Pet peeves

Options

Replies

• Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    When I order food that makes no mention of a certain spice in it...and bam! It's in there.😒 That really stinks when I am starving....I'm always weary of sending back food too.🙄 I worked as a waitress in high school and saw first hand what would happen....not for the weak of stomach!🤐😷
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    When parents, in pursuit of some sophmoric idea of originality, name their kid some pretentious foolish sounding name that no one knows exactly how to spell or pronounce.

Ya, like George ugh🙄puhlease
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    People who scream and cuss at their kids in public. What you do in the privacy of your home is your business but do you really need to embarrass the kids and make yourself look like a fool on the bus??! Smh - makes me sad and mad and feeling all kinda bad.. poor kids

It's a double edged sword however...

Almost nothing can be more annoying than when people let their kids run all over the place and climb into your booth at a restaurant or up your *kitten* in line...

Whenever I see a kid acting up and the parent bust them (not literally), I'm ready to hand out freaking medals! Lol

Oh I agree 100% but also think that you can correct your children without your behavior appearing to be worse than theirs.

Totally... I've nearly perfected "The look" my mother use to give me lol... All it ever should take imo

I know that look. That's all it took. I never got spanked. No need. The look was all it took. Lol.

• george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    Options
    When parents, in pursuit of some sophmoric idea of originality, name their kid some pretentious foolish sounding name that no one knows exactly how to spell or pronounce.

Um wut?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    george5911 wrote: »

Um wut?

Oops...exhusband.not you...lol. but that explains a lot 🤦‍♀️
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    It irks me when I see someone with obviously more than 20 items in their shopping cart waiting impatiently in the 12 and under line up.

Yes! It also irks me to pay $0.05 for a crappy bag that will have holes in it by the time I get home...like if it was a decent bag I wouldn't have such an issue with it, but if I have to pay and can't reuse it... f that
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    It irks me when I see someone with obviously more than 20 items in their shopping cart waiting impatiently in the 12 and under line up.

Yes! It also irks me to pay $0.05 for a crappy bag that will have holes in it by the time I get home...like if it was a decent bag I wouldn't have such an issue with it, but if I have to pay and can't reuse it... f that

It costs $0.15 per bag here and they are pretty good quality..
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

$0.15!!!! Are you kidding me? That's highway robbery! I'd full on rage!
    ...now if they tacked that price onto my items I probably wouldn't notice, but for a bag, nope!

Funny, 2 stores I can think of that don't charge for bags here actually have the best quality bags
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    People who scream and cuss at their kids in public. What you do in the privacy of your home is your business but do you really need to embarrass the kids and make yourself look like a fool on the bus??! Smh - makes me sad and mad and feeling all kinda bad.. poor kids

Almost nothing can be more annoying than when people let their kids run all over the place and climb into your booth at a restaurant or up your *kitten* in line...

Whenever I see a kid acting up and the parent bust them (not literally), I'm ready to hand out freaking medals! Lol

Oh I agree 100% but also think that you can correct your children without your behavior appearing to be worse than theirs.

Totally... I've nearly perfected "The look" my mother use to give me lol... All it ever should take imo

I know that look. That's all it took. I never got spanked. No need. The look was all it took. Lol.

So do you have, or did it skip a generation?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

So do you have, or did it skip a generation?

Well I don't have kids yet but I hope that when i do, they will get in line with just a look. Lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

$0.15!!!! Are you kidding me? That's highway robbery! I'd full on rage!
    ...now if they tacked that price onto my items I probably wouldn't notice, but for a bag, nope!

Funny, 2 stores I can think of that don't charge for bags here actually have the best quality bags

Our grocery bags used to be free till this year. In an effort to protect the environment from the old bags that often ended up in landfill and waterways ( non biodegradable) they switched to these better bags that breakdown. I hardly notice the little extra on my grocery bill and it's for a good cause, so I'm ok with it. I believe you can return them to the store for a refund but I feel like this is my way to donate in a round about way.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    When people repeatedly claim they want to get out and do stuff, but never get out and do stuff. It's really not that hard...
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hug muggers, watch out for them around this time of year especially
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    People who think their horse needs the same layers they do
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't listen to hear and understand, but just to respond.

I like pets and peeving
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Feet draggers.

This. :s
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't listen to hear and understand, but just to respond.

I like pets and peeving

exhibit A.

Yes
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    When people pick their teeth.

That hurts
  • kelsium33
    kelsium33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    People who don't say thank you after you hold a door open for them/people who don't hold doors open