WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oh so I fixed my famous chicken fried rice tonight. On the logging I generalized to just homemade chicken fried rice, and so I calculated 1/2 cups worth. Waiting patiently for my tempura shrimp, yummy!
    Rebecca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER can't seem to find those podcasts

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Welcome new folks make sure to give us a name we can call you and a location, so great you found us. :)

Well the heatwave may be coming to an end, at least a little break. So off to the back yard to start taking apart a raised bed, one little step at a time. Also have to repaint the wrought iron handrails. Teeny steps :o

Hope all the pups fared well amongst all the fireworks.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and having my tea.... have to rummage around for beach towels ,I know I brought some with me when I moved ,but to find them now is anyones guess... Oh well I think there might be one or 2 I left at Toms I could borrow or just stop at Walmart and pick one up. taking my granddaughter to my friends pool today.. will load up on fresh fruit and veggies for both of us and lots of water...
    then back here until my daughter gets out of work... have her thursdays and fridays during the summer.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Thursday!
    BArbie- My phone is a Samsung Galaxy4!! I gave my last two upgrades to my DH (his old phone was a flip phone) and my DYS (because I am a nice mom). But I have noticed the limitations of my older phone as technology marches on. SO...the next upgrade will be mine. (This fall I think) Going to stick with the Galaxy line. Good phones!
    Heather- 5:00-6:00 was always my run time! Yea, you! Running, weeding, yard work! That is a busy morning and very kind of you to let DH sleep a bit!
    Keri- The kids at the beach with me are my daycare kids. I only have one grandchild so far, and he lives in Texas; so the kids I refer to most often are my job. For the most part; a fun job.
    Welcome new ladies!- This is a wonderful and supportive bunch of women. Come often, chime in when you feel the urge, log daily, and don't forget to bookmark the page to make it easier to find us!

Did a bit of yardwork this morning, while the temps are more reasonable, so I am running a bit behind schedule. Hugs and strength to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I found the BBC Radio 4 website and downloaded a podcast to my phone. Later I'll spend more time checking out the variety.

:)Kelly, My Samsung Galaxy S9 has better sound quality and longer battery life and quicker charging....lots of other features, but the sound and battery are important to me...also a larger screen.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Lanette I do not think increasing sugar after giving up alcohol as unusual. They encourage it in alcoholic anonymous.

I recently learned they lace cigarettes with sugar too. So it is normal to crave sweets when you quit and thus the common adding ten as a result.

Where I have seen it personally is in my brother and his wife. They gave up alcohol years ago but both have a massive sweet tooth. The reason they stay lean is the swim at least a mile a day everyday. My DSIL is hypogylcemic. My DS is giving up alcohol and replacing it with a sweet diet. I had an aunt whose mother was an alcoholic. She did not drink but she had to have her sweets and ended up diabetic.

I still remember my dad talking about how sugar raises your insulin and will cause you to gain weight and this was over thirty years ago.

He loved to tell the story about how his company had a doctor on site, and they diagnosed him with high blood pressure. He took their pills, but when he went back it was still high, so they upped the dose. On his own he realized they checked right it after he drank his tea that was loaded with Tang (pure sugar). When he quit loading in the Tang his blood pressure went down. It made him angry that the doctors did not take the time to make the connection. What I learned from his story is that I know my body the best and by listening to it I can often figure out what caused my problem.

We did not get rain last night, so we were treated to an hour of fireworks up the street at our local elementary school. It is not advertised but more and more people come through word of mouth. Fortunately we just had had rain so the risk of fire was low. They also set off these Japanese lanterns that were like mini hot air balloons. Quite a sight.

:heart: Margaret
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I have decided to try doing intermittent fasting. I realized yesterday that if I lost 7 or 8 more pounds I would be considered overweight instead of obese. :'( I have kind of been doing it since last Saturday but not truly. Watching all the Youtube videos and find it interesting.

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Watched lively fireworks from our campground last night. B/c of desert and no trees, we had a great view. Dogs weren’t bother, the distance muffled the noise.

DH has been very tired and sleeping a lot. Not him at all.

Me, I’m not sleeping well. Too much worry and not enough exercise.

Going to Walmart in town. I hope t get pics around the old part of town, maybe I’ll go when DH takes a nap. I got pics of the Little Painted Desert yesterday while he was napping. Will post once I download from my camera.

RV Rita in Winslow Arizona