Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    6/1-1.08mi
    6/2-1.08 (5 hours aerial yoga)
    6/3-1.08mi
    6/4-1.01mi

lazy lazy me. hoping some actual mileage today if it's not thundering. 1 dog doesn't like thunder

exercise.png

• Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1HK2m8.png

RUhgm8.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I ran 4.3 miles this morning. The temperature wasn't too bad, but the humidity was awful. I was soaked when I got home and actually had a couple of gnats stuck to my face. Overall though I enjoyed the run.

Protein for your recovery meal? ;)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @shanaber- I don't usually run in the mornings, but days like today make me want to start!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    i've come to the realization i'm not a morning person. so afternoon and late night runs. for hot days i have a frozen water bottle and we loop back for it. we=me and the dogs
    edit:
    hypersomnia and early days are bad for work productivity
  • lporter229
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @polskagirl01 - Helping a friend to start running and having fun with your kiddo on a run sounds like a fantastic day to me too. Glad to hear it was worth the nettles!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    6/1 - CROSS (walk, yoga)
    6/2 - 10 miles
    6/3 - REST
    6/4 - 5.3 (trail)

Monday night soccer clinics mean trail time! It was a 3 miler on the schedule, but I did the full loop on one of my favorite trails near my son's practice field. I haven't been on a proper trail run since April, so this felt so good! I'm excited for my road HM to be done on the 23rd so I can switch back to more trails.

I'll run tonight again. Maybe 3 or maybe 5. It's supposed to be a 5 mile pace run which I desperately need. The extra miles probably won't hurt anything and I can take it easy tomorrow.

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Yep, same situation down here in Texas. Temps over 100F, so I get up around 4am so I am running by 5am (takes me a while to get going in the morning ;) ) I am usually at work by 7am.
    At the start of the summer, I really dreaded getting up that early, but a couple weeks into it, I have grown accustomed to it, and it isn't that bad. Make you feel like you have accomplished something before most people are even out of bed.

I'm also in Texas. Current temp per my outdoor thermometer (in the shade): 102. Fun times.
  • lporter229
    Options
    Because of various circumstances, I have had to shift my workouts to the morning before work. I won't go into detail here, but it's the best thing for my mental health to get it done before work.

I am NOT a morning person, so getting up early is very tough. Luckily I have a fiance to prepare my chai and wake me up. :smile:

Today was a walk day. 3 miles in the AM and a couple additional breaks to get more steps during the day. I will also be doing yoga after work. (Doing yoga after work is also good for my mental health!)

Tomorrow will be a running day, and my goal will be 2.5 miles again.

Hang on to that fiance of yours ;) My husband's response to the alarm going off at 4:30 AM was "You're insane".

@fitoverfortymom - I feel very much the same about trails right now. Wednesdays and Sundays are my trail days and I find myself looking forward to those days all week.

BTW, it's now 2:30 and I am suddenly reminded why I don't usually run in the morning...zzzzzz...