WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well, I bought some smoked deli turkey slices but not really pleased on how they taste. But I bought an economy pack so after separating in servings of 4 slices I am good for a couple of months! Keeping it in the freezer until I make a sammy.

Bought my yogurt, cottage cheese, orange and mango juice, and cucumbers. I've cut one cucumber up and its happily marinating in the vlassic pickle brine! My momma used to do that with her own pickles. Can them then give them an extra punch with classic brine. Its like you're stealing their recipe!

Not really happy about how I drove today. My dear husband wasn't either! Well I got from a to b. Just am overly cautious, like I'm driving thru quicksand.

Well going to plan out my meals today!
    Rebecca 💗
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Tracey - my boys just think my principles are very amusing. I have a lot of them. I am well known for being opiniated. :laugh: When I talk about something they just go "Yer, yer, yer ......" They've heard it all before. I wasn't strict, just very keen on truth, justice and fairness. I also try not to let my heart get in the way of my head, which baffles people sometimes. I will always go for the rational over the emotional. Of course, I am only human ............ :o

The phone thing is a connection point for a phone in houses. I was worried because they are on cable which needs a special cable modem etc. We just have a phoneline connecting modem. Anyway, there are such normal connection points in two downstairs rooms so we can just plug in and wait for our phone company to connect us. They say it shouldn't take long. ;):*
    We may switch to cable, which is faster, once we have settled in, but we need to get connected asap. I imagine we take on their number, but I'm not sure. Will have to check that.

It's been raining all day. The grass is happy. The lanes are under water.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Years ago I worked with a lady from England and learned some of the terminology differences. I am still learning more thanks to this group :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Karen you are right some processed foods have a place in a healthy diet like olive oil and yogurt. The processed foods I am referring to are the ones high in sugar, salt, and oils like corn or soy.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Oh, Allie, I'm sorry... I really am. Wish I could give you a big hug, punkin.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, Allie, the stress will all be over soon (maybe Monday). Chin up, you will make it through to better days, much better!

Snowflake Tracey, (I love calling you Snowflake) in fact, I am going to add that to my list of possible foal names, thanks-I consider myself a life-long learner and am happy to share what I learn on my journey. My horses have been incredible teachers to me of many things, patience, courage, and how foods and supplements affect behaviour and nerves etc. It gradually dawned on me, over many years, that I was paying more attention to what I fed my horses than to what I fed my own body, so I started taking as good care of myself. LOL

Machka, thanks for the link. I will enjoy the graduation ceremony and celebrate long distance with you.

Well, it is a Super Good Day here. The sun is shining and I am taking Mani and Lady to the beach with my student at lunchtime. Gotta go get all the animals fed and chores done first. <3 Wendy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lisa~ love ya honey....I know when God gives you lemons you make lemonade, and where he closes a door he opens a window.. but enough already yet.. lol.. well I am sitting back and having myself a spiked seltzer ~no sugar and 90 calories
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: It sounds as though you are very close to moving. I hope the change is joyous and you are both happy in your new home. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: I've heard your mother's quote before, "Genius is 1 % inspiration and 99 % perspiration." I think her idea is both insightful and correct. The zucchini looks yummy. :star:

(((Allie)))

We went to VW today and picked up DH's car. He is pleased with his car and we're a two car family once again, and done with the VW dealership for a good long while, I hope. They treated us well and gave us good service. Yay!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :):)Katla, congrats on the successful resolution of your VW challenges.

:) I walked the dogs a bit more today which was a good thing because Jake is so exhausted from his treatment yesterday that he needed more time to sit, sleep, and rest.

<3Allie, sending hugs to you. Be sure to get as much rest and water and nourishing food as you can.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janet, your granddaughter is a model and your artwork is fantastic. How are the sales going in that shop? I bet they are selling like hotcakes.

Thank you, Wendy. I told my granddaughter the same thin, that she looked like a model.

Thanks on the ornament too. All these I'm making now were my favorites from last year that I gave away or sold so now I'm making a few for myself. I've not kept any for myself before. The sales at the store have not happened,don't know if it's the wrong time of year or???????I

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Janet OKC ~ Your granddaughter is beautiful! And, so is your latest ornament. Are you selling the ornaments online?

Carol in GA

Thank you Carole. Most of the ornaments I've pictured here this year are for myself, I've not kept any before for myself. The red, however, is for my sister. I had shown her several pictures of examples I found online that I wanted to try, she asked me to make this one for her. However, I will be selling more online again soon.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Today is my eldest son's 29th birthday!

Today is my oldest grandsons 25th birthday 🎂!!!!! Man that makes me feel ols. Lol

Welcome new members!
    Hugs to each of yas!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Kkkk
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    stats for the day;

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.05min, 13.3amph, 124mhr, 1.5mi= 78c
    apple watch- 59c
    TREADMILL slow jog- 21.49min, 10.55min mi, 5.4-5.6p, 129ahr, 139mhr, 2mi= 204c
    apple watch- 290c
    ARMDIP and CHINUP assist machine- 12.23min, 136mhr, 117ahr, 5sets of 10ea then 4sets of 10, situps and on back leg extensions= 104C
    apple watch- 86c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.19min, 16.6amph, 120mhr, 1.4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 42c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.05min, 9.47min mi, 136ahr, 153mhr, .5mi= 55c
    apple watch- 54c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.15min, 9.21min mi, 115ahr, 146mhr, .4mi= 57c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.37min, 7.9amph, 12mph winds!!, 125ahr, 152mhr, 2.5mi= 208c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 761