WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Did Patrick Goudeau’s Play Ball in 4 DVD. Since classes are cancelled at the gym tomorrow, the plan is to do a Firm Max Cardio Burn DVD. Normally, I would have taken the water class, but I’ll take it Friday.

Katie – good news!

Chicken_ma – welcome! What kind of job do you have?

Wendy – thanks for the pics. You look great

Vince has an appt for a physical and I’m thinking that I may go to the ceramics place. There isn’t much I need to do to get the firefly completed then they can fire it Thursday, I can pick it up Monday and put the jewels on it. Maybe I can start on the seahorse. I really should get that done.

Barbara – Book Club was funny. Truthfully, I don’t know that I would have paid full price to go see it, but at the discounted price it wasn’t bad. I really wanted to see “I feel Pretty” but that ended Friday. Maybe it’ll come back? Or if it comes out on DVD, maybe I can rent it. I just feel bad buying a DVD (unless it’s at a thrift store) since I probably will only watch it a handfull of times and then have to store it. Honestly, I rather store exercise DVD’s

Workoutaholic – welcome! What kinds of workouts do you like to do?

Pois….- welcome! Great goals, not too aggressive. You’ll succeed. I’ve found that ordering mostly veges in restaurants helps. The only problem seems to be that they don’t give you a lot of veggies (unless it’s french fries)

Tigrib – welcome. I know you’ll be successful

Went up to the ceramics studio. I had so little of the firefly to do and I really wanted to get it done. Since we won’t be there tomorrow, I went up today. I also did the first coat on the other seahorse. I’m just getting sick of looking at it there. Now I need to find a picture of the crab.

Vicki – the way you feel is totally appropriate. It bothers me that Denise wants to live with Pete’s parents and never says anything about coming to see us. Of course, Pete doesn’t either. And if we go to see them, it’s not like we have any place to stay. I just keep thinking “what goes around comes around”

Rori – when Vince had cataract surgery, admitted at first he was really worried about it. But after he had the first eye done, he asked the MD “when can we do the next eye”. I’m so sorry you’re going to have to do the eye drops. I know Vince had a calendar of when he had to take which drop

Michele in NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2018
    Aaack, broken toes, Rye, so sorry! I had a broken toe but I smacked it into my husband's bare foot, both of us in mid stride, meeting up in the hallway of another place. I looked at my toe next to my baby toe on my right foot. It was pointing to my baby toe! I yelled hysterically, "Is it broken"? Husband said matter of factly, "Ya think"? Since I was quite a walker, they did surgery and put a little spike down the bone. They said if I didn't get it done, it would ache every time it rained, or something like that. Yours isn't broken over, so you're good to go! Like Sue said, just tape it to a toe next.👍
    Rebecca
  • ghy139
    ghy139 Posts: 302 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I just did something that I didn't know how to do and surprised to have been successful. I'm using my phone as an internet hotspot and here I am! We are at the county park out in the country and this is our second day. We left the RV here and went home to get some things that we that we needed. When we got back, we wandered all over the park and looked at all the facilities and camping spaces. We barbecued our dinner, and went to the grocery store in a nearby town for supplies. DH said he could create an internet hotspot for me, but he was tired from the activities of the day and went to bed. I managed to create one for myself with a bit of luck and stick to it attitude. I can her people setting off booms and bangs in the distance. Our dog is resting beside me and doesn't seem to be upset, but is a little tense. That is the miracle we were hoping for and didn't dare believe. No one is setting things off in the park where we are parked; this is all coming from outside. I hope that the next few days will go at least as well as this one and our pup manages okay. (Our "pup" is going on 10 years old.) I feel like I've done the impossible, and it is very nice. He and DH have both gone to bed.

Lanette: There is a lot of noise in the vicinity right now, but it isn't in the park and it isn't as bad as at home. The dog is doing okay at the moment, & rested on the floor beside me for a while. He isn't relaxed and happy, but he isn't upset, either. I'll take what I can get. :smile:

Rebecca: Your bracelet is lovely. Would it be more comfortable if you converted it to a necklace? :flowerforyou:

(((RITA))) I hope things go well for your DH. Here is a song for you--
    lyrics only. I couldn't figure out how to link the actual song.

Well, I'm running down the road
    tryin' to loosen my load
    I've got seven women on
    my mind,
    Four that wanna own me,
    Two that wanna stone me,
    One says she's a friend of mine
    Take It easy, take it easy
    Don't let the sound of your own wheels
    drive you crazy
    Lighten up while you still can
    don't even try to understand
    Just find a place to make your stand
    and take it easy
    Well, I'm a standing on a corner
    in Winslow, Arizona
    and such a fine sight to see
    It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
    Ford slowin' down to take a look at me
    Come on, baby, don't say maybe
    I gotta know if your sweet love is
    gonna save me
    We may lose and we may win though
    we will never be here again
    so open up, I'm climbin' in,
    so take it easy
    Well I'm running down the road trying to loosen
    my load, got a world of trouble on my mind
    lookin' for a lover who won't blow my
    cover, she's so hard to find
    Take it easy, take it easy
    don't let the sound of your own
    wheels make you crazy
    come on baby, don't say maybe
    gonna save me, oh oh oh
    Oh we got it easy
    We oughta take it easy

