Tattoos?

Options

Replies

• JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos. I love tattoos.... I will be getting a lot more. And honestly i dont care what other people think.
    All my tattoos have meaning behind them - one is dedicated to my late grandad and one for my lil brother... none are just "oo pretty picture" tattooed on me!

I find it so funny when people tell me that i'll regret them... or call me a rebel LOL
    to me i dont understand why people dont have tattoos... just like the cleanskins dont understand why people like me get tattooed.
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    I have an appointment on Saturday to add to my trashy, classless, degenerate *kitten*.

ETA: Not tattooing my actual *kitten*

damn... was going to ask for the picture of your tattooed *kitten* :P jks!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment on Saturday to add to my trashy, classless, degenerate *kitten*.

You should. :P
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos. One on my neck that says "strength" in Braille and the other on my foot that I got in Vegas. Love my neck tat - looking to remove my foot tat.
  • jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Contributing with an example of one of my degenerate tattoos

Screenshot2013-08-05at84322PM_zps6d867b6a.png
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    its get better..lol
    I got this one to remind me to never give up. This applies to everything. Food, friends, job, health. Just hang in there because it's gets better.

tumblr_mqfqn6yHgQ1qaxu0io1_500.jpg

Ummmmmm...
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    All I can ever think of is how much more constructively all that money could be used.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the old saggy tattooed lady that I am going to be. I will regret nothing.

Wondered about that. My arms and legs are getting that crepe paper quality to them. I think it would really spoil the effect of a tattoo. I have also wondered about how they might be affected by pregnancy, nursing or other things that drastically change your body.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Contributing with an example of one of my degenerate tattoos

0X9Q6_zpsab98c67b.jpg

Oh my!
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are beyond hot, and they're a great reward for a goal you want to achieve!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Have one currently - Orion on the back of my neck. Planning on quite a few more - hopefully September for the next one - Festina Lente on my wrist, then my full back piece, then my calves, then who knows. My husband has several on his arms, as well as one on his calf. Neither one of us gives a flying *kitten* what anyone else thinks.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the old saggy tattooed lady that I am going to be. I will regret nothing.

Wondered about that. My arms and legs are getting that crepe paper quality to them. I think it would really spoil the effect of a tattoo. I have also wondered about how they might be affected by pregnancy, nursing or other things that drastically change your body.

I have 6 kids, so I'm done in that area. Now for the natural aging process :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options
    Have one currently - Orion on the back of my neck. Planning on quite a few more - hopefully September for the next one - Festina Lente on my wrist, then my full back piece, then my calves, then who knows. My husband has several on his arms, as well as one on his calf. Neither one of us gives a flying *kitten* what anyone else thinks.

:heart:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Options

You should. :P

I will not bare my *kitten* to strangers, I am a lady
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options
    All I can ever think of is how much more constructively all that money could be used.

And once again you could say that about anything... That Art you hang on the wall or that piece of expensive jewellery/suit you only wear to nice dinners out - Same thing!
    I dont see the point in spending loads of money on a car... some do.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos, have since I first saw one almost 40 years ago now, as in before it went mainstream popular. But I don't think they look good on everyone.

I actually don't like the fact that tattoos have gone so mainstream and popular as it bugs me when people get something just because it's 'cute' or 'pretty' or 'cool' (or whatever the present terminology is). But I guess it's their bodies and they're going to have to live with it.

I have two tattoos. Probably would have more if it didn't take me so long to be dead certain it's something I want permanently on my body. They both have meaning for me.

My husband doesn't like tattoos so we compromised on my last one. I was going to have a piece done on my forearm but he announced he considered those 'tacky'. Turns out I like what I ended up with better than my original plan, but he would probably have been happier with the piece on my arm because it would have been a lot smaller.

If I ever managed to reach the 100lb lost mark, I will be getting another.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Personally I love them, I have quite a few, but I do not love every tattoo I see. I love tattoos if they are done well, and suit the person, poor tattoos make me question a persons capacity to think.

I have never dated anyone with tattoos.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Love tats... LOVE THEM ON MEN... want more on me!
    tumblr_mqo3f5BjU91stqme0o1_500.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

And once again you could say that about anything... That Art you hang on the wall or that piece of expensive jewellery/suit you only wear to nice dinners out - Same thing!

Not the same thing. The things you compared tattoos to are physical assets that can be resold and can appreciate in value (with the exception of the car unless we're talking about classics).
  • JellyBeanQueen86
    Options

Not the same thing. The things you compared tattoos to are physical assets that can be resold and can appreciate in value (with the exception of the car unless we're talking about classics).

to me its the same thing.
    I would prefer to spend thousands on tattoos that last a lifetime then on something that could break in a year or two.

Also... I like to show people art i like... can't ALWAYS have everyone come to my house.... so i have it on my body lol