Women determined to lose 50lbs or more

Options

Replies

• CarolinaTK50
    Options
    Hello from a new member :)

I recently reached the big 5-uh oh ! And I know its time for some lifestyle changes. I am entering a new phase and want a new healthier me. I'm fairy active and healthy just a lover of good food. Especially sweets and baked goodies. I am in serious need of friends to push me and motivate me. I look forward to meeting you all !
  • jenrobiwan
    jenrobiwan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 year old mom of three (11 y/o stepdaughter, 5 and 1 year old sons), sometimes I think I'm a mom to four (the fourth being my husband, hahaha). I have about 70 pounds to lose as well. I've struggled with weight my whole life. I got down to the 160s before I became pregnant with my first child in 2007. From then it's been a constant every day battle with my weight. I got up to 215 at delivery with my second son in 2011.

I am done making excuses for myself. This may take me the next year to do, and I may not do it perfectly everyday (that's the part I have had to get over, that just because I have a hiccup in the day, the whole day isn't lost).

I'm looking for more people to follow on here. Cheer on, cheer me on, see their success. That has made a HUGE difference for me this time. I go on the Success Stories board very often, it keeps me going when I want to cheat and do something bad!
  • ShadowDancer0
    ShadowDancer0 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    worked hard in the yard today. going to finish it tomorrow. Have 3 acres. the scale still will not move. so discouraging. Been a couple of weeks now.
  • Beccalyn60
    Beccalyn60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Beccalyn and I really need to lose at least 75 lbs, but really want to lose 100. Looking for support from friends who know what it is like to really have to lose weight. I have a great friends at home who try to support me and encourage me as they are sitting there at 100 lbs eating their giant bowl of ice cream. lol

I need to lose weight and take care of my diabetes at the same time keeping my job is on the line. I am a School Bus Driver which as you know is a very sedentary job. I have to be checked by DOT every year, well this year when I went in, one of the test showed I may have a high sugar level. So, I was sent to my family doctor. He did blood work and sure enough my A1c was high DOT doesn't allow it to be the level it is at so I am working to get that down with diet and exercise. Doctor said I needed to write down everything I eat and stay between 1200 to 1500 calories a day. Well that is when a friend introduced me to the sight I have been very good about writing down everything before I eat it, but being a school bus driver that means right now I am home and able to do keep a good food diary, but school starts next week so I am worried about being able to keep up with the way I should be doing things. I do have to say that there are a couple of things that keep me motivated 1-my health, 2-my job, 3- I have a good friend at work, who is almost in the same boat and has become support for me and we work out together during our mid-day break and knows what we need to do. I have lost a couple pounds since starting this a couple weeks ago but have plenty more to go. If anyone would like to friend me I can also help be supportive. I know the things I am suppose to do just staying on track is the problem sometime.
  • Beccalyn60
    Beccalyn60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to change your food intake, add some variety and maybe you are not eating enough I have a worry about that and getting stuck too. Change may be the answer
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I've been on MFP for a year now.
    My original goals were 150-160 lbs loss. (I started keeping track about -14 lbs into the diet with MFP)
    I have right around 50 lbs left to loose, before I re-evaluate.
    This is a truly awesome site that has really helped with my goals!
    I'm 35, an artist & nurse I'm also a married mother of one teen and one toddler... I have my hands full with a rambunctious house of boys. I have a back injury so I have been working on PT for over a year.
    I'm living proof one day at a time with changes in your diet and some simple movement and motivation you can loose that weight. I've had luck changing my blood pressure, my under active thyroid, my pain levels, and my weight guidelines all for the better with yoga, PT and diet changes. (going from extremely morbidly obese to barley overweight) I'm on all the time and am always up for a new friend! Please feel free to friend me! :wink:
    PS anyone else can friend me too!
    Good luck to everyone
  • clairyA
    clairyA Posts: 6
    Options
    hi im also hoping for a 50 pound loss, after yo yoing for as long as i can remember, feeling determined at the moment, but would love support from others an to help them to
    x
  • Mscotthoward
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am new here and trying to really commit to this weight loss journey. I know that I will need lots of support and encouragement. So add me please!!!
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me - still have about 50 lbs to go. I log in daily and always happy to encourage you along :)
  • trrich1974
    Options
    I have 50lb plus to lose due to major health issues feel free to add me. I am writing a blog, updating my diary at least 3 times a day. Tomorrow is the fresh start for me in saving my life. All crap is now out of the fridge and health stuff bought.

:flowerforyou:
  • ShadowDancer0
    ShadowDancer0 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in. Same ol szzz here, scale wont budge and I have been sick on top of that. I can hardly eat, seem to be able to handle liquids ok. The Dr. should know something on Tuesday. Hanging in there. Hope all of you are well and sticking to those diets:heart:
  • glamskater8292
    Options
    I have more than 100 lbs to lose due to a couple of medical issues. I have lost around 10 so far. I try to check in whenever I can. Anyone can add me...we can support each other.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Shadowdancer does you doctor have you on an extremely low calories or are you doing that on your own the scale might not be moving due to you not taking in enough calories. you should eat all the calories allowed if you have a loss all ready built in. why not try that for a few weeks and see if it helps
  • nettie219
    nettie219 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to My Fitness Pal site and I am wanting to lose 100 lbs. It was a lot less than that, but medication ballooned me up so much it is such a bummer. So here I am looking for some motivation and lots of support to lose this weight. I want to be healthy and fit into my size 18 pants one day...of course get down to about 170 lbs. would be nice that would probably make me a size 12 or 14 I could live with that!! :-) Hope to meet new friends and help anyway I can. I have a video diary on YouTube to share my journey and hope to help others succeed. Thank you, nettie219
  • zailynprada
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs, and I'm determined to stay in it and meet my goal. I'm hoping to motivate and inspire my 23 year old daughter who is trying to lose 50 lbs. We are supportive to each other and find this program super useful! We are here to befriend anyone who needs a new healthy lifestyle buddy!
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds and am still working on the last 33 pounds. I'm on daily. Feel free to add me.
  • lookin2lose48
    Options
    i just started here, have over 100 lbs to lose, and plan on checking in a few times daily... anyone in this thread, pls feel free to add me;))
  • nsandoval0820
    nsandoval0820 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, new here looking to lose at least 70 pounds. Feel free to add me. I log in daily, several times a day. Looking for fitness motivation buddies. Anyone in Denver, Co or close by?
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about 3 months now and have been losing steadily...smaller amounts now my body has come out of shock, but still losing.
    I log in several times a day (not so much over the weekend as I use the app on my phone), but am trying to lose about 50 lbs. If any of you would like to add me feel free. I would love to help support you as you journey to your goals.

Barb
  • lizzieloucaws
    Options
    Hello there
    Add me :smile:
    I use this site regularly and love the ongoing support from everyone on here. I also have around 60 lbs to lose (wow sound alot when I see it!)
    Good luck with your weight loss
    Liz