Coke zero

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I can't quote any studies because I haven't looked at them, but I know that my Mom who was a Diet Coke drinker for years and was diabetic was told by her doctor that if she "had" to have one, Coke Zero would be better than Diet Coke, but even three cans a week is really too much. I personally don't drink or eat any "diet" things. I don't like the taste.

Why would Coke Zero be better than Diet Coke for a diabetic?
  • ptuck196
    ptuck196 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the science behind it, I don't truly know if Coke Zero is equally as bad as a regular Coke, all I know is I love the taste and when I feel like having a carbonated drink I go for Coke Zero.

haha i'm with you! I came in here like hey i love coke zero and then it devolved into a controversial debate!

Lol !!!

Coke Zero doesn't deserve this...but yeah, I was lured in thinking that this was a Coke Zero love fest!

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I can't quote any studies because I haven't looked at them, but I know that my Mom who was a Diet Coke drinker for years and was diabetic was told by her doctor that if she "had" to have one, Coke Zero would be better than Diet Coke, but even three cans a week is really too much. I personally don't drink or eat any "diet" things. I don't like the taste.

whats the difference? they both have aspartame? diet coke has more caffeine though

coke zero ingredients-Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine

Caffeine Content: 34mg/12 fl oz

INGREDIENTS
    CARBONATED WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, PHOSPHORIC ACID, ASPARTAME, POTASSIUM BENZOATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, POTASSIUM CITRATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, CAFFEINE.

diet coke ingredients-PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

Caffeine Content: 46mg/12 fl oz

INGREDIENTS
    CARBONATED WATER, CARAMEL COLOR, ASPARTAME, PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM BENZOATE (TO PROTECT TASTE), NATURAL FLAVORS, CITRIC ACID, CAFFEINE.
    GMO
    This product includes ingredients sourced from genetically engineered (GE) crops, commonly known as GMOs. Click here to see The Coca-Cola Company's position on GMO’s.

the coke zero has has the acesulfame potassium where the diet coke does not . you can see the differences in the two but only a few ingredients so I wonder why the dr things the second choice is the worst choice?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    the coke zero has has the acesulfame potassium where the diet coke does not . you can see the differences in the two but only a few ingredients so I wonder why the dr things the second choice is the worst choice?

Most doctors get virtually zero formal education on nutrition, so in many cases the advice they dispense is personal anecdote - about as reliable as the diet advice on the cover of a women's magazine at the newsstand. :D

...and Diet Coke gets declared the winnah and still champeen because it has more caffeine! :thumbsup:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the science behind it, I don't truly know if Coke Zero is equally as bad as a regular Coke, all I know is I love the taste and when I feel like having a carbonated drink I go for Coke Zero.

haha i'm with you! I came in here like hey i love coke zero and then it devolved into a controversial debate!

Coke Zero doesn't deserve this...but yeah, I was lured in thinking that this was a Coke Zero love fest!

There's still time to resuscitate it maybe! I drink one every day they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Coke Zero from the can after it has sat for a few minutes in the freezer!!! Let's do a Coke Zero Diet!

True story - one night we were fast asleep in bed ( as is our norm for 3:30 am ;) ) when we were woken by almighty loud bang like gunshots.
    Jumped out of bed, looked outside, all quiet, nobody else in street had stirred, dog was going back to sleep, so no intruders on our property or she would be barking her head off - mystery, but nothing to do but go back to bed.

Next morning husband goes to get something out freezer - Pepsi max can he had put in there to cool down for a few minutes and then forgotten about had exploded - tiny shards of tin can and frozen pepsi icicles everywhere :o

Ps this anecdote has no bearing on bone health B)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

There's still time to resuscitate it maybe! I drink one every day they can pry it from my cold dead hands.

Coke Zero from the can after it has sat for a few minutes in the freezer!!! Let's do a Coke Zero Diet!

True story - one night we were fast asleep in bed ( as is our norm for 3:30 am ;) ) when we were woken by almighty loud bang like gunshots.
    Jumped out of bed, looked outside, all quiet, nobody else in street had stirred, dog was going back to sleep, so no intruders on our property or she would be barking her head off - mystery, but nothing to do but go back to bed.

Next morning husband goes to get something out freezer - Pepsi max can he had put in there to cool down for a few minutes and then forgotten about had exploded - tiny shards of tin can and frozen pepsi icicles everywhere :o

Ps this anecdote has no bearing on bone health B)

kitten mess to clean though.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check
    Is coke zero really only 1 calorie per 330ml can?
    I find it hard to believe

Where I am it is ZERO calories per 500ml bottle.

x4me4041q2b5.jpg

y5ceg9r1wawi.jpg
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,987 Member
    Options
    Tony where are you?? In USA??

As has been mentioned before USA laws state a product with less than 5 calories can be labelled zero calories.

It isn't actually zero, it is about 1 calorie.

Countries that don't have this law will show it as 1 calorie - or metric equivalent.

Of course, in real life applications, difference between 0 calorie per can and 1 calorie per can is non existent.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Most doctors get virtually zero formal education on nutrition, so in many cases the advice they dispense is personal anecdote - about as reliable as the diet advice on the cover of a women's magazine at the newsstand. :D

...and Diet Coke gets declared the winnah and still champeen because it has more caffeine! :thumbsup:

yeah I know I had a few drs who thought they knew their *kitten* from a hole in the ground.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Tony where are you?? In USA??

As has been mentioned before USA laws state a product with less than 5 calories can be labelled zero calories.

It isn't actually zero, it is about 1 calorie.

Countries that don't have this law will show it as 1 calorie - or metric equivalent.

Of course, in real life applications, difference between 0 calorie per can and 1 calorie per can is non existent.

the site I went to it may have been the coke site says its 1-4 calories per 12 oz can. so yeah