Replies

• royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    how do i post pictures?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos in anybody, and neither does my husband or kids. I don't think that they are sexy or attractive in any gender; but to each its own.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I got a tattoo when I was 18. I feel sorry for the way its got so fashionable everyone seems to think they almost have to have one.
    I now look at the types that tattoo people and think what arrogant so and so's to want to put something permanent on somebody else's body. Some studios even do tattoo removal as well, very encouraging.

Its more painful getting them lasered off than getting them on. really you can live without a tattoo. Tattoos look great when you're young and sexy and hot, not so good when you're old and the tribal thing you got in the '90's is so , well, '90s. (insert decade as appropriate).

When I am old, I'm not going to give a snot what my tattoos look like. I love them, they all have meaning to me, and I do not consider my tattoo artist brother to be arrogant for putting things on my body that I ask for. My mom is older than you and has more tattoos than I do, frequently adding to her beautiful collection... ALL of which have meaning to her and tell a story. If people don't like them, that's fine for them, but to be judgmental of others for having them is quite annoying and it drives me crazy when people judge me for the artwork that I proudly display on my body. My tattoos tell my story. They remind me of who I am, where I came from, and the struggles I have endured.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Nope, I avoid them at all costs. It's actually been proven that the ink will absorb into your system and cause you to RETAIN FAT!!! The only way around it is to do hot yoga and pop those raspberry ketones to sweat out the toxins, but you gotta do it a whole lot I hear.

Also, they're ugly.

Not on you. :wink:
  • SuARogue
    SuARogue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have 3 with plans for many more. My boyfriend does not have any, but also doesn't mind them either.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Yup. Want more. :)
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    I have a boy skull on one wrist and a girl on the other. It's a love/hate thing.kind of regret it. A couple tattoos are sexy af
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I dislike them and think they are trashy looking. Don't hate others that have them, I just don't like them. Even though they have become so common today, I still tend to get a bad first impression when I see them. Right or wrong, it just tends to be my first reaction and I know that I'm not alone in that thought. I suppose overtime that will change, but when I was a staffing manager I had a tendency to not hire those that had tattoos that could be seen. I worked for a homecare company and no way were most little old ladies going to allow a tattooed person into their home. My husband worked with someone that had a lot of tattoos and he had to completely keep them covered at work. Let's just say that he was a sweaty mess in summer.
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I dislike them and think they are trashy looking. Don't hate others that have them, I just don't like them. Even though they have become so common today, I still tend to get a bad first impression when I see them. Right or wrong, it just tends to be my first reaction and I know that I'm not alone in that thought. I suppose overtime that will change, but when I was a staffing manager I had a tendency to not hire those that had tattoos that could be seen. I worked for a homecare company and no way were most little old ladies going to allow a tattooed person into their home. My husband worked with someone that had a lot of tattoos and he had to completely keep them covered at work. Let's just say that he was a sweaty mess in summer.

Yeah i know right.... us tattooed people just wanna break rules and stab people! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can go either way it really depends on the person who has them and where/what they are. My husband hates them, I have been asking him for months now if when I reach my GW if a tattoo could be my congrats gift but he is so not having it (I realize I don't need his permission to do something to MY body, but I am married to him and I respect his opinion too much to do something so permanent to my body and him hate it)

I think they are easily over done and tacky or extremely awesome and beautiful like I said it really just depends.
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I can go either way it really depends on the person who has them and where/what they are. My husband hates them, I have been asking him for months now if when I reach my GW if a tattoo could be my congrats gift but he is so not having it (I realize I don't need his permission to do something to MY body, but I am married to him and I respect his opinion too much to do something so permanent to my body and him hate it)

I think they are easily over done and tacky or extremely awesome and beautiful like I said it really just depends.

I know you respect his opinion and all... but this really annoys me. My ex-husband HATED tattoos (i already had two when i met him) and "allowed" me to get my third one... i hated that control he had over me! as soon as i left him i had three more tattoos in less then 6months after leaving. - just to point out that the tattoo thing wasn't why i left him but his controlling ways-

If YOU want a tattoo.. GET ONE!
    you are respect HIS opinion about not liking them... but guess what... he isn't respecting YOURS for liking/wanting one. Has to go both ways.

*rant over*
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    I don't have them but don't mind them on others. It's just too much of a committment for me-what if I hate it a year from now then I'm stuck with it. There's nothing significant enough in my life that I'd want it immortalized on my skin except for maybe my kids and well I'm sure they'd be pretty embarrassed if I had their faces tattooed on my back or something. I love the art of it, think that it takes incredible talent to be a tattoo artist and admire those that are able to make that jump and get them. I'm too indecisive :)
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't mind tattoos, I got my tattoo age 17 to piss my dad off
    I ended up on punishment for 6 months
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Love them. I have one, but it's awful and I want it covered.
  • Ninnylicious
    Options
    LOVE THEM!!

But they have to mean something to you!!
    I hate people that wear Tibetan language and scripts when they know nor respect their religion or way of life.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

So you judge people on their looks, rather than their personalities? Wow.......I thought those days were over.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Geek chicks with tattoo's and piercings... I need a minute
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options

So you judge people on their looks, rather than their personalities? Wow.......I thought those days were over.

You would think people would judge less on looks these days but no... some people are still stuck in their little bubble :P
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

You would think people would judge less on looks these days but no... some people are still stuck in their little bubble :P

To be fair, you're not born with tattoos. They are a choice. Whether we like it or not, it does say something about our personalities. Like that we are f*cking bad *kitten* and don't need jobs anyway. We'll just take your wallets. So there.

/devil's advocate
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm having my current tattoo extended this Saturday! My tattoos are my personal business though and are not placed to be seen during normal day to day activities.