WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    mtowne002 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

Hi! Glad you are popping in <3 you must catch us up on what you have been doing!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    So sorry to hear of your granddaughter's cancer CJ. I don't suppose you can think of much else. (((((HUGS)))))

Mary - I know you too must be worried sick. <3 It's awful when you feel so impotent.

Decided not to run this morning. I will do it tomorrow before we drive to Hove. That will fit in better with the day as we will get in some walking as well. We are staying overnight so we can go to Edie's show. She is the bear in We're Going On A Bear Hunt. It's her last term at the nursery before she starts school in September. Her final report was so lovely in that it perfectly described her brilliant skills with people as well as her gumption. :laugh: One thing all three children have is their "try, try, try again" quality. Their mum has worked hard on not being afraid to fail. Sometimes Edie says, "I'm not very good yet, but I'm only learning." It doesnt stop her trying. That's a lesson we could all learn.

I'm starting a new cleaner this afternoon, which is always a bit preoccupying, but I should still have time for some recumbent bike. She sounded nice on the phone. It sometimes takes a while for them to understand how I want things. I don't expect them to do the whole house in 2 hours! I would rather they did half of it properly. Hate a half done room! :bigsmile: I've got a thing about skirtings! With this agency you can choose "deep clean" or normal clean, I want something in between!
    The agency has recently put their pay up, which I'm glad about. It was far too low before. But I think the agency fee is too high.

Hope to sort another box today.

Much love to all and love to all those suffering or taking care of sufferers. :'(<3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Margaret, reading about your yard with the birds, butterflies and bees just made me feel like I had a little mini vacation! Sounds just lovely, and what a good thing you are doing for the planet. Wish more people felt like you do.
    CJ, my heart breaks for you and your family. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts.
    Mary, you are also in my thoughts. Our babies are always our babies.....
    Kelly, I'm so glad you are having such a nice visit with Joaquin! Oh, and your daughter of course.... :)
    Rebecca, sincerest wishes for a speedy recovery! I'm trusting that all went well.
    Lenora, I love the story of the snoopy landlady! Imagine the nerve!
    Two days of not snacking after dinner, and didn't do too bad all day either. I did do a bunch of running around this afternoon and then this evening hubby and I were outside checking the automatic sprinklers for our complex. We're pretty sure the one set aren't working, and not quite sure how to fix them.... The poor grass there is just not happy. Doesn't help that one resident has taken it upon himself to weed whack it within an inch of it's little life. sigh. Oh well, it is what it is and come the rainy season it will be green and lush once again! After checking that out and having a nice visit with a very cute young couple who are expecting their first baby this month, I went and watered our flowers in our backyard. By the time all of that was done it was almost 9 p.m., so decided to go and brush my teeth and have my shower so that took care of the mindless munchies! lol Such a nice feeling!
    Too many people to respond to individually. I have been reading and do think about all of you as I'm reading. I hope you can feel my hugs, hear my laughter and also hear me cheering your victories!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Rebecca (((Gentle Hugs)))
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Sorry to hear about some of the things some of you are going through. :(
  • Machka9
    It's astounding to me how quickly I run out of energy mid-afternoon now. I wasn't like that prior to my husband's accident. I used to have much more energy.

And right now, it is so tempting to hire a personal assistant for a couple weeks, but not sure how to go about doing that. The person would have to be extremely well organised and very comfortable with technology. Also with a reasonable grasp of bookkeeping / accounting. Basically another me ... maybe a slightly more organised me.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    Kim - it sounds like you did a great job with your god daughter. Someone like you is so important at that age. Much better than a parent. :)<3

KJ - Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy! :D:D:D:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    :(
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Machka~ stunning scenery and this is winter? wow...
    Went to sleep early last night I just needed the rest...working early today to to make up for monday being off..I am having my tea and will take the nutty dog out for a walk, then walk Homer and Chester, then go to my dads...the appraiser will meet my brother and I at 9 am.from there going to work...working 10-6
  • cityjaneLondon
    Lisa - Cheering you on! <3

Machka - Lovely photos. :D

After another call from our agents about lack of paperwork arriving at our solicitors, I couldn't help firing off an email to our solicitors without telling DH. :o>:) Makes me feel a bit better.

I've also rung the Oxfam shop about collecting a big box of poetry books. Might try to find some more to go with it. I've kept the two I was awarded as school prizes. :bigsmile:

My new cleaner has rung to say she is ill. :#:/:| The agency should send someone else so I am expecting a phone call. It'll have to be Friday as we are out tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka~ stunning scenery and this is winter? wow...

Occasionally we get snow ... this was around about this time of year 3 years ago ...

20216258216_cd2a13b21a_c.jpg

Most of the time, we're too close to sea level for snow, but it can get quite chilly, rainy, and windy (like it has been the last couple days).

M in Oz

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Mary & CJ ~ Hugs for you both as I know you are frantically worried about your loved ones.

Rebecca ~ You look so pretty laying in your hospital bed. The short hair cut becomes you. Sorry about the clogged tube. Glad your surgery was successful.

Macha ~ Lovely beach!

Lisa ~ Sorry about your tummy problems. Hope it clears up quickly now.

Alison ~ Sound like you are doing a full day's work even before you go to your "real" job. Hugs.

Good wishes and prayers for all who are facing life altering issues!

Carol in GA

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Mary and CJ - prayers for both of you and your daughter/granddaughter.

Okie