Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me - BUT - I am traveling to a class with a bunch of like minded lady friends - Im pretty sure wine will be involved if not Margaritas. I am going to try to stay AF but....

You can do it! Decide in advance how many or what else you can drink. It depends on what your personal goals are. Maybe do a little experiment and see how it feels not to drink the margs. And you'll save a bunch of calories.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    66ceejay wrote: »
    I'm doing great. Sleeping better not sluggish. Weekend will be a challenge but worth it.

Happy to hear! It is so nice to sleep well and wake up with no headache or the fog of the night before's drinks. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I kind of miss drinking tonight. Is that the same as being tempted? It feels different. Anyway, it has been a meh day and I swear tonight is passing by SO painfully slow. While I would not have minded having a fast forward button tonight that is not a good idea. Alleviating boredom was how I started drinking daily in the first place. No sense in tempting that fate again.

Hang in there, my friend. This too shall pass. Hopefully, your boredom will pass. Watch some YouTube - something funny. Good comedians : Sebastian Maniscalco and Jim Gaffigan.
    Here's a classic bit from one of them: https://youtu.be/9hv0M4mnrE8
  • RubyRed427
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @WinoGelato I like how you said "so you broke a streak." That's so true. Good way to state it. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @NovusDies I'm happy you reflected online yesterday; that's what this thread is all about. Cutting the BS and being real. And you were real and honest. I'm happy you stayed the course; your mindset is really strong.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Interesting side effect for me is lower resting pulse rate, and lower average pulse rate. Really did not expect that, plus a new low on the scale this morning, and this is only a little over a week AF!

HooRaw!!

Great points! Our friend @NormInv posted his significant resting pulse rate change dramatically lowered over the time he has been AF. So, you are so right about noticing that. So happy for your 8 days of AF! Awesome!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    I remember my son's annoyance when he asked if I had quit and I said that I hadn't and I was struggling, but trying. I had said prior that I was quitting.............He later said that my struggle was less than his with alcohol. How sad that made me. I have another that I do not want to go this route.

I am awfully hard on myself, I have been told and I agree. Most of my life, someone important was tough on me. It is no wonder I am this way and I have to fight against that regularly. I treat myself worse than I treat others often. Maybe it is a pattern with those who tend to have an alcohol issue or something like that... Maybe being this tough on myself has actually prolonged my issue with alcohol.

@salleewins Hugs!

Sometimes we can get into a really morbid mindset. A morbid downward spiral.

Focusing on the bad things we do to ourselves and on our bad health aren't often great motivators.

I think that's why "Being Kind to Tomorrow You" has been said to be helpful by so many.

Focusing on doing nice things, and giving ourselves the treat of sobriety or moderation is a positive thing that breeds more positivity and good emotions.

Have you participated in the Self-care challenge threads at all? I love them for their positive "vibes".