Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• imfitasacello
    imfitasacello Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for your support!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    @JulieAL1969 I appreciate everything you've done so much and wish you all the best going forward!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    I'm back with MFP today and found this challenge. I'm in! I've been trying to be more in control of my drinking for awhile now, and this may be the support I need. My goal for what remains of July is to limit my drinking to one a day. I really enjoy drinking good liquor and moderation is always a challenge for me. Boredom and habit leads to drinking in the evenings, which leads to snacking, which leads to guilt in the morning. Hoping for some gentle accountability support.

Welcome, I'm glad you found us. Check the first page of the month for tips, links, etc. You'll have lots of support here with no judgement from us.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    @ErynVee That is a strong reminder that alcohol is a poison and a depressant. I look forward to hearing how you'll feel over the next few weeks without it.
    @Famof72015 Welcome to our group! We'll help you along the way; keep checking in with us and let us know what you need. Also, check the first posts of this month's thread for a bounty of helpful resources. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    edited July 2018
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Do you believe i still feel nauseous four full days after my binge drinking birthday night? Over the last four days, I've had waves of nausea , headaches off and on, very anxious feelings, depression, etc. I am happy many of you are welcoming our new friends. I seriously feel poisoned. I must have had alcohol poisoning more than I ever experienced before. And my sleep for the last four nights has been disjointed as if I am still drinking. Just sayin'
    Sorry to be a downer. But it is another wakeup call for me. I will get back to my journaling, so I dont forget all of these negative consequences I earned after a night of fun.

Ginger is my go to for nausea. Ginger ale works like a charm for me. I keep pickled ginger in the fridge now that I am trying to lose weight because it is less calories but it is sometimes harder to find.

I have known other people who have been hungover for days after drinking and especially if they have had sugary foods with it for some reason. You should feel better tomorrow though. I have only known one person to exceed 4 days and he attended a 3 days bachelor party where they only stopped drinking when they slept.

I am sorry your birthday night festivities have come at such a high price. I am starting to think that bartender didn't deserve a hug. I hope that last line was worth a smile...

I am smiling! Thanks! I will look for ginger ale in our fridge. I just had a Klondike Bar; I'm sure that will work, too. LOL Xoxo
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Wow Julie, I have had 2 day hangovers before, but not 4 days. Hope you feel better.
    Maybe I didn’t read thoroughly, did you actually have alcohol poisoning?
  • RubyRed427
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Wow Julie, I have had 2 day hangovers before, but not 4 days. Hope you feel better.
    Maybe I didn’t read thoroughly, did you actually have alcohol poisoning?

I am self diagnosing - I probably did not have alcohol poisoning just too much alcohol. Thanks:)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Well, I made it! The whole weekend with zero alcohol. Sunday during hours of bbq and good company was the most tempting, but the promise of hitting 225 on the scale by Wednesday or Thursday, sustained my resolve, and I had the best sleep last night that I have had in several weeks.

A couple of months of this and I will be richer and lighter! LOL

Good job. It feels good to achieve a goal and you should be proud.
  • NovusDies
    Usually when I have come off daily drinking I wouldn't be hungover the first day but I would be hungover for 2 to 3 days afterwards.

@JulieAL1969 A Klondike bar is definitely a good cure.
  • NovusDies
    Hello everyone!! Just checking in to say HI :) I put some of my saved $$ from being AF toward an A/C unit for my sweltering apartment. I've never had A/C in my home before & would have continued to tough it out with a fan, BUT my dog is 10 now & considered a senior in dog years. He has been having some difficulty breathing in the heat. It's been an exceptionally hot summer in my area so far. Isn't it interesting that we'll do things for others that we wouldn't do for ourselves.

Ice in his water bowl can help if the AC hasn't been installed yet.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2018
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Hello everyone!! Just checking in to say HI :) I put some of my saved $$ from being AF toward an A/C unit for my sweltering apartment. I've never had A/C in my home before & would have continued to tough it out with a fan, BUT my dog is 10 now & considered a senior in dog years. He has been having some difficulty breathing in the heat. It's been an exceptionally hot summer in my area so far. Isn't it interesting that we'll do things for others that we wouldn't do for ourselves.

Ice in his water bowl can help if the AC hasn't been installed yet.

We have AC, and I put ice in my dog's water. He's 13, very old for a big dog. It really does help.