Barbie: Last winter when we went to see DS and his family, he talked me into getting a new phone. I am beginning to make peace with it, after 7 months. At least it is giving me internet access today so that I can chat with everyone. I'm pleased about that. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: Your granddaughter looks happy and YOUNG. How old is she? :flowerforyou:
    Rori: DH had cataracts removed from both eyes in separate surgeries. He had the first one done, and the second done over a month later. The surgeries were a blessing. I hope your DH does as well as mine did. :star: Michele is right about eye drops. They make a huge difference. DH managed the time schedule and I was the one to put the drops in his eyes. :star:

DH and the dog have gone to bed. I expect that I'll be following right along. Have a good evening, and a good day tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

July 2018 Resolutions:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    6. Avoid alcohol.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    I just did something that I didn't know how to do and surprised to have been successful. I'm using my phone as an internet hotspot and here I am!

Just be sure to watch your data usage when you do that. You can suddenly use up a whole lot of it!

I set mine up like that sometimes when we travel, but try not to spend too much time online because I can see that little data usage graph going up!

Machka in Oz

• ghy139
    ghy139 Posts: 302 Member
    I just did something that I didn't know how to do and surprised to have been successful. I'm using my phone as an internet hotspot and here I am! We are at the county park out in the country and this is our second day. We left the RV here and went home to get some things that we that we needed. When we got back, we wandered all over the park and looked at all the facilities and camping spaces. We barbecued our dinner, and went to the grocery store in a nearby town for supplies. DH said he could create an internet hotspot for me, but he was tired from the activities of the day and went to bed. I managed to create one for myself with a bit of luck and stick to it attitude. I can her people setting off booms and bangs in the distance. Our dog is resting beside me and doesn't seem to be upset, but is a little tense. That is the miracle we were hoping for and didn't dare believe. No one is setting things off in the park where we are parked; this is all coming from outside. I hope that the next few days will go at least as well as this one and our pup manages okay. (Our "pup" is going on 10 years old.) I feel like I've done the impossible, and it is very nice. He and DH have both gone to bed.

Lanette: There is a lot of noise in the vicinity right now, but it isn't in the park and it isn't as bad as at home. The dog is doing okay at the moment, & rested on the floor beside me for a while. He isn't relaxed and happy, but he isn't upset, either. I'll take what I can get. :smile:

Rebecca: Your bracelet is lovely. Would it be more comfortable if you converted it to a necklace? :flowerforyou:

(((RITA))) I hope things go well for your DH. Here is a song for you--
    lyrics only. I couldn't figure out how to link the actual song.

Well, I'm running down the road
    tryin' to loosen my load
    I've got seven women on
    my mind,
    Four that wanna own me,
    Two that wanna stone me,
    One says she's a friend of mine
    Take It easy, take it easy
    Don't let the sound of your own wheels
    drive you crazy
    Lighten up while you still can
    don't even try to understand
    Just find a place to make your stand
    and take it easy
    Well, I'm a standing on a corner
    in Winslow, Arizona
    and such a fine sight to see
    It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
    Ford slowin' down to take a look at me
    Come on, baby, don't say maybe
    gonna save me
    We may lose and we may win though
    we will never be here again
    so open up, I'm climbin' in,
    so take it easy
    Well I'm running down the road trying to loosen
    my load, got a world of trouble on my mind
    lookin' for a lover who won't blow my
    cover, she's so hard to find
    Take it easy, take it easy
    don't let the sound of your own
    wheels make you crazy
    come on baby, don't say maybe
    gonna save me, oh oh oh
    Oh we got it easy
    We oughta take it easy

Barbie: Last winter when we went to see DS and his family, he talked me into getting a new phone. I am beginning to make peace with it, after 7 months. At least it is giving me internet access today so that I can chat with everyone. I'm pleased about that. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: Your granddaughter looks happy and YOUNG. How old is she? :flowerforyou:
    Rori: DH had cataracts removed from both eyes in separate surgeries. He had the first one done, and the second done over a month later. The surgeries were a blessing. I hope your DH does as well as mine did. :star: Michele is right about eye drops. They make a huge difference. DH managed the time schedule and I was the one to put the drops in his eyes. :star:

DH and the dog have gone to bed. I expect that I'll be following right along. Have a good evening, and a good day tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.”
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

July 2018 Resolutions:

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.
    6. Avoid alcohol.

Love the SONG...Bet we all lnow those words.Also,thosr resolutions ate good rules to stick by.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    Alfie woke me up at 5:45 am, but fell asleep at 8 last night, we sat outside for lunch yesterday and it was hot.hot hot.. and had picnic stuff, which didnt sit in my tummy well.. so I came home and got the dog out and crawled into bed..
    today not alot of plans, make some go go juice for the hummingbirds, and maybe pick up some freeze dried mealworms for the birds, and study... of course go feed my DFIL