Options
    short easy 5 this am

exercise.png
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Today's goal: 2.5 miles

Actual mileage: 3.2 miles

Forgot how it feels once I get a couple miles in and everything starts feeling better and easier.

Unfortunately, getting up super early to run is making me absolutely exhausted in the evenings. Yoga is suffering because of that. But I've only been at the morning workout thing a little over a week, so perhaps I just need some time to adjust.
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Got 4.94 kms in for Global Running Day this morning! :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom AWESOME! YAY!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom Go Skippy!!!!

we will still need regular updates on her even when she's gone off to school you know.....
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    6/1/2018 rest
    6/2/2018 2.65 miles
    6/3/2018 9.05 miles

6/4/2018 rest
    6/5/2018 3 miles
    6/6/2018 2.1 miles

Total 16.8 miles /80-85

Getting a tiny bit faster. Same run last month was 1.95-2.05 miles. Sunrise was pretty this morning. Posted a couple photos on Instagram. Plus a runfie for national running day.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

Forgot how it feels once I get a couple miles in and everything starts feeling better and easier.

Unfortunately, getting up super early to run is making me absolutely exhausted in the evenings. Yoga is suffering because of that. But I've only been at the morning workout thing a little over a week, so perhaps I just need some time to adjust.

It takes a little while to get used to early mornings, eventually your body will start getting tired a bit earlier, and you'll go to sleep earlier, but probably not so early it messes with your yoga.

My problem now is that I now longer sleep in at weekends when I want to (that's also to do with the Saturday construction work which they do from 7 until 9).
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Give it at least a month before you make any decision on it. A month of doing it regularly. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    June goal: 75 miles

6/3: 6.5 miles
    6/5: 4.3 miles
    6/6: 4.5 miles

15.3/75 miles completed

Happy Global Running Day! This morning I ran 4.5 miles. It was a beautiful morning to run. I have never been a morning person (and I still don't think I really am), but I am enjoying getting up and running before the heat of the day. It is also nice that after work I have the afternoon free and can just hang out with my husband. I'm lucky that I don't have to be at work until 8:30 and my office is only 2 miles from my house, so as long as I am done with my run by about 6:50 I have plenty of time for about 30/35 minutes of yoga and a quick shower and still have time to get ready for work. So I don't have to get up quite as early as some of you morning runners do. Last summer I did most of my runs at lunchtime or in the evening after 8. That was hard though because I really only have about 30 minutes to run at lunch and I'm a slow runner. And if I run too late in the evening I have problems because I need to hydrate and I don't like to drink that much water too close to bedtime or I will be up all night. I really resisted getting up early to run, but this summer I am glad I finally did it.

@skippygirlsmom Congrats to Skip!

exercise.png

2018 races:
    5/19/18: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon - 2:43:59.7. - 2nd place AG
    11/10/18: Wags & Whiskers 5K
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Early runs: I work a rotating schedule with 12 hour shifts, so if I have a run planned on a work day, I have to be up by 0430-0440 to get it in before I have to be on the job @ 0645, because, being honest, I know I COULD run after work (7:45pm ish) but in reality, it just ain't gonna happen! On my days off I get to sleep in a bit, but Fl weather is like Hell's oven, so it's getting tougher to run later in the day.

And I didn't even know it was Runner's Day today! Yippee!

6/4 - 1.64 miles
    6/6 - 1.55 miles (3.19 total)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you brag all you want about skip, @skippysmom
    she is a lovely girl, you did good