• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    So this is the big day
    The magical day

Why ?
    Is it a 10 day myth?

I'm not sure why day 10 BUT I believe it takes 10 days for the alcohol to leave your system. So,maybe today you will have zero residue. I love your writing style.

Thanks, I like to read your posts and the way you support others.
    Hey, if you want to see an awesome person, just go look in the mirror.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I’m so inspired and encouraged by all of your words. I’ve been at this since Monday, so I’m just figuring things out (technology wise) so I haven’t been commenting as much as I’d like on individual posts. Takes me so long! I’m so grateful to have this fairly anonymous source of support. I’ve limited myself to one drink a day four four days, which is huge. It seems that if I pass the one drink threshold, all bets are off and I’ll keep going. Evening boredom and social situations are challenges for me. My weight is down and I’m feeling good about my progress so far. Thank you all for your support.

Well done you,
    Ask yourself why one drink?

Today take just a small sip and then sit back.
    Now, have a think “do you really like the taste?”

I don’t want to know the answer, I just want you to know why you drink.

The reason alcohol makes people feel relaxed is because it blocks your brain from working correctly.

This might come across as pushing instead of just supporting. Her goal was one drink per day and she seems happy with it. This thread can be kind of tricky because less for some means moderation which can have countless definitions and for others means none or working towards none.

I certainly didn’t mean to come across as pushy
    At no point did I say don’t drink, in fact I actually encouraged her to take a drink, when I learnt why I drank I found the solution that was correct for me.
    I don’t push my solution on others
    I think it’s useful that people understand why they do things.

Oh well,
    I apologise @imfitasacello I didn’t mean to come across as pushy, just supportive.

@NovusDies, I’ll keep my thoughts to myself in future Thanks
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    I drew us a picture.

It's called "Sufficient".

6t9osirmrn0r.jpeg

Didn't get round to explaining this yesterday.

This is all of us.

If we're an abstainer, this is us happily refusing any alcohol even though restaurants lay out wine glasses automatically. We're fine with that. We've already had our share in the past.

If we're a moderator, this is us happily refusing a drink that will put us over our limit for the week/month. We've had our share for now.

We can take it or leave it. We've had sufficient.

This is beautiful, you are very talented! Thank you!
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Oh, PS, I think it's 6 minutes. 6 seconds would be nice, but . . . .
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @donimfp I too have used wine to "help" with a stressful situation. It doesn't help anything for me! Hang in there, Girl. Today is a new day.
  • snoo61
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Oh, PS, I think it's 6 minutes. 6 seconds would be nice, but . . . .

I've said 6 seconds too. Wishful thinking? 😆
  • snoo61
    Options
    Day 10 came & went
    My thoughts came & went
    Temptation came & went

I went to bed, proud, confident, with a sense of achievement.

Wow
    Ok so it’s 7am on a Sunday in England
    My want for alcohol is huge, the highest it’s been since day1.

I wonder
    Is having a mini goal “Day 10” a mistake?
    I wonder
    After the achievement has my brain said
    “it’s reward time”

OMG
    I have to leave the house this is horrendous

This feeling is what I thought I’d feel everyday, I’d let my guard down.

I hope you're doing ok. Keep us posted, I'm thinking about you.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @andysport1 Just wondering if you ever write in a journal. I find journalling very helpful cause I can figure out what is going on inside of me when I write it out. It also helps to just vent it ALL!! If you haven't, I'd suggest trying it. Hope this helps somewhat. Hoping the best for you!! You can DO THIS!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,162 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    @andysport1, hang in there. I can relate to your feeling after Day 10. A "few" times that Day 10 has actually led me to think, "Wow, I did 10 days, so surely now I can enjoy one drink." I've finally learned that is lying to myself, but I do understand feeling very tempted around the 10-12 day mark.

It's 4 a.m. CDT here in the U.S., so it's 10 a.m. for you now. I hope by now you are feeling much better. Julie often mentions the "6-second" nature of cravings. I hope the last few hours have been good for you.

I'm up at 4 a.m. after having slept 1 hour. I've been out of touch lately trying to help my mom navigate a situation in which a business partner is taking very unscrupulous advantage of her, and she is having trouble standing up for herself. And yes, I've used wine to "comfort" myself. Stupid. It is not a comfort, and this sleepless night is a tough reminder. So back to non-drinking, which is much much better for me.

I believe I have discovered that I am not as anonymous as I thought on this board, so I'm backing off a little bit, but I'm certainly following and appreciate all the good thoughts.

Ouch. I always think we are anonymous but I'm sure that's not always the case.
    Sorry for your wine indulgence. It happens. And yes, the sleep disruption is a terrible but necessary reminder. Oh well, start fresh tomorrow. Xo
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself Julie xxoo!