Options
1234568»

Replies

• SagePeach
    SagePeach Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    the coke zero has has the acesulfame potassium where the diet coke does not . you can see the differences in the two but only a few ingredients so I wonder why the dr things the second choice is the worst choice?

Most doctors get virtually zero formal education on nutrition, so in many cases the advice they dispense is personal anecdote - about as reliable as the diet advice on the cover of a women's magazine at the newsstand. :D

...and Diet Coke gets declared the winnah and still champeen because it has more caffeine! :thumbsup:

yeah I know I had a few drs who thought they knew their *kitten* from a hole in the ground.

I'm fortunate because my primary care doctor specialized in nutrition/sports nutrition-medicine before he switched over to general practice. On the check-in form it asks how much caffeine you have daily, and in what context you consume it, and he's always more uptight about my coffee drinking, than my diet coke intake. I 'may' drink my weight in coffee every day :*:D