Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Interesting side effect for me is lower resting pulse rate, and lower average pulse rate. Really did not expect that, plus a new low on the scale this morning, and this is only a little over a week AF!

HooRaw!!

Great points! Our friend @NormInv posted his significant resting pulse rate change dramatically lowered over the time he has been AF. So, you are so right about noticing that. So happy for your 8 days of AF! Awesome!

ouch....friend zoned
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    @salleewins Hugs!

Sometimes we can get into a really morbid mindset. A morbid downward spiral.

Focusing on the bad things we do to ourselves and on our bad health aren't often great motivators.

I think that's why "Being Kind to Tomorrow You" has been said to be helpful by so many.

Focusing on doing nice things, and giving ourselves the treat of sobriety or moderation is a positive thing that breeds more positivity and good emotions.

Have you participated in the Self-care challenge threads at all? I love them for their positive "vibes".

I posted about this at some point I think or it could have been one of the many I wrote out and then deleted. When I am unhappy with something that happened yesterday I try (not always successful) to view it as something past me did or the flipside of "tomorrow you" would be yesterday me. It is a minor distinction but it helps me treat the situation as if someone else did it. I believe that in life that you can't expect grace from others unless you freely give it. So I can be disappointed that yesterday me didn't live up to expectations but I try to give grace as I would if it were someone else. More than anything if I can get the raw emotion out of the equation I can try and learn from what possibly went wrong.

Insightful.

Yes, it's hard to forgive ourselves, but often easier to forgive someone else.

Something something something about the cells in our bodies being replaced daily/weekly/monthly etc and we're not the same person from one day/week/year to the next anyway.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    I still haven't had a single drop of alcohol throughout this whole month :)

Good work. I remember one of my dry months from a couple of years ago and the last part was actually pretty tough. Hopefully for you it will be smooth(er) sailing.
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    I still haven't had a single drop of alcohol throughout this whole month :)

Good work!
  • trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Interesting side effect for me is lower resting pulse rate, and lower average pulse rate. Really did not expect that, plus a new low on the scale this morning, and this is only a little over a week AF!

HooRaw!!

awesome on both. Great work
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Welcome, newbies!

If you're posting on the app, don't click "Done" up the top unless you've seen your post has been uploaded!

That darn "Done" tricks me so often!