, that vine down your whole side, tramp stamp, belly or on your face ! You need to THINK before you ink !!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    LOL, "tramp stamp"... what a class term!

I don't have any, and am glad that I don't. My OH doesn't have any either.

Each to their own though.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My leg

ab1f1a65-a96d-48c6-b334-9be985810e4d_zps46d94d96.jpg
    6e4428b0-c8f7-4aa8-aed5-5ba8bdf92fc0_zps1bb42e38.jpg
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I :heart: tattoos